Syria Airstrikes: What We Know, What Comes Next

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Syria Airstrikes: What We Know, What Comes Next

Post by Kurieuo »

No, I'm not going to necessarily push my point of view here. Just wanted to state that as a first point of call. Many of you would know where I stand, certain positions I take on US, Syria, Russia, Assad and like, given my posts to date. Some of you hate and are even perhaps boggled by my words. It doesn't matter too much, really.

What does matter, are those who are actually on the ground over there. And, if we can, being able to make a positive difference with supporting people there and those who are providing aid. My wife just recently showed me a video posted to Facebook by a charity organisation Preemptive Love Coalition. It was to do with answering people who support the charity and have asked about the recent airstrikes, his perspective as a Christian a part of a group who helping Syrians, and who has been very much on the frontline of things.

He covers much, and I'd encourage anyone who has responded to me in posts and the like, or who has some interest in the situation and events in Syria, to listen to his video. It contains some of which I was not aware. What I found particularly interesting was the perspective of Syrian Christians, and even Syrians who can be divided in their opinion and/or support of Assad. That, was an interesting takeaway for me. BUT, moreso, the fact that organisations like this, who obviously have some very strong Christians, are actually over there helping -- I wasn't aware that such existed.

So then, if you want to pray for this group, and even send some support if you believe they're doing good, then that is the main reason I share this video. In addition to the fact these matters have received some discussion, and none of us here as I see have first-hand experience and we all really see through a glass darkly of what appears to be a media/information war of sorts, this video is like a light.

"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Syria Airstrikes: What We Know, What Comes Next

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:
Some of you hate and are even perhaps boggled by my words. It doesn't matter too much, really.
Then we don't care either. And, we're not watching your stupid video.
y[-(
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

All I know is, no one's hands in Syria are unblemished. But I can guarantee you that Assad, the Russians, Iran and their proxies, and many amongst the so-called rebel factions are all very bad news - are EVIL, whether or not they've individually been falsely accused in particular incidents. To not realize this, per their individual long, recent as well as collective histories, is to deny the obvious. And if some chemical weapons factories were destroyed, that can only be a good thing - if whatever such chemicals and manufacturing plants were destroyed and cannot be used again. And yet, if we are going to do THAT, then why ignore other atrocities to civilians, women and children, accomplished via more traditional weaponry, as has been done for years by the various factions? So, it's selective outrage. Seems to me whenever there isn't a practical way to stop a civil war, while also avoiding putting one's own country in the midst of multiple factions fighting each other (and being stuck there for years with mounting casualties of one's own military), then the best strategy is to contain it as much as possible.
Blessed
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Blessed »

Philip wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:09 pm All I know is, no one's hands in Syria are unblemished. But I can guarantee you that Assad, the Russians, Iran and their proxies, and many amongst the so-called rebel factions are all very bad news - are EVIL, whether or not they've individually been falsely accused in particular incidents. To not realize this, per their individual long, recent as well as collective histories, is to deny the obvious. And if some chemical weapons factories were destroyed, that can only be a good thing - if whatever such chemicals and manufacturing plants were destroyed and cannot be used again. And yet, if we are going to do THAT, then why ignore other atrocities to civilians, women and children, accomplished via more traditional weaponry, as has been done for years by the various factions? So, it's selective outrage. Seems to me whenever there isn't a practical way to stop a civil war, while also avoiding putting one's own country in the midst of multiple factions fighting each other (and being stuck there for years with mounting casualties of one's own military), then the best strategy is to contain it as much as possible.
Where is this comment coming from ....

The Russians are not the bad guys. They are the good guys. Assad is their ally . Russia is fighting ISIS rebels. The USA is helping ISIS rebels.

I was told Syria has the highest Christian population in the middle east.. and the longer we attack Assad the more Christians die.

It also appears the chemical attack was staged. CNN released video that was staged. It's obvious it's staged. Just like the paid protestors. Staged.

#1 #1 #1 #1
-----------------> The war is directly responsible for armies of Muslim migrants flooding into Europe as we speak <---------------

And of course .. this goes without saying this war is Unconstitutional, because Congress never voted on it, not to mention we are not the worlds policemen ..
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

I believe there is evil in the world, but that ChristIan above who you guys haven't watched, who is on the ground in Syria providing aid gives the reminder that we're all made in God's image, even ISIS.

So, to call such monsters, animals or EVIL in all caps like pure evil, within Christian theology is paramount to denying God's image and attacking God himself (in whose image we are made). Yes, there is evil in the world,, and yes evil is committed by people and needs restraining. Sometimes that might even mean bombs perhaps, but whoever it is, such a person or people possess God's image and it is disingenuous, unproductive and the like, to just label such as monsters, animals or just EVIL.

Fwiw, the guy says he knows of no Christian Syrian, and he's been amongst many in different areas, who wants Assad gone and who doesn't appreciate Russia's support. I'd much rather go with what my brethren over there say, than any storytelling set by our countries and media.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

RickD wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:24 am
Kurieuo wrote:
Some of you hate and are even perhaps boggled by my words. It doesn't matter too much, really.
y[-(
To put my words in context ;), are you saying my words and what we squabble about in the comfort of our own countries and homes does matter, compared to say getting up and/or doing something more proactive which will make an actual difference?
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

I DON'T want Assad gone, because it's likely to make things worse. The Russians and KGB Boy at Heart Putin are merely opportunists, they don't give a crap about Assad. I have no idea who gassed those people, so I've no idea if the right party was punished.
K: such a person or people possess God's image and it is disingenuous, unproductive and the like, to