Sinclair News Script

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Post Reply
claysmithr
Established Member
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:07 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 14 times
Contact:

Sinclair News Script

#1

Post by claysmithr » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:40 am


User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 20400
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 185 times
Been liked: 1012 times

Re: Sinclair News Script

#2

Post by RickD » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:19 pm

Ahhhhh!

All the voices in my head!


Make it stop!!!!!!
These users liked this post by RickD:
claysmithr (Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:46 pm)
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
edwardmurphy
Prestigious Senior Member
Posts: 1782
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:45 am
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 105 times

Re: Sinclair News Script

#3

Post by edwardmurphy » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:21 pm

This is a great example of what happens when too many stations are under the control of one company. The script in that video seems innocuous, but are there any other required segments?

Why yes, there certainly are.

By now I figure I've spent enough time reading articles from the Daily Caller and Breitbart and watching clips of Ben Shapiro misrepresenting the facts to justify posting a video of my own. Here's John Oliver doing a thoroughly researched piece about Sinclair News and the many ways they sneakily inject right-wing punditry (See how I held off saying propaganda?) into local news casts.

Enjoy.

BTW, this is the kind of stuff I worry about, while some of you are busy fretting over the possibility that the word "vagina" might be banned.
If you're accustomed to privilege equality may feel like oppression.

User avatar
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Posts: 9784
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:25 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist
Location: Qld, Australia
Has liked: 612 times
Been liked: 626 times

Re: Sinclair News Script

#4

Post by Kurieuo » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:50 am

Seriously, what would Amy Schumer do for her jokes if "vagina" was banned. The left clearly haven't thought it through. :poke:
These users liked this post by Kurieuo (total 2):
claysmithr (Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:16 am) • edwardmurphy (Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:37 am)
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)

___________________

Image

User avatar
edwardmurphy
Prestigious Senior Member
Posts: 1782
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:45 am
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 105 times

Re: Sinclair News Script

#5

Post by edwardmurphy » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:19 am

Kurieuo wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:50 am
Seriously, what would Amy Schumer do for her jokes if "vagina" was banned. The left clearly haven't thought it through. :poke:
Luckily for Amy, Shapiro and the folks at InfoWars were (sit down - this will be a shock) LYING!

Nobody is trying to ban the word "vagina" or even discourage people from using it. According to Healthline:
We’re Not Renaming the Vagina

In the LGBTQIA Safe Sex Guide, we use both front hole and vagina. “Front hole” is one of the numerous, accepted terms for genitalia we use specifically for certain members of the trans community who identify with it. In no instance in this guide are we saying we want to replace the word vagina.
But why are they even including that odd term in a safe sex guide...?
The LGBTQIA Safe Sex Guide was created for a specific audience. Nothing in the article indicates we’re endorsing a change in verbiage. It’s clear in its purpose to present unbiased, expert-backed content toward health seekers in the LGBTQIA community.
Ooooh. So this safe sex guide was meant specifically for the LGBTQIA community and has nothing to do with me or, presumably, you.

Turns out Shapiro and InfoWars took a something that was created for a specific community, using terms that are already in use within that community, and misrepresented it as an attempt by "the left" to force us all to stop saying "vagina." And, predictably, some folks accepted that narrative without a hint of skepticism and now look kind of silly and gullible.

Here's a hint from Critical Thinking 101:

If something seems too outlandish and ridiculous to be true it's probably false, or at least not being reported entirely accurately, so it makes sense to take 5 minutes and fact check the claim.
If you're accustomed to privilege equality may feel like oppression.

claysmithr
Established Member
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:07 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 14 times
Contact:

Re: Sinclair News Script

#6

Post by claysmithr » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:26 am

I hate to see people become polarized left or right, because the second you do, you become CONTROLLABLE! You become incredibly easy to manipulate by the media machine.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 20400
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 185 times
Been liked: 1012 times

Re: Sinclair News Script

#7

Post by RickD » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:51 am

edwardmurphy wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:19 am
Kurieuo wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:50 am
Seriously, what would Amy Schumer do for her jokes if "vagina" was banned. The left clearly haven't thought it through. :poke:
Luckily for Amy, Shapiro and the folks at InfoWars were (sit down - this will be a shock) LYING!

