Iran vs. Israel

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Re: Iran vs. Israel

Post by Kurieuo »

Iran, Israel, not even Russia will take sides in that one. US on other hand; really strategically should back Israel. I myself don't care too much on this on. If both sides want to wipe each other out, who am I to stand in their way.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

PS. Why listen to the fat turk? Worst place for coherent information.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Kurieuo wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 8:11 am PS. Why listen to the fat turk? Worst place for coherent information.
Who's fat turk?
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Youtube link in Blessed''s opening post.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Kurieuo wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 8:33 am Youtube link in Blessed''s opening post.
Thanks.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

Blessed: Israel has been illegally occupying the Golan Heights Province ever since which is where these 20 rockets were fired. I've read no instructions from God in the Bible or from Christ instructing Israel for this behavior to occur after the Diaspora.
First place, make no mistake that modern Israel has been exceptionally patient per the instrusions and rocket attacks over the last 40 years - especially compared to ancient Israel, where God often had them punish their enemies and attackers with impunity. Given the many threats of the crazy Mullahs running Iran, given their many past statements of wanting to eradicate Israel "and the evil Zionist occupiers" - Israel would be crazy to give up the Golan Heights. And Iran definitely shelled that territory. To not respond significantly would only have enocouraged the Iranians.

Little history: As early as 1965, and backed by Syria, Fatah guerillas began raiding Israeli territory. The next year, Syria shelled Israel relentlessly from the Golan Heights. And before the Six-Day War, the Syrians again began lobbing many shells into Israel's villages from the Golan Heights.

in July 1966, Fatah began raids into Israeli territory in early 1965, with active support from Syria.

April 1967, after Syria heavily shelled Israeli villages from the Golan Heights - and often from Russian-built forts, frequently producing civilian casualties. And when that Syrian shelling tremendously expanded, by June '67, Israel captured the Golan Heights. And so, who could blame them for taking the territory and keeping control of it?

Let's say such mayhem started with rockets being launched into the U.S. from Mexico - because modern Mexican extremists thought it justified as we "stole Texas from Mexico." What U.S. president in their right mind wouldn't respond with whatever level of force it takes to shut it down? And if the threat was ongoing - occupy it if necessary. Israel is in a really bad neighborhood surrounded by Muslims who hate her. NO land security can be sacrificed, as the margins of geographic safety are already razor thin and we see the history of constant attacks. Same deal in Lebanon, where Israel has had constant rocket attacks from. Israel has already tried the land for peace scam - didn't work out so well, did it?

People today who think pursuing aggression and war over historical land rights is justified are simply fools for not caring what such warfare can lead to. The past is PAST. Nations and people need to get over it - unless they treasure fantasies of restored territories over peace! And before THAT, in the 16th century, this land was occupied by the Turks. And by the mid-19th century, the place was a virtual wasteland.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

neo-x wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 9:21 am
Kurieuo wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 8:33 am Youtube link in Blessed''s opening post.
Thanks.
Yeah, probably not nice of me too call him the fat turk, but he disrespects and purposefully misrepresents others he disagrees. I've caught him in many contradictiins, spouting much nonsense, telling bald face lies. I just can't listen to him because you can't trust what he presents as being fact as having any truth at all. It's not just his logic doesn't follow, but he flat out lies.

Sam Harris was perhaps the big eye opener and nail in the coffin for any reasonable people that listened to the turks. His absolute misrepresentation, distorions and like revealed the fat turk for what he was. Just fat and full of wind. :P
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 4:51 pm
neo-x wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 9:21 am
Thanks.
Yeah, probably not nice of me too call him the fat turk, but he disrespects and purposefully misrepresents others he disagrees. I've caught him in many contradictiins, spouting much nonsense, telling bald face lies. I just can't listen to him because you can't trust what he presents as being fact as having any truth at all. It's not just his logic doesn't follow, but he flat out lies.

Sam Harris was perhaps the big eye opener and nail in the coffin for any reasonable people that listened to the turks. His absolute misrepresentation, distorions and like revealed the fat turk for what he was. Just fat and full of wind. :P
That's inappropriate talk, and you're a mod?*

*See, I've got your back BavarianWheels!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Blessed
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Blessed »

Byblos wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 6:03 am
Blessed wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 11:21 pm They have consistently attacked Lebanon most recently in 2006 - because the people voted for Hamas.
I'm fairly certain Hamas is not a Lebanese entity. I'm sure you meant Hizballah, right? At least get your Islamic group territories straight man. :mrgreen:
Yes Hezbollugh. Sorry. Whatever their name is they were democratically elected and Israel attacked them as a result of a democratic election.

