Have we crossed the line yet?

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
User avatar
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1081
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:32 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Have we crossed the line yet?

#151

Post by Stu » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:39 am

edwardmurphy wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:05 am
Stu wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:51 am
Some on the left truly have lost it...

VERIFIED LEFTIST CALLS FOR MAGA KIDS TO BE ‘FIRED ON’, SCHOOL BURNED DOWN
“I want you to fire on any of these red hat bitches when you see them. On sight.”
Verified leftist? How can you possibly take these [love] morons seriously???

Anyway, today it's musicians making threats. Easy enough. Here's Ted Nugent calling President Obama a piece of [poop] and saying that Obama should suck on his machine gun. Oh, and he's waving a rifle around while he says it. In front of a cheering crowd. Ted's still a FOX News contributor, by the way.

https://youtu.be/vy8RIiTyhMI

I'm surprised that you didn't post this as an example of dangerous extremism. It's almost as if you're a complete hypocrite.
Did you watch the whole video?

At the end he screams, "Freedommmmmm!!!" And that's freedom for everybody no doubt, even Obama and Hillary.

"Suck/ride on this" is not a call to harm anyone (but I personally wouldn't have done it), but rather to 'shove it', and he let the point of his rant be known by shouting "freedom" at the end. He was telling those politicians that his rights (in this case to bear arms) are NOT to be touched and to leave them the heck alone.

That's not what the leftists in the link I posted were doing!! They were calling for harm to come to those kids. Actual death through bullets, fire and to be woodchippered. There was no endgame (freedom) for them just pure hate.

This is a constant thing by the left, they totally lose their minds over something as little as people wearing MAGA hats and standing up for their rights. I will say that the leftist media is to blame as well for this, they completely lied about the situation and what happen between the native-American fellow and the white Catholic kids. But the reaction they got from the left was so over the top it's hard to understand.

You can post as many links as you like here as well, the right didn't flip out like the left has.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.

Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 767
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 5:00 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Ohio
Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 58 times

Re: Have we crossed the line yet?

#152

Post by Hortator » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:35 pm

Why even have a discussion if somebody will just reach into thin air and pull out a whataboutism? This is why I blocked Ed, and hardly come here anymore, and I doubt it's just me when I look around at all the tumbleweeds here.

There's no discussion here anymore. Especially when you can expect, like the sun rising, you will hear: "Oh, well look what irrelevant thing nobody cares about I just dug up!"

Just rename this section "Debate a constantly enraged contrarian on everything".

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21080
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 1048 times

Re: Have we crossed the line yet?

#153

Post by RickD » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:57 pm

Hortator wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:35 pm
Why even have a discussion if somebody will just reach into thin air and pull out a whataboutism? This is why I blocked Ed, and hardly come here anymore, and I doubt it's just me when I look around at all the tumbleweeds here.

There's no discussion here anymore. Especially when you can expect, like the sun rising, you will hear: "Oh, well look what irrelevant thing nobody cares about I just dug up!"

Just rename this section "Debate a constantly enraged contrarian on everything".
The hypocrisy that Ed rightly points out, is that Stu calls out those who are "leftists", but when Ted Nugent, who is on the "right", says vile things about Obama, and others, Stu finds a way to justify what Nugent says.

Wrong is wrong. It doesn't matter from which side of the political spectrum it eminates.
These users liked this post by RickD (total 2):
edwardmurphy (Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:39 pm) • PaulSacramento (Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:58 am)
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2017
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:45 am
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation
Has liked: 153 times
Been liked: 117 times

Re: Have we crossed the line yet?

#154

Post by edwardmurphy » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:30 pm

Hortator wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:35 pm
Why even have a discussion if somebody will just reach into thin air and pull out a whataboutism? This is why I blocked Ed, and hardly come here anymore, and I doubt it's just me when I look around at all the tumbleweeds here.

There's no discussion here anymore. Especially when you can expect, like the sun rising, you will hear: "Oh, well look what irrelevant thing nobody cares about I just dug up!"

Just rename this section "Debate a constantly enraged contrarian on everything".
Hortense! Wow, it's been a while. Welcome back and thanks for unblocking me, apparently. I didn't know that you'd done that. Oh well, water under the bridge...

Here's the thing -

This thread exists so that Stu can point out examples of left-leaning individuals behaving badly and use those examples to tar everyone who favors liberal policies. That's apparently how Stu views the world. Liberals are all scumbags, and that "confirmed leftist's" Twitter feed proves it.

I'm not posting whataboutisms. My point with the Nugent clip, as with all of the other clips I posted in response, is that it's really, really easy to find examples of members of some group or other behaving abhorrently. If you take that metric and apply it objectively it'll take you about 15 minutes to determine that every group - veterans, children, cat enthusiasts, humans - is composed entirely of nasty, scumbag bastards.

The only way to make that methodology work for you is to apply it selectively, calling out people who are different from you and making excuses for your tribe. That's the approach that Stu has been taking, and that's what I've been calling him on. If he wants to stop beating that dead horse and have a conversation then I'm happy to engage, but so far he doesn't seem interested.

As far as debating an enraged contrarian, I'm not sure where you're getting that. I'm not enraged. At most I'm mildly irritated. And I'm not a contrarian. If I come across that way it's because I see many things very differently than you do. Am I supposed to pretend that I agree with everything that you say so as not to seem argumentative? If that's what you want then talk to your mirror. I'm here to challenge your assumptions, and to have mine challenged as well.

Maybe sometime, rather than getting pissed about my opinions being different from yours, you could ask me why I feel that way. It's not because I get off on disagreeing with some random guy on the Internet. I actually put thought into my views. I imagine that you put thought into yours as well, but I don't recall ever hearing you explain your rationale. Perhaps you should.
If you're accustomed to privilege equality may feel like oppression.

Before you ask why ask if.

The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the convinced Communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction and the distinction between true and false no longer exist.

User avatar
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1081
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:32 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Have we crossed the line yet?

#155

Post by Stu » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:15 am

edwardmurphy wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:30 pm
Hortator wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:35 pm
Why even have a discussion if somebody will just reach into thin air and pull out a whataboutism? This is why I blocked Ed, and hardly come here anymore, and I doubt it's just me when I look around at all the tumbleweeds here.

There's no discussion here anymore. Especially when you can expect, like the sun rising, you will hear: "Oh, well look what irrelevant thing nobody cares about I just dug up!"

Just rename this section "Debate a constantly enraged contrarian on everything".
Hortense! Wow, it's been a while. Welcome back and thanks for unblocking me, apparently. I didn't know that you'd done that. Oh well, water under the bridge...

Here's the thing -

This thread exists so that Stu can point out examples of left-leaning individuals behaving badly and use those examples to tar everyone who favors liberal policies. That's apparently how Stu views the world. Liberals are all scumbags, and that "confirmed leftist's" Twitter feed proves it.

I'm not posting whataboutisms. My point with the Nugent clip, as with all of the other clips I posted in response, is that it's really, really easy to find examples of members of some group or other behaving abhorrently. If you take that metric and apply it objectively it'll take you about 15 minutes to determine that every group - veterans, children, cat enthusiasts, humans - is composed entirely of nasty, scumbag bastards.

The only way to make that methodology work for you is to apply it selectively, calling out people who are different from you and making excuses for your tribe. That's the approach that Stu has been taking, and that's what I've been calling him on. If he wants to stop beating that dead horse and have a conversation then I'm happy to engage, but so far he doesn't seem interested.

As far as debating an enraged contrarian, I'm not sure where you're getting that. I'm not enraged. At most I'm mildly irritated. And I'm not a contrarian. If I come across that way it's because I see many things very differently than you do. Am I supposed to pretend that I agree with everything that you say so as not to seem argumentative? If that's what you want then talk to your mirror. I'm here to challenge your assumptions, and to have mine challenged as well.

Maybe sometime, rather than getting pissed about my opinions being different from yours, you could ask me why I feel that way. It's not because I get off on disagreeing with some random guy on the Internet. I actually put thought into my views. I imagine that you put thought into yours as well, but I don't recall ever hearing you explain your rationale. Perhaps you should.
I didn't start this thread so unless you are suggesting that BW started it just for me than you are talking crap. Anyone can post in this thread.

And I never said all liberals, come now :roll: rather a healthy growing number.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.

User avatar
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1081
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:32 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Have we crossed the line yet?

#156

Post by Stu » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:39 pm

Things are heating up. TDS is alive and well.

DERANGED LEFTIST PULLS GUN ON TRUMP SUPPORTER FOR WEARING MAGA HAT

A deranged leftist pulled a gun on a Trump supporter and told him “it’s a good day for you to die” simply because the man was wearing a MAGA hat.

The incident occurred at a Sam’s Club in Bowling Green, Kentucky on Saturday.

Alleged victim Terry Pierce told police that the suspect, James Phillips, flipped off him and his wife because of their hats before brandishing a .40 caliber, shoving it in Pierce’s face and telling him, “It’s a good day for you to die.”

More

And this is just beyond crazy:
WATCH: UCLA STUDENTS SUPPORT CONCENTRATION CAMPS FOR TRUMP SUPPORTERS

Leftists want to employ actual fascism against conservatives

Kaitlin Bennett went undercover at UCLA as Jenna Talia to ask students to sign a petition to throw conservatives into involuntary re-education camps.

Not only were the students she approached ecstatic to sign it, but one member of UCLA’s student government encouraged her to change the language to “diversity” and “sensitivity training” to hide their real intentions so the administration would approve it.

More
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21080
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 1048 times

Re: Have we crossed the line yet?

#157

Post by RickD » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:23 am

Stu,

How's life in South Africa?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1081
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:32 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Have we crossed the line yet?

#158

Post by Stu » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:37 am

RickD wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:23 am
Stu,

How's life in South Africa?
Not bad I guess. I used to be very much an optimist when it came to SA but that has changed quite a bit. This country is on a downward path.

Our electricity supplier is in pretty bad shape and we have blackouts every now and then. Corruption is rife and we have several commissions on at the moment dealing with that issue. Eye opening stuff.

I had high hopes for our new president but I'm on the fence at the moment.

The biggest issue is land grabs. The government has decided to implement land expropriation WITHOUT compensation. Before they used to pay for the land, now they plan on just taking it, otherwise known as stealing.

But I was born here and don't plan on leaving even though I have family in Holland and Britain and could potentially move there.

Reason I'm so interested in the USA is because I believe it will play a big part in the end times, and that she is Mystery Babylon.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21080
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 1048 times

Re: Have we crossed the line yet?

#159

Post by RickD » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:58 am

Stu wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:37 am
RickD wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:23 am
Stu,

How's life in South Africa?
Not bad I guess. I used to be very much an optimist when it came to SA but that has changed quite a bit. This country is on a downward path.

Our electricity supplier is in pretty bad shape and we have blackouts every now and then. Corruption is rife and we have several commissions on at the moment dealing with that issue. Eye opening stuff.

I had high hopes for our new president but I'm on the fence at the moment.

The biggest issue is land grabs. The government has decided to implement land expropriation WITHOUT compensation. Before they used to pay for the land, now they plan on just taking it, otherwise known as stealing.

But I was born here and don't plan on leaving even though I have family in Holland and Britain and could potentially move there.

Reason I'm so interested in the USA is because I believe it will play a big part in the end times, and that she is Mystery Babylon.
I heard about the whole land grab thing over there. It looks like your govt has taken reparations to a whole new level.

Do you think that if I put on blackface and moved to South Africa, I could get some free land?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1081
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:32 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Have we crossed the line yet?

#160

Post by Stu » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:05 am

RickD wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:58 am
Stu wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:37 am
RickD wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:23 am
Stu,

How's life in South Africa?
Not bad I guess. I used to be very much an optimist when it came to SA but that has changed quite a bit. This country is on a downward path.

Our electricity supplier is in pretty bad shape and we have blackouts every now and then. Corruption is rife and we have several commissions on at the moment dealing with that issue. Eye opening stuff.

I had high hopes for our new president but I'm on the fence at the moment.

The biggest issue is land grabs. The government has decided to implement land expropriation WITHOUT compensation. Before they used to pay for the land, now they plan on just taking it, otherwise known as stealing.

But I was born here and don't plan on leaving even though I have family in Holland and Britain and could potentially move there.

Reason I'm so interested in the USA is because I believe it will play a big part in the end times, and that she is Mystery Babylon.
I heard about the whole land grab thing over there. It looks like your govt has taken reparations to a whole new level.

Do you think that if I put on blackface and moved to South Africa, I could get some free land?
Hah! It just might work! Black good, white bad these days it seems.

Reminds me of this scene :D


Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21080
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 1048 times

Re: Have we crossed the line yet?

#161

Post by RickD » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:42 am

:pound:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1081
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:32 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Have we crossed the line yet?

#162

Post by Stu » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:47 am

We don't talk like that by the way. That accent was when Afrikaners spoke English back in the day. There is a variety of accents these days and I suppose that remains one of them.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.

User avatar
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1081
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:32 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Have we crossed the line yet?

#163

Post by Stu » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:03 am

This article says the 2nd of April but this has got to be an April fools joke....

Left-wing cities going LAWLESS as Boston orders police to stop arresting criminals for breaking and entering, destruction of property or shoplifting

Leftist policies are reaching new levels of insanity in Massachusetts, as Suffolk County DA Rachael Rollins pushes her highly contested “no-prosecute” list into action. The “list” gives a green light to a number of arrest-worthy offenses — including trespassing, shoplifting, disorderly conduct, and “wanton or malicious destruction of property.” In other words, local law enforcement is being directed by the district attorney to stand idly by while miscreants steal and destroy property. The directive from Rollins also orders police to refuse to cooperate with ICE in the arresting of illegal immigrants at the courthouse — no matter the severity of their crimes. What could go wrong?

It is no surprise this new “policy,” also known as the “Rollins Memo” has been met with substantial scrutiny. While Rollins may say her memo is about creating an “equal” justice system, the victims of these now-permissible crimes aren’t likely to feel they are being treated equally. But of course, that’s really the goal here, isn’t it? No one cares about the shopkeepers and homeowners that are victimized. Under far-left dogma, criminals are the true victims, we’re just too “hateful” to see it. This is doublethink at its finest.

As Gateway Pundit contends, the Rollins Memo serves to hamper law enforcement and aid criminals. In addition to issuing the controversial “no-prosecute” list, the memo orders local law enforcement to refuse working with ICE on the arrest of illegal immigrants — and it also compels judges to issue lighter sentences for illegal aliens so they don’t get deported.

More
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.

User avatar
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2017
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:45 am
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation
Has liked: 153 times
Been liked: 117 times

Re: Have we crossed the line yet?

#164

Post by edwardmurphy » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:30 am

Stu wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:03 am
This article says the 2nd of April but this has got to be an April fools joke....
Golly, Stu, that sounds serious! I sure hope it's not true! Say, maybe you should do 5 minutes of research and find out!

Here, I'll get you started.

Compare this:
Left-wing cities going LAWLESS as Boston orders police to stop arresting criminals for breaking and entering, destruction of property or shoplifting

Leftist policies are reaching new levels of insanity in Massachusetts, as Suffolk County DA Rachael Rollins pushes her highly contested “no-prosecute” list into action. The “list” gives a green light to a number of arrest-worthy offenses — including trespassing, shoplifting, disorderly conduct, and “wanton or malicious destruction of property.” In other words, local law enforcement is being directed by the district attorney to stand idly by while miscreants steal and destroy property.
With this:
CHARGES TO BE DECLINED
Charges for which the Default is to Decline Prosecuting (unless supervisor permission is obtained).

Trespassing
Shoplifting (including offenses that are essentially shoplifting but charged as larceny)
Larceny under $250
Disorderly conduct
Disturbing the peace
Receiving stolen property
Minor driving offenses, including operating with a suspended or revoked license
Breaking and entering — where it is into a vacant property or where it is for the purpose of sleeping or seeking refuge from the cold and there is no actual damage to property
Wanton or malicious destruction of property
Threats – excluding domestic violence
Minor in possession of alcohol
Drug possession
Drug possession with intent to distribute
A stand alone resisting arrest charge, i.e. cases where a person is charged with resisting arrest and that is the only charge
A resisting arrest charge combined with only charges that all fall under the list of charges to decline to prosecute, e.g. resisting arrest charge combined only with a trespassing charge

Instead of prosecuting, these cases should be (1) outright dismissed prior to arraignment or (2) where appropriate, diverted and treated as a civil infraction for which community service is satisfactory, restitution is satisfactory or engagement with appropriate community-based no-cost programming, job training or schooling is satisfactory. In the exceptional circumstances where prosecution of one of these charges is warranted, the line DA must first seek permission from his or her supervisor. If necessary, arraignment will be continued to allow for consultation with supervisor. Thus, there will be an avenue for prosecuting these misdemeanors when necessary but it will be appropriately overseen by experienced prosecutors.
Did you notice how your source said that police would just stand around and watch while miscreants went on a crime wave? Yet the actual policy (which didn't even mention the police) said that prosecutors would be given the latitude to either 1) dismiss the case before arraignment, 2) treat it as a civil infraction and resolve it thusly, or 3) prosecute the perpetrator.