Nobody is trying to ban the word "vagina" or even discourage people from using it. According to Healthline:
We’re Not Renaming the Vagina

In the LGBTQIA Safe Sex Guide, we use both front hole and vagina. “Front hole” is one of the numerous, accepted terms for genitalia we use specifically for certain members of the trans community who identify with it. In no instance in this guide are we saying we want to replace the word vagina.
But why are they even including that odd term in a safe sex guide...?
The LGBTQIA Safe Sex Guide was created for a specific audience. Nothing in the article indicates we’re endorsing a change in verbiage. It’s clear in its purpose to present unbiased, expert-backed content toward health seekers in the LGBTQIA community.
Ooooh. So this safe sex guide was meant specifically for the LGBTQIA community and has nothing to do with me or, presumably, you.

Turns out Shapiro and InfoWars took a something that was created for a specific community, using terms that are already in use within that community, and misrepresented it as an attempt by "the left" to force us all to stop saying "vagina." And, predictably, some folks accepted that narrative without a hint of skepticism and now look kind of silly and gullible.

Here's a hint from Critical Thinking 101:

If something seems too outlandish and ridiculous to be true it's probably false, or at least not being reported entirely accurately, so it makes sense to take 5 minutes and fact check the claim.
Ed,

Looking at this thread, and the other thread with the Ben Shapiro video, where did Ben say that they're trying to force us to stop using the term vagina?

I watched the video again, but missed it.

Maybe provide a time stamp on the video?
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
edwardmurphy
Prestigious Senior Member
Posts: 1782
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:45 am
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 105 times

Re: Sinclair News Script

#8

Post by edwardmurphy » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:41 am

RickD wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:51 am

Ed,

Looking at this thread, and the other thread with the Ben Shapiro video, where did Ben say that they're trying to force us to stop using the term vagina?

I watched the video again, but missed it.

Maybe provide a time stamp on the video?
My bad there.

I got the vagina info from the comments below the story and mistakenly thought that they were in the video, which I skimmed but didn't watch closely. Seems that claim actually came from somewhere else. Maybe K can point you to the origin, but it's not linked in the post. I'm not sure where the specific comments that Shapiro was referring to are located, so I can't say one way or the other if he's mischaracterizing them. If I was going to bet on it I'd put my money on that being the case - Shapiro is all about mischaracterizing the statements and beliefs of those he disagrees with - but I can't say for sure.

Anyway, mea culpa.
If you're accustomed to privilege equality may feel like oppression.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 20400
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 185 times
Been liked: 1012 times

Re: Sinclair News Script

#9

Post by RickD » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:57 am

edwardmurphy wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:41 am
RickD wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:51 am

Ed,

Looking at this thread, and the other thread with the Ben Shapiro video, where did Ben say that they're trying to force us to stop using the term vagina?

I watched the video again, but missed it.

Maybe provide a time stamp on the video?
My bad there.

I got the vagina info from the comments below the story and mistakenly thought that they were in the video, which I skimmed but didn't watch closely. Seems that claim actually came from somewhere else. Maybe K can point you to the origin, but it's not linked in the post. I'm not sure where the specific comments that Shapiro was referring to are located, so I can't say one way or the other if he's mischaracterizing them. If I was going to bet on it I'd put my money on that being the case - Shapiro is all about mischaracterizing the statements and beliefs of those he disagrees with - but I can't say for sure.

Anyway, mea culpa.
Do you have any specific instances where Shapiro has mischaracterized someone's statements or beliefs? I ask because I've seen a lot of his videos, and I think he does a really good job in most instances. I did find one video he did about Tommy Robinson, in which Ben did mischaracterize Robinson. From the video, I think Shapiro just didn't know the story, and he made errors based on his own ignorance.
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

Post Reply