But that's ok. They are just Muslims. Besides. The Bible says the Jews are Gods chosen people. So they can attack murder commit whatever evils they want and we must support them because it's the Christian thing to do. And good Christians support Israel. So whatever they do - oh well. It's for the best. And we must support them. If you don't your antisemetic and not a good Christian.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Stu »

Blessed wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 10:00 pm
Byblos wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 6:03 am
Blessed wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 11:21 pm They have consistently attacked Lebanon most recently in 2006 - because the people voted for Hamas.
I'm fairly certain Hamas is not a Lebanese entity. I'm sure you meant Hizballah, right? At least get your Islamic group territories straight man. :mrgreen:
Yes Hezbollugh. Sorry. Whatever their name is they were democratically elected and Israel attacked them as a result of a democratic election.

But that's ok. They are just Muslims. Besides. The Bible says the Jews are Gods chosen people. So they can attack murder commit whatever evils they want and we must support them because it's the Christian thing to do. And good Christians support Israel. So whatever they do - oh well. It's for the best. And we must support them. If you don't your antisemetic and not a good Christian.
The Bible says that God will judge Israel, so you don't have to worry.

Remember, Israel was the one who was attacked in the past by groups of Muslim countries.
Remember, they also like to threaten Israel and say that they don't have the right to exist, etc.

So given that Israel (and probably have a long memory) should be worried seeing as they are surrounded by Muslim countries.

You really don't like Israel much do you :)
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by BavarianWheels »

Blessed wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 8:54 pm
BavarianWheels wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 12:22 pm
Blessed wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 11:50 am I hope the United States does not get involved and Israel goes it alone. I understand the Jews are Gods people but that does not give them the right to murder their neighbors in the name of Zionism and I know of nowhere in the Torah where God instructs the Jews to do any of these things.
Are you suggesting there was written notice, as in a biblical passage, to provide the enemies of Israel/Hebrews/Jews in OT times??

Were these actions not recorded AFTER the fact...as a historical acct.?? So how is it you know there is no word from God?

There were instructions in the Old Testament where God told the Israel to attack/invade a specific place. Many times there are passages about the Philistines, Hittites, Amalakites where God he will hand over these nations to Israel because they were wicked, child sacrifice, idols etc. Those nations are gone. Only their ruins remain. After the Jewish Messiah comes there are no specific instructions anywhere in the Torah for this. Only the Talmud which is not of God but of Man.
So you're saying God gave Israel written notice? Show me.
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female

Post by melanie »

Blessed I totally agree. All independent news sources show Israel as the aggressor and Iran retaliated.
But that’s not really a surprise. What is also not a surprise is the rose tinted glasses that so many Christians view Israel with. It’s part of the narrative unfortunately, fueled from the pulpit and by tainted ‘news sources’. It’s so ingrained in Christian culture that to speculate in an educated and critical manner I believe cannot be met in return with critical thinking. I know that sounds really harsh and I wish it were not so but over the last decade witnessing the aggression shown by Israel and the unwavering support shown despite such heinous violations of International Law and human rights, by and large the Christian community have lost any ability to view or determine in a unbiased manner any actions partaken by Israel.
For me the irony is that for so many it follows misdirected biblical prophecy that has been fed to a hungry community trying to usher in the second coming of Christ. Like we can tweak events, even turning a blind eye to aggression and violence if it suits what we believe to be time line prophecy or on a lesser scale an unbridled, unthought out affiliation with anything Israel because we think it’s bibilcal. In my opinion what is at the forefront of biblical thinking is adhering to the most paramount of Christian thinking which is to do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Without a disclaimer. We seem to think nowadays that that applies unless provoked, or justified but Jesus gave many examples where that type of thinking was self serving and not inline with the true message.
So for me the irony lies in the misdirection. For so many the current events involving Israel, including the last 24 hours points to end time prophecy in support of Israel but for me I see the the same thing but in a very different light. I see that support as a sign of a breakdown of the ‘church’. When confusion reigns so that which is evil is seen as good, when the Prince of Lies convinces the world while he unleashes unrest, death and violence and it’s welcomed and celebrated.
“In so much, if were possible, even the elect will be deceived”.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Starting to think Melanie and Blessed are Kremlin funded. :P
(hey, I know myself they pay quite well!)
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female

Post by melanie »

Kurieuo wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 7:45 am Starting to think Melanie and Blessed are Kremlin funded. :P
(hey, I know myself they pay quite well!)
Haha show me the money 💰
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »