Marriage - It's an Institution

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
1over137
Technical Admin
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Marriage - It's an Institution

Post by 1over137 »

Kurieuo wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 7:33 pm
RickD wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 7:26 pm
1over137 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:37 pm do not worry,
we have not kissed yet - am i not too fast? ;)
That's ok Hana. My wife and I have been married for almost 22 years, and we still haven't kissed yet. I'm taking it slow, because I don't want her to get the wrong idea about our relationship. I want her to know that I love and respect her for who she is, and she's not just a sex object to me. She needs to know that I listen to her, and care about her feelings.
Do I detect some sarcasm there? I'm not sure.

Are you trying to be mean to Hana? No, I don't think so. So maybe it is satire.

Then again, what about your wife? hmm. Seems you're not being respectful there either.

Maybe it's not sarcasm. Oh hang on! You're being mean to yourself, if you mean the opposite then you're like some kind of male chauvinistic monster! y[-X

For those who don't know the difference between sarcasm and satire, please read.
Maybe that article would be a good discussion piece.
I think it would be fine to start a thread on it. And see also more examples from Scripture too.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

RickD wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 7:26 pm
1over137 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:37 pm do not worry,
we have not kissed yet - am i not too fast? ;)
That's ok Hana. My wife and I have been married for almost 22 years, and we still haven't kissed yet. I'm taking it slow, because I don't want her to get the wrong idea about our relationship. I want her to know that I love and respect her for who she is, and she's not just a sex object to me. She needs to know that I listen to her, and care about her feelings.
Gentle satire :)
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Male

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

I guess I sound like an annoying jerk when I rant.
But I have had a lot of crap and lies etc so it's partly venting and partly genuine concern over injustice.
Philip
Site Owner
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

Don't let Rick fool you - he is actually a very sensitive, touchy feely, emotional sort - but he uses sarcasm because he's not comfortable with expressing himself emotionally. His wife says that sarcasm IS his "love language" - well, that and food. :pound: