Abortion - Irish have done it. Consequences ?

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Blessed
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Abortion - Irish have done it. Consequences ?

Post by Blessed »

LittleHamster wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 8:06 pm I don't even think Saint Google could come up with an adequate scientific definition either:
I believe you meant to say "Satan Google" not "Saint Google" because that is what Google is becoming. Lies Propaganda pre-selected searches and censorship.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Blessed, research traducianism. I believe such is the correct view.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

Chill out. You guys are stressing me out a bit. I reckon there is one thing every single one of us can agree with:

That your parents decided not to abort you .......but there's always the extremely late term option /ducks

Edit: Which reminds me Blessed, you can try Saint Duckduckgo (https://duckduckgo.com/) ;)
Last edited by LittleHamster on Mon May 28, 2018 4:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Has Liked: 1111 times
Been Liked: 1111 times
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

LittleHamster wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 3:56 am Chill out. You guys are stressing me out ! I reckon there is one thing every single one of us can agree with:

That your parents decided not to abort you .......but there's always the extremely late term option /ducks
That is useless. It would not have made any difference, nor it does now.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

neo-x wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 4:12 am
LittleHamster wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 3:56 am Chill out. You guys are stressing me out ! I reckon there is one thing every single one of us can agree with:

Well, if they did, I don't think we would be having this conversation. :econfused:
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

LittleHamster wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 4:21 am
neo-x wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 4:12 am

Well, if they did, I don't think we would be having this conversation. :econfused:
Someone else would be having it, sure. But it doesn't affect the argument itself.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if

without.

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Neo wrote:
Murder needs malice, I don't think people have that when they are aborting. Not once have I ever witnessed that.
How many abortions have you witnessed?

And FYI, when speaking of murder with regard to abortion, it's usually the doctor performing the abortion, that is the one who is called the murderer.

Malice isn't always a prerequisite for murder.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

RickD wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 5:24 am
Neo wrote:
Murder needs malice, I don't think people have that when they are aborting. Not once have I ever witnessed that.

And FYI, when speaking of murder with regard to abortion, it's usually the doctor performing the abortion, that is the one who is called the murderer.

Quite many actually. Common occurrence in Pakistan, especially in poverty stricken areas.

without.

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

neo-x wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 5:55 am
Neo wrote:

Quite many actually. Common occurrence in Pakistan, especially in poverty stricken areas.
Let me make sure I'm understanding you. You have been a first-hand witness to many abortions?
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

RickD wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 6:07 am
Neo wrote:

Let me make sure I'm understanding you. You have been a first-hand witness to many abortions?
Ofcourse not. How can I be? I mean I have been to families that have had.

without.

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

neo-x wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 6:15 am
Neo wrote:

Ok. I thought that maybe you had been in the medical field before.

From what you said in the past, people in poverty have aborted their babies, instead of raising them in poverty. As someone sitting here in the US, that just blows my mind. That something can be that horrible, that one would think the best choice available, is killing their own child.

Just how bad is it? Is it common for families in poverty to do that?

-Edward R Murrow

Blessed
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Blessed »

LittleHamster wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 3:56 am
Edit: Which reminds me Blessed, you can try Saint Duckduckgo (https://duckduckgo.com/) ;)
I don't trust Duck Duck anymore because of the owner and that fact they have been mainstreamed and not had a buy out attempt.

I trust Gopher.com

Same format and speed as Google to easily break the Google habit - with search results more akin to the old Google before all the group think brainwash programming. And no tracking or selling.

Interestingly enough - Gopher has been shut down for weeks now with no explanation why. It would not surprise me if they were getting hit with Law-Fare attacks - funded by endless Shekels - to shut them down over bogus copyright and IPR claims. I

A website with Googles format is long overdue. And if I had any kind of deep pockets I would have started one a long time ago.

Google knows the Gopher website can break them.
LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

Here is another interesting observation for the Christians out there. At the time of Noah, God flooded the place. Regardless of whether it was total flooding or localized flooding, he would have put a fair number of unborn babies to death. What do we make of this ?

(i) There was no law at that time so it was ok for God to terminate pregnancies?
(ii) God can break his own laws (the ones yet to be given to humanity) to serve his purpose(s)?
(iii) God knew, of course, that the current generation that existed at the time of Noah was rather corrupt. He foresaw that all the unborn were not going to grow up and improve the situation. At his time, Grace did not exist, so salvation was not an option for that generation or their offspring. i.e., time to reset the lot ?
(iv) Unborn babies, do in fact, carry with them the original sin from their ancestors, so they are condemned even before they are born and therefore, God was(and still is) completely justified in terminating pregnancies?
(v) Other.....

--------------

By the way, thanks Blessed, I set my start page to gopher.com. I just need to run the TOR browser, secretly change my name, get some plastic surgery and viola ! I can surf anonymously 8)

-------------

more points from you guys...

37. Murder needs malice, I don't think people have that when they are aborting. Not once have I ever witnessed that.viewtopic.php?f=30&t=42492#p237459
38. There is one thing every single one of us can agree with: That your parents decided not to abort you viewtopic.php?f=30&t=42492&start=15#p237465
39. I think abortion is a form of murder. But only past a certain point. 1) Soul infuses in flesh 2) Fetus becomes Sentient - in any form. Consequences are shown in Deuteronomy 28: 15-67. Deuteronomy 28: 43-45 "if you do not obey the Lord your God,(his commandments)...that all these curses will come upon you and overtake you:" (i.e., a lot of nasty stuff) viewtopic.php?f=30&t=42492#p237454
40. The fetus is a human being. https://www.secularprolife.org/abortion
41. There is no consistent, objective distinction between "person" and "human being." https://www.secularprolife.org/abortion
42. Human beings possess human rights. https://www.secularprolife.org/abortion
43. Bodily integrity is not sufficient to justify most abortions. https://www.secularprolife.org/abortion
44. The general wrongness of killing people is, thankfully, a near-universal moral judgment https://www.secularprolife.org/abortion
45. It is also worth noting that bodily autonomy is essentially an after-the-fact rationalization; women do not actually have abortions in order to preserve their bodily autonomy. https://www.secularprolife.org/abortion
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

RickD wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 6:29 am
neo-x wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 6:15 am

Ok. I thought that maybe you had been in the medical field before.

From what you said in the past, people in poverty have aborted their babies, instead of raising them in poverty. As someone sitting here in the US, that just blows my mind. That something can be that horrible, that one would think the best choice available, is killing their own child.

Just how bad is it? Is it common for families in poverty to do that?
Not a long time ago, people didn't abort or use contraceptives, and most just increased the child count in the families. However, that led to over-population. The govt. has since introduced birth control in the last 3 decades to control the population increase. Abortion isn't actually an issue in Pakistan, although it has been frowned upon by certain parts of a deeply conservative Pakistani society, it is still acceptable both legally and socially. It is becoming more common now for people to abort rather than give birth. Also, the use of contraceptives has increased when compared to the past. Again even in Pakistan, while abortion is still considered "a bad option", it is not labelled as murder.

without.

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Neo, you said:
It is becoming more common now for people to abort rather than give birth.
And you also said:
Abortion isn't actually an issue in Pakistan...
You don't see an issue with more unborn being killed, than babies being born, or am I misunderstanding you?

-Edward R Murrow