Have we crossed the line yet?

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: Have we crossed the line yet?

Post by edwardmurphy »

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

From the link:
So how do you argue with somebody who is that far out in left field? I was dumbfounded. I'm just driving along. He's sitting over here all smug and secure, like "See you have no response?" And I thought about it for a minute. Then I used his point of reference. I said, "Well, we all know that all white people have a gene within them that makes them a serial killer." He says, "What do you mean?" And I said,"Well, name me three black serial killers." He thought about it — he could not do it. I said, Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, Charles Manson, John Wayne Gacy. All whites. I said, "Son, you are a serial killer." He says "Daryl, I've never killed anybody." I said, "Your gene is latent. It hasn't come out yet." He goes, "Well, that's stupid!" I said, "Well, duh. Yes, but you know what, you're right. What I said was stupid, but no more stupid than what you said you me." Then he got very, very quiet and changed the subject. Five months later, based on that conversation he left the Klan. His robe was the first robe I ever got.
It's amazing when someone is hit over the head with logic, and he actually changes his mind.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

The guy has a web site and a bunch of interviews online, too. Pretty remarkable fella.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Stu »

edwardmurphy wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:56 am Stu, it seems like you're still playing the cherry picking game. I can go tit for tat pretty easily. The right wing press doesn't report on the many people out there who identify as conservative and/or support Trump and who behave just as obnoxiously, so maybe you're not aware of them. I promise you, they're there to be seen if you choose to look. I can also assure you that the vile lefties that are so frequently the subject of right wing reporting are often portrayed inaccurately, unfairly, and in the worst possible light. That's pundits for you. They're promoting an image of their political opponents, and fairness and accuracy don't concern them. So yeah, I can match your examples of poor leftie behavior with counterexamples of poor behavior by righties, but what's the point? Why bother?

The fact is, the idea of "the left" and "the right" as unified groups moving in lockstep is silly. A-holes chucking feces are no more representative of the typical liberal than racist, Jew-baiting Neo-Nazis are representative of the typical conservative. We're all better off ignoring the pundits' dog and pony show and focusing on the many things that we have in common. Because at the end of the day, believe it or not, we all want what's best for our families, our fellow citizens, and our countries.
No I think you are wrong. The left (pushed by the media and Democrats) really are losing it on a wide-scale now. The media and democrats have demonised Trump and the right so much that the left are reacting in unbelievable ways now.

They are acting in groups now, that is not cherry picking, this is widespread. The #walkaway movement being the result of that.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

Where do you live, Stu? Just asking, because here in the States I'm just not seeing it. Sure, there are plenty of examples of "lefties" behaving badly, but remember, Hillary Clinton got 65,853,516 votes and apparently quite a few Sanders supporters didn't bother casting a ballot. Throw in liberal kids who were too young in 2018 and we're looking at a passel of folks who don't care for Sideshow Don.

So how many examples of insane lefties chucking feces and attacking folks in Trump hats have you come across? A hundred? A thousand? A million? I suspect it's actually closer to ten that to a hundred, but even if it was a million that's still only 1.5% of the people who voted for Clinton. That leaves "the left" 98.5% sane.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

edwardmurphy wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:04 am Where do you live, Stu? Just asking, because here in the States I'm just not seeing it. Sure, there are plenty of examples of "lefties" behaving badly, but remember, Hillary Clinton got 65,853,516 votes and apparently quite a few Sanders supporters didn't bother casting a ballot. Throw in liberal kids who were too young in 2018 and we're looking at a passel of folks who don't care for Sideshow Don.

So how many examples of insane lefties chucking feces and attacking folks in Trump hats have you come across? A hundred? A thousand? A million? I suspect it's actually closer to ten that to a hundred, but even if it was a million that's still only 1.5% of the people who voted for Clinton. That leaves "the left" 98.5% sane.
I don't live in the US but do follow the news there.

Just look at the colleges that wouldn't let right-leaning people speak. That is whole institutions with widespread protests. No free speech allowed. They represent a wider group of people.

And no I don't think the same would happen if a leftist wanted to speak at a conservative college. The right hasn't been whipped up into a frenzy by the media and politicians.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Stu wrote:
And no I don't think the same would happen if a leftist wanted to speak at a conservative college. The right hasn't been whipped up into a frenzy by the media and politicians.
How many conservative colleges are govt funded?

The issue with free speech, is that these colleges that are refusing to let conservatives, and even far-right people speak, is that they are govt funded. It isn't a free-speech issue, if a private institution won't allow certain people to speak.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

LOL they're indoctrinating kids now with Antifa rubbish, who's actions have been labeled by the vovernment as "domestic terrorist violence". If this wasn't so sad it would be somewhat amusing.

Kiddie 'Commie Camp' Creating Antifa Flags - Teaching A New Generation Of Terrorists As Radicalism Becomes The New Norm For The Democratic Party
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

Ack...

Stu, this is yet another right wing punditry piece. Note the rage and hysteria in the headline. Look at their other headlines, and note that the same level of rage and hysteria is present in all the rest. The site is one big right-wing op-ed, with no news to be found. If this is representative of the sources where you get your news then everything that you're hearing is part of a right wing, anti-liberal narrative. You're getting nothing but opinions, but they're opinions that you're inclined to share, so you accept them. Consequently you're badly misinformed about life in the United States.

Consider looking these links over...

How to Spot Fake News

Confirmation Bias
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

edwardmurphy wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:58 am Ack...

Stu, this is yet another right wing punditry piece. Note the rage and hysteria in the headline. Look at their other headlines, and note that the same level of rage and hysteria is present in all the rest. The site is one big right-wing op-ed, with no news to be found. If this is representative of the sources where you get your news then everything that you're hearing is part of a right wing, anti-liberal narrative. You're getting nothing but opinions, but they're opinions that you're inclined to share, so you accept them. Consequently you're badly misinformed about life in the United States.

Consider looking these links over...

How to Spot Fake News

Confirmation Bias
So you're saying the Commie Camp they held was not real - that kids in fact did not attend it. That they didn't make flags?

Here are a few more links (how many more do you need) but I suppose they are just more hysteria from conservatives...

PHOTOS: Children at ‘Commie Camp’ design dozens of Antifa flags, learn about ‘social justice’

Kids Make ANTIFA Flags At Massachusetts Commie Summer Camp

Outrage: ‘Commie Camp’ Summer Activities Encourage Children To Craft Antifa Propoganda
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

I'm saying that I don't know much about Camp Kinderland, neither do you, and neither do the right wing propagandists who wrote those "news" articles.

In my 90 seconds of research I learned that "Commie Camp' is a joke name taken from the title of a documentary directed by a 3rd generation camper. Here's a preview. Apparently Camp Kinderland has been a target for guys like Beck and Limbaugh for quite some time, but they're still able to laugh about it.

Now, regarding your pile of articles, this is not news, it's punditry and propaganda. Here's the entire story, as "reported."

Some guy named Mark Bray tweeted the following comment:

Whoa the kids at @CampKinderland made their own #Antifa flags. Super rad! Thanks for sharing @JoshBlanchfield. @antifaintl #SmashFascism

Along with the comment there was a picture of some Antifa-looking, arty-crafty stuff on a table. Somebody at the Daily Caller saw the tweet. And BOOM, Defcon 1! Just like that the right wing outrage mill was in motion. They took the Tweet, added some scary-looking Antifa photos, and wrote a bunch of stuff about indoctrination, and disseminated it far and wide.

Note what they didn't do:
  • Call Camp Kinderland and ask about the photo
  • Send a reporter to Camp Kinderland
  • Track down Josh Blanchfield and ask him about the photo, since he shared it
  • Call Mark Bray for comment
  • Make any attempt to verify that the photo is genuine
  • Make any attempt to collect any new information from anywhere or to put the incident, assuming that there was one, in any sort of context
  • Make any attempt to present the information in an informative, unbiased manner
Now here you are deciding that "the left" has lost it and the US is under siege, based on this crap.

Stu, this is silly.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

Yet more TDS, this is getting worse.
Triggered By A Trump Bumper Sticker, Deranged Woman Rams Her Car Into Another - Dangerous Liberals & Their 'Hate Movement' Against MAGA Supporters Hits Staggering Heights

According to the Cape Cod Times, a Massachusetts woman, Chloe Wright, 25, became so triggered and enraged by seeing a Trump bumper sticker on a man's car, she started honking at him as he was stopped at a red light, then followed him to the next one, and kept honking, while yelling at him. The man, thinking something was wrong with the back of his car stepped out of his vehicle.

“She said, ‘You voted for Trump?’” the man wrote in a statement. “I said yes. She called me a racist and several other names.”

As the man began recording the incident on his phone, the woman drove around his car, prompting him to step back into the driver’s side door opening, he told police, according to the report. The woman then drove at him and hit the open door, he said, according to the report.

“She bent my door and I had to lean back to avoid getting hit,” the man wrote. “She also hit the side of my car.”

The woman drove away down North Street, the man told police.

The man’s recording of the incident shows the woman’s car, a gray Honda Civic, drive around his car and hit the open driver’s-side door, according to the report. A statement by the man’s girlfriend, who was in the car with him during the incident, confirmed the man’s account, the report says.

She was arrested, charged with assault with a dangerous weapon, and faces additional charges of vandalizing property and leaving the scene of property damage. Wright pleaded not guilty, was released with a $1,250 bail and ordered stay away from the victim. Her pre-trial hearing is scheduled for August 28, 2018.

This is just the latest example deranged liberals getting triggered and becoming violent against a Trump supporter, something that is happening with increasing frequency.

On the other side of the country, in California, on Hollywood Boulevard, another man was triggered by a man wearing a Trump shirt, which ended in a brawl, the second time this has happened in a four day period.

On July 25th, it was reported that a man, Clifton Ward, was indicted after threatening to assault and murder Republican congress woman Diane Black, in yet another example in a growing list of GOP politicians being threatened with death, as well as their families, which ANP reported on just last week.

Those GOP politicians include; Senator Rand Paul, a death threat against him and a threat to "chop up" his family with an ax; Representative Lee Zeldin was targeted along with his wife and young daughters; A campaign volunteer of Zeldin's was also almost run over after a liberal became triggered seeing a MAGA hat in a car; An intern of Representative Brian Mast was told over the phone "I'm going to find the congressman's kids and kill them"; Republican Representative Jason Lewis received "sick messages" which threatened him and his daughters."

Mobs chasing Trump supporters out of businesses, as crazed libs attack teen Trump supporters because of their MAGA hats. One spitting on the hat, and another ripping it off a teenagers head (with some hair) then throwing a drink in the kids face.

Then there is this. You can't make this one up...
NO JOKE: UNIVERSITY DEAN FORCED TO APOLOGIZE FOR HAVING REPUBLICAN FRIEND
Freedom of association now under attack by leftist mob

A University of Georgia professor was forced to apologize after congratulating a friend who happens to be a Republican candidate for governor, according to Campus Reform.

Davis, dean of the Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication at UGA, was a classmate of Georgia’s GOP gubernatorial candidate Brian Kemp, and called him a “nice guy,” and “kind to a fault” in a congratulatory tweet following Kemp’s primary win last week.

“I went to high school with GOP guv candidate @BrianKempGA. We played YMCA ball from childhood. Politics be damned. He’s a nice guy, always was. Kind to a fault. He’s a friend, always has been, and will be when we’re old(er) and grey(er). That’s how this should work, people,” Davis tweeted last week.

But liberals went ballistic after Davis dared to extend any civility to a Republican, calling him a “racist” who “spews bigoted and dangerous rhetoric,” reported Campus Reform.

Davis caved to the leftist mob and deleted the tweet shortly after, but tried to explain he was simply “acknowledging a friend.”

He then issued an apologetic tweet days later, claiming he “learned so much” from the left’s misguided identity politics rhetoric.

“I’d like to apologize to anyone offended by my tweet shout out to Brian Kemp. It was ill-timed and poorly written. I’ve read and learned so much from you all and will endeavor to be more thoughtful,” Davis tweeted Friday.

The left has reached a point of insanity where even being associated with a Republican is enough to brand you a racist, sexist, xenophobic Nazi.

More
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

We need to keep in mind that articles and photos we see in media are often only relatively small snapshots of whatever OVERALL reality actually exists. And the more a mere fragment of reality is repeatedly given wide exposure, the more the public is prone to mistaking that snapshot to represent the far bigger picture. And so this is how media, operatives, tv and radio hosts manipulate public opinion. This is why powerful, well-fiananced, but often unbalanced media are such a danger, as they often distort or obscure the greater realities of events and issues.

And because advertising and sponsors drive media, and because people are naturally drawn to whatever content tends to line up with their own personal sensibilities, media outlets develop a following per their typical content's output and their audience's demographics, politics, worldview, etc. And so media outlets develop their own brands based upon the demographics making up their paper or organization's viewersip / readership - and, unfortunately, try to grow their audiences, not necessarily by giving them objective news, but instead by feeding them whatever slants and sensibilities their typical viewer / listener happens to like - which often doesn't bode well for those of us who desire to hear the truth of things. So often we're getting ratings / advertiser-driven spin designed to feed the audience whatever it would tend to prefer. And some media is worse about this than others. We need to constantly keep this in mind, as we try to get a handle upon how prevalent and widespread a thing reported by media actually is! This is especially true of photos media broadcast. We see a handful of protesters burning two cars on a Main Street somewhere, and yet we're given the idea an entire city or region is inflamed with dangerous chaos. But is actual, big-picture truth what such photos it seem to be?
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

Quit it, Stu. This is silly.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

edwardmurphy wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:08 pm Quit it, Stu. This is silly.
Shadow banning is real... free speech is not...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys