Have we crossed the line yet?

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Have we crossed the line yet?

Post by Philip »

Does it really matter if violent people are left or right wing? Because their actions, tactics, mentality, and hatred of others is virtually identical.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

Philip wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:02 am Does it really matter if violent people are left or right wing? Because their actions, tactics, mentality, and hatred of others is virtually identical.
That would be my thought. Extremism is a threat to a free society, regardless of where it comes from. Anybody out there disagree?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

edwardmurphy wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:11 am
Philip wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:02 am Does it really matter if violent people are left or right wing? Because their actions, tactics, mentality, and hatred of others is virtually identical.
That would be my thought. Extremism is a threat to a free society, regardless of where it comes from. Anybody out there disagree?
It would depend on the definition of "extremism".

I would say that allowing extremists to have their extreme views, however one defines "extreme", is evidence of a free society functioning properly.

On the other hand, violent extremism is bad, period.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

The Amish are extreme but I don't think anyone is worried about them.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

I don't really think of people as being extremists until they start violently pushing their beliefs onto their neighbors. ISIS and the KKK (at least before they had their fangs pulled) are extremists in that their views are extreme and they're willing to harm people who disagree with them. I don't see the Amish as extremists. Their views are strongly held, but they're not going to load their buggies up with muskets and go murder their neighbors for using power tools.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Clearly Ed has not been cut in front of by a buggy driving maniac dropping horse crap all over a Pennsylvania road! :P
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

edwardmurphy wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:54 pm I don't really think of people as being extremists until they start violently pushing their beliefs onto their neighbors. ISIS and the KKK (at least before they had their fangs pulled) are extremists in that their views are extreme and they're willing to harm people who disagree with them. I don't see the Amish as extremists. Their views are strongly held, but they're not going to load their buggies up with muskets and go murder their neighbors for using power tools.
Or the group identity politics-totting, marxist-loving. sanders-following extreme leftists who haven't been defanged, just yet.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

Byblos wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:24 amOr the group identity politics-totting, marxist-loving. sanders-following extreme leftists who haven't been defanged, just yet.
Bybs, the people that you're describing are called "hippies." They were born without fangs.

Also, a few points:

1) American politics is now identity politics. Trump ran on White fear and resentment. He's the poster boy for identity politics. FOX News is the identity politics network. Whenever someone starts a political statement with "As a Christian I believe..." what follows is guaranteed to be pure identity politics. That's just where we are right now. Everybody's doing it. Pretending that it's confined to American liberals is asinine and demonstrably false.

2) There are very few Marxist-loving Americans out there, and there are none in mainstream politics. American liberals are free market capitalists who believe that, although free market capitalism is the best economic system going, regulation is still necessary. That argument is supported by American history. Calling mainstream liberals Marxists is asinine and demonstrably false.

3) Sanders is pretty far left for an American politician, but calling him an extremist is silly. The people on the extreme left of the American political spectrum are communists. They want to socialize industry and distribute wealth based on the government's assessment of individual merit and need. The average American liberal is as opposed to communism as you are.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

edwardmurphy wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:35 pm
Stu wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:46 amWrong, Obama separated children from parents. That is fact. And plenty of them.

So you claim, unapologetically, even though the evidence says the opposite. Way to be shamelessly deceitful.
Stu wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:46 amNo howling, screaming and faux outrage from the left at the time about keeping the children in cages.
And now you're moving the goalposts. The issue isn't that the holding cells are made of chain link, although I do feel like the richest country on Earth could probably do better.