Huh.

Vickie Batts at NaturalNews.com isn't describing the policy honestly. In fact, she's straight up lying to you. What are you going to do about that, Stu? How will you respond to the objective fact that Vickie Batts isn't telling you the truth, and to the implication that she has no respect for you and just assumes that you'll uncritically swallow whatever [nonsense] she feeds you? Are you gonna take that lying down?

Personally, I think you should spend 5 minutes looking for more information about the policy. You'll almost definitely still disagree, and frankly I'm on the fence about some of it, but at least your understanding of the matter will be deeper than "OMG dum libtards is dum!"
If you're accustomed to privilege equality may feel like oppression.

Before you ask why ask if.

The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the convinced Communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction and the distinction between true and false no longer exist.

User avatar
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1081
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:32 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Have we crossed the line yet?

#165

Post by Stu » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:10 am

edwardmurphy wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:30 am
Stu wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:03 am
This article says the 2nd of April but this has got to be an April fools joke....
Golly, Stu, that sounds serious! I sure hope it's not true! Say, maybe you should do 5 minutes of research and find out!

Here, I'll get you started.

Compare this:
Left-wing cities going LAWLESS as Boston orders police to stop arresting criminals for breaking and entering, destruction of property or shoplifting

Leftist policies are reaching new levels of insanity in Massachusetts, as Suffolk County DA Rachael Rollins pushes her highly contested “no-prosecute” list into action. The “list” gives a green light to a number of arrest-worthy offenses — including trespassing, shoplifting, disorderly conduct, and “wanton or malicious destruction of property.” In other words, local law enforcement is being directed by the district attorney to stand idly by while miscreants steal and destroy property.
With this:
CHARGES TO BE DECLINED
Charges for which the Default is to Decline Prosecuting (unless supervisor permission is obtained).

Trespassing
Shoplifting (including offenses that are essentially shoplifting but charged as larceny)
Larceny under $250
Disorderly conduct
Disturbing the peace
Receiving stolen property
Minor driving offenses, including operating with a suspended or revoked license
Breaking and entering — where it is into a vacant property or where it is for the purpose of sleeping or seeking refuge from the cold and there is no actual damage to property
Wanton or malicious destruction of property
Threats – excluding domestic violence
Minor in possession of alcohol
Drug possession
Drug possession with intent to distribute
A stand alone resisting arrest charge, i.e. cases where a person is charged with resisting arrest and that is the only charge
A resisting arrest charge combined with only charges that all fall under the list of charges to decline to prosecute, e.g. resisting arrest charge combined only with a trespassing charge

Instead of prosecuting, these cases should be (1) outright dismissed prior to arraignment or (2) where appropriate, diverted and treated as a civil infraction for which community service is satisfactory, restitution is satisfactory or engagement with appropriate community-based no-cost programming, job training or schooling is satisfactory. In the exceptional circumstances where prosecution of one of these charges is warranted, the line DA must first seek permission from his or her supervisor. If necessary, arraignment will be continued to allow for consultation with supervisor. Thus, there will be an avenue for prosecuting these misdemeanors when necessary but it will be appropriately overseen by experienced prosecutors.
Did you notice how your source said that police would just stand around and watch while miscreants went on a crime wave? Yet the actual policy (which didn't even mention the police) said that prosecutors would be given the latitude to either 1) dismiss the case before arraignment, 2) treat it as a civil infraction and resolve it thusly, or 3) prosecute the perpetrator.

Huh.

Vickie Batts at NaturalNews.com isn't describing the policy honestly. In fact, she's straight up lying to you. What are you going to do about that, Stu? How will you respond to the objective fact that Vickie Batts isn't telling you the truth, and to the implication that she has no respect for you and just assumes that you'll uncritically swallow whatever [nonsense] she feeds you? Are you gonna take that lying down?

Personally, I think you should spend 5 minutes looking for more information about the policy. You'll almost definitely still disagree, and frankly I'm on the fence about some of it, but at least your understanding of the matter will be deeper than "OMG dum libtards is dum!"
If many such cases start happening and people aren't prosecuted for such crimes then police will no doubt in the future just stand around and do nothing. Why bother if it is just going to get thrown out anyway.

It's a terrible policy and will lead to chaos and societal breakdown in whatever area it is implemented. But fabulous spin by the way, you always do a great job of that.


Image
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.

Post Reply