Sinclair News Script

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
claysmithr
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Sinclair News Script

Post by claysmithr »

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Sinclair News Script

Post by RickD »

Ahhhhh!

All the voices in my head!

Make it stop!!!!!!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

This is a great example of what happens when too many stations are under the control of one company. The script in that video seems innocuous, but are there any other required segments?

Why yes, there certainly are.

By now I figure I've spent enough time reading articles from the Daily Caller and Breitbart and watching clips of Ben Shapiro misrepresenting the facts to justify posting a video of my own. Here's John Oliver doing a thoroughly researched piece about Sinclair News and the many ways they sneakily inject right-wing punditry (See how I held off saying propaganda?) into local news casts.

Enjoy.

BTW, this is the kind of stuff I worry about, while some of you are busy fretting over the possibility that the word "vagina" might be banned.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Seriously, what would Amy Schumer do for her jokes if "vagina" was banned. The left clearly haven't thought it through. :poke:
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

Kurieuo wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:50 am Seriously, what would Amy Schumer do for her jokes if "vagina" was banned. The left clearly haven't thought it through. :poke:
Luckily for Amy, Shapiro and the folks at InfoWars were (sit down - this will be a shock) LYING!

Nobody is trying to ban the word "vagina" or even discourage people from using it. According to Healthline:
We’re Not Renaming the Vagina

In the LGBTQIA Safe Sex Guide, we use both front hole and vagina. “Front hole” is one of the numerous, accepted terms for genitalia we use specifically for certain members of the trans community who identify with it. In no instance in this guide are we saying we want to replace the word vagina.
But why are they even including that odd term in a safe sex guide...?
The LGBTQIA Safe Sex Guide was created for a specific audience. Nothing in the article indicates we’re endorsing a change in verbiage. It’s clear in its purpose to present unbiased, expert-backed content toward health seekers in the LGBTQIA community.
Ooooh. So this safe sex guide was meant specifically for the LGBTQIA community and has nothing to do with me or, presumably, you.

Turns out Shapiro and InfoWars took a something that was created for a specific community, using terms that are already in use within that community, and misrepresented it as an attempt by "the left" to force us all to stop saying "vagina." And, predictably, some folks accepted that narrative without a hint of skepticism and now look kind of silly and gullible.

Here's a hint from Critical Thinking 101:

If something seems too outlandish and ridiculous to be true it's probably false, or at least not being reported entirely accurately, so it makes sense to take 5 minutes and fact check the claim.
claysmithr
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by claysmithr »

I hate to see people become polarized left or right, because the second you do, you become CONTROLLABLE! You become incredibly easy to manipulate by the media machine.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

edwardmurphy wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:19 am
Kurieuo wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:50 am Seriously, what would Amy Schumer do for her jokes if "vagina" was banned. The left clearly haven't thought it through. :poke:
Luckily for Amy, Shapiro and the folks at InfoWars were (sit down - this will be a shock) LYING!

Nobody is trying to ban the word "vagina" or even discourage people from using it. According to Healthline:
We’re Not Renaming the Vagina

In the LGBTQIA Safe Sex Guide, we use both front hole and vagina. “Front hole” is one of the numerous, accepted terms for genitalia we use specifically for certain members of the trans community who identify with it. In no instance in this guide are we saying we want to replace the word vagina.
But why are they even including that odd term in a safe sex guide...?
The LGBTQIA Safe Sex Guide was created for a specific audience. Nothing in the article indicates we’re endorsing a change in verbiage. It’s clear in its purpose to present unbiased, expert-backed content toward health seekers in the LGBTQIA community.
Ooooh. So this safe sex guide was meant specifically for the LGBTQIA community and has nothing to do with me or, presumably, you.

Turns out Shapiro and InfoWars took a something that was created for a specific community, using terms that are already in use within that community, and misrepresented it as an attempt by "the left" to force us all to stop saying "vagina." And, predictably, some folks accepted that narrative without a hint of skepticism and now look kind of silly and gullible.

Here's a hint from Critical Thinking 101:

If something seems too outlandish and ridiculous to be true it's probably false, or at least not being reported entirely accurately, so it makes sense to take 5 minutes and fact check the claim.
Ed,

Looking at this thread, and the other thread with the Ben Shapiro video, where did Ben say that they're trying to force us to stop using the term vagina?

I watched the video again, but missed it.

Maybe provide a time stamp on the video?
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

RickD wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:51 am
Ed,

Looking at this thread, and the other thread with the Ben Shapiro video, where did Ben say that they're trying to force us to stop using the term vagina?

My bad there.

I got the vagina info from the comments below the story and mistakenly thought that they were in the video, which I skimmed but didn't watch closely. Seems that claim actually came from somewhere else. Maybe K can point you to the origin, but it's not linked in the post. I'm not sure where the specific comments that Shapiro was referring to are located, so I can't say one way or the other if he's mischaracterizing them. If I was going to bet on it I'd put my money on that being the case - Shapiro is all about mischaracterizing the statements and beliefs of those he disagrees with - but I can't say for sure.

Anyway, mea culpa.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

edwardmurphy wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:41 am
RickD wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:51 am
Ed,

My bad there.

I got the vagina info from the comments below the story and mistakenly thought that they were in the video, which I skimmed but didn't watch closely. Seems that claim actually came from somewhere else. Maybe K can point you to the origin, but it's not linked in the post. I'm not sure where the specific comments that Shapiro was referring to are located, so I can't say one way or the other if he's mischaracterizing them. If I was going to bet on it I'd put my money on that being the case - Shapiro is all about mischaracterizing the statements and beliefs of those he disagrees with - but I can't say for sure.

Anyway, mea culpa.
Do you have any specific instances where Shapiro has mischaracterized someone's statements or beliefs? I ask because I've seen a lot of his videos, and I think he does a really good job in most instances. I did find one video he did about Tommy Robinson, in which Ben did mischaracterize Robinson. From the video, I think Shapiro just didn't know the story, and he made errors based on his own ignorance.

-Edward R Murrow