The issue is that the Trump Administration introduced a policy of deliberately separating kids from their parents, then blamed it on the Democrats, then said it was Obama's fault, and is now trying to spin it as the left wanting open borders. They did something evil, got called out on it, and then blamed everyone else for their actions. Their behavior has been disgusting, as is your decision to play apologist for them (and dishonestly, to boot).
Stu wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:46 amThe left has completely lost it. They are harassing people in restaurants now and even outside their homes.
A handful of people are doing that, not "the left."
Stu wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:46 amThreatening their children with paedophiles and worse.
One guy did that, and he got blasted from every direction.
Stu wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:46 amThe liberal media are using outright lies to sir up their idiot viewers so that they are frothing at the mouths about Trump.
So far you've spent this entire thread outright lying, so it's pretty rich that you're accusing others. Also, citation, please.
Stu wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:46 amEven politicians are now calling for the harassment of Trump supporters and employees where they go.
One politician. And a lot of other liberal politicians told her to shut up and cut it out. I hope she shuts the hell up, but frankly she's kind of a dunce so she'll probably double down. Unfortunately I can't stop her.
Stu wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:46 amThis is madness.
Nope, it's politically motivated fake outrage.
Stu wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:46 amDo you think that the US should just let all immigrants into the country without question?
Do you think ICE has a job to perform?
Should illegal immigrants be afforded the right to vote?
Should immigrants receive free healthcare and education?
Should there be a border at all?
I think that those are all really, really stupid questions. If you were listening to what actual members of "the left" had to say you'd know the answers already. Unfortunately you support a cynical ******* who's deliberately separating kids from their parents in order to 1) blackmail the Democrats into funding his idiot wall, 2) scare illegal immigrants and refugees seeking asylum away, and 3) troll liberals until we react so that he can say we want open borders.

The answers to your questions, by the way, 1) are nobody thinks that, 2) yes, 3) nobody says they should, 4) that's a complex question and you don't really want an answer so I'm not going to get into it, and 5) of course there should and nobody is saying otherwise. So basically the opposite of what conservative pundits claim liberals believe.
Garbage in, garbage out.
The reason the American people did not fall for the emotional arguments from the left and biased MSM about this child seperation is because we don't care,when somebody breaks the law and goes to jail or prison they are seperated from their parents.They deserve it.It happens everyday all accross America when a US citezen breaks the law and is put in jail or prison and is seperated from their family when they break the law. The Democrats you defend so much claiming they don't want open borders when they do,put illegal immigrants over the American people,unlike Donald Trump who fights every day to put America and the American people first and he is called a racist by the left for doing it.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

abelcainsbrother wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:34 pmThe reason the American people did not fall for the emotional arguments from the left and biased MSM about this child seperation is because we don't care,when somebody breaks the law and goes to jail or prison they are seperated from their parents.They deserve it.It happens everyday all accross America when a US citezen breaks the law and is put in jail or prison and is seperated from their family when they break the law.
I believe that you don't care, although your assertion that "the American people" didn't care is inaccurate. Your views don't really align with mainstream American opinions. You're kind of in a universe all your own. Also, crossing the border illegally is a misdemeanor. People are not typically sent to jail and separated from their kids for committing a misdemeanor, particularly without a trial and a conviction.

That said, it's refreshing to finally hear you come right out and say you don't give a damn about children being forcibly separated from their parents (and in some instances actually misplaced by our government) because said parents committed a misdemeanor and Sideshow Don wanted to make a point. You're an excellent representative of your faith. Kudos.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

edwardmurphy wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:10 pm
abelcainsbrother wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:34 pmThe reason the American people did not fall for the emotional arguments from the left and biased MSM about this child seperation is because we don't care,when somebody breaks the law and goes to jail or prison they are seperated from their parents.They deserve it.It happens everyday all accross America when a US citezen breaks the law and is put in jail or prison and is seperated from their family when they break the law.
I believe that you don't care, although your assertion that "the American people" didn't care is inaccurate. Your views don't really align with mainstream American opinions. You're kind of in a universe all your own. Also, crossing the border illegally is a misdemeanor. People are not typically sent to jail and separated from their kids for committing a misdemeanor, particularly without a trial and a conviction.

That said, it's refreshing to finally hear you come right out and say you don't give a damn about children being forcibly separated from their parents (and in some instances actually misplaced by our government) because said parents committed a misdemeanor and Sideshow Don wanted to make a point. You're an excellent representative of your faith. Kudos.

How come the Democrats are out of power and continue to lose elections then?How much longer can you as a Democrat continue to ignore the writing on the wall from the American people? At some point,you're going to have to face reality that nobody likes the Democrat Party and what it stands for.US citezens are sent to jail and prison all the time and are seperated from their children.These children cry and suffer and it must be explained why mommie or daddy is not coming home. Yet you totally ignore it when it applies to US citezens yet cry when it happens to illegal immigrants.You put illegal immigrants first over the American people,not only that but you have totally abandoned the US Constitution and instead make excuse for a certian race of people to try to make us feel bad for them when you don't care when it happens to US citezens.It is you with the problem,not me. You're in denial of the facts and are led by emotions. We cannot allow certian people to break the law,it is totally unfair to the American people. Are you for anarchy? I proudly stand with President Donald Trump who puts America and the American people first,unlike you and your party.

Breaking The Law. For you.
https://youtu.be/JLHx-l4aC-8
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

abelcainsbrother wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:36 pmHow come the Democrats are out of power and continue to lose elections then?How much longer can you as a Democrat continue to ignore the writing on the wall from the American people? At some point,you're going to have to face reality that nobody likes the Democrat Party and what it stands for.
It's the Democratic Party, and you know it. Stop being a jackass. Also, I'm registered as an undeclared voter. I've never been a Democrat. And now a word about reality...

Democrats have actually been picking up seats in special elections and coming really close in elections that ought to have been blow-outs for the GOP. Polling has consistently shown that they have a pretty good shot of retaking the House and an outside chance to get the Senate. And Hillary Clinton won the popular election by 3 million votes. And Trump's approval ratings have never come close to 50%.For most of his Presidency his average has been less than 40%. You worship Sideshow Don and hate the Democrats, but you aren't a typical American.
abelcainsbrother wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:36 pmUS citezens are sent to jail and prison all the time and are seperated from their children.These children cry and suffer and it must be explained why mommie or daddy is not coming home. Yet you totally ignore it when it applies to US citezens yet cry when it happens to illegal immigrants.You put illegal immigrants first over the American people,not only that but you have totally abandoned the US Constitution and instead make excuse for a certian race of people to try to make us feel bad for them when you don't care when it happens to US citezens.
Abe, when US citizens are sent to prison it's because they were tried by a jury of their peers and convicted of a crime. Crossing the border outside of an official port of entry is a misdemeanor, for which none of the detainees were tried or convicted. No American citizens are sent to prison - without trial - for committing a misdemeanor.

None of your other gibbering merits a response, so I'm not going to bother. And I'm never going to listen to one of your stupid political parody songs.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

edwardmurphy wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:28 am
abelcainsbrother wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:36 pmHow come the Democrats are out of power and continue to lose elections then?How much longer can you as a Democrat continue to ignore the writing on the wall from the American people? At some point,you're going to have to face reality that nobody likes the Democrat Party and what it stands for.
It's the Democratic Party, and you know it. Stop being a jackass. Also, I'm registered as an undeclared voter. I've never been a Democrat. And now a word about reality...

Democrats have actually been picking up seats in special elections and coming really close in elections that ought to have been blow-outs for the GOP. Polling has consistently shown that they have a pretty good shot of retaking the House and an outside chance to get the Senate. And Hillary Clinton won the popular election by 3 million votes. And Trump's approval ratings have never come close to 50%.For most of his Presidency his average has been less than 40%. You worship Sideshow Don and hate the Democrats, but you aren't a typical American.
abelcainsbrother wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:36 pmUS citezens are sent to jail and prison all the time and are seperated from their children.These children cry and suffer and it must be explained why mommie or daddy is not coming home. Yet you totally ignore it when it applies to US citezens yet cry when it happens to illegal immigrants.You put illegal immigrants first over the American people,not only that but you have totally abandoned the US Constitution and instead make excuse for a certian race of people to try to make us feel bad for them when you don't care when it happens to US citezens.
Abe, when US citizens are sent to prison it's because they were tried by a jury of their peers and convicted of a crime. Crossing the border outside of an official port of entry is a misdemeanor, for which none of the detainees were tried or convicted. No American citizens are sent to prison - without trial - for committing a misdemeanor.

None of your other gibbering merits a response, so I'm not going to bother. And I'm never going to listen to one of your stupid political parody songs.

LOL! You still believe the MSM ? Do you forget all of the polling that told us Trump cannot win? Every poltical expert on the MSM were totaly wrong in their political analysis,on both sides and even Fox News had us convincd Hillary was going to win.Only Alex Jones of all political commentators turned out to be right about how they were adding 10-15 points to the polls in order to claim Hillary will win.He explained what the real eternal polls were saying.Not even Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity predicted Trump would win,but Alex Jones did and he was right out of them all. I did not really agree with Alex Jones on everything but he was right on the polling.This is why it was such a shock when Trump won. Go ahead and believe them again and you'll be fooled again.

You bring up Hillary winning the popular vote by 3 million and yet fail to see how it proves they cheated for her and she still lost. No Presidential candidate loses the electoral college by so much and wins the popular vote by so much.We know that certian states broke the law and allowed illegal immigrants to vote. Ya'll could not even win whil cheating.It was just a song about how you like to allow certian people to break the law,which you keep explaining is alright to do because you're for anarchy. Keep on ignoring the facts but you cannot run from the truth forever.
Last edited by abelcainsbrother on Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

abelcainsbrother wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:58 pmLOL! You still believe the MSM ? Do you forget all of the polling that told us Trump cannot win? Every poltical expert on the MSM were totaly wrong in their political analysis,on both sides and even Fox News had us convincd Hillary was going to win.Only Alex Jones of all political commentators turned out to be right about how they were adding 10-15 points to the polls in order to claim Hillary will win.
Jac debunked this nonsense about 18 months ago. You didn't believe him then, and you won't believe me now, so I'm just going to leave it alone. Believe what you want.
abelcainsbrother wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:58 pmIt was just a song about how you like to allow certian people to break the law,whch you keep explaining is alright to do because you're for anarchy. Keep on ignoring the facts but you cannot run from the truth forever.
Abe, if that's what you took from my previous posts then I have to assume that you lack the maturity, intelligence, and background knowledge to meaningfully participate in this conversation. You're not going to grow up, educate yourself, or stop posting, and my patience for your silliness is running out, so I'm going to block you for a while.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

edwardmurphy wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:12 pm
abelcainsbrother wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:58 pmLOL! You still believe the MSM ? Do you forget all of the polling that told us Trump cannot win? Every poltical expert on the MSM were totaly wrong in their political analysis,on both sides and even Fox News had us convincd Hillary was going to win.Only Alex Jones of all political commentators turned out to be right about how they were adding 10-15 points to the polls in order to claim Hillary will win.
Jac debunked this nonsense about 18 months ago. You didn't believe him then, and you won't believe me now, so I'm just going to leave it alone. Believe what you want.
abelcainsbrother wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:58 pmIt was just a song about how you like to allow certian people to break the law,whch you keep explaining is alright to do because you're for anarchy. Keep on ignoring the facts but you cannot run from the truth forever.
Abe, if that's what you took from my previous posts then I have to assume that you lack the maturity, intelligence, and background knowledge to meaningfully participate in this conversation. You're not going to grow up, educate yourself, or stop posting, and my patience for your silliness is running out, so I'm going to block you for a while.
When face with the facts you resort to ad hominem. Then you contradict yourself after making it clear it is alright to allow certian people to break the law.Those emotional arguments not based on logic and reason do not really help you.Because think of the children of US citezens when their parents break the law and are put in jail and prison.These children suffer,it is a very painful ordeal for any child to face when it has to be explained to them why their mommie and daddie is not coming home.It effects them in many different ways growing up without a parent being seperated from them.

ad hominem
https://www.google.com/search?q=ad+homi ... e&ie=UTF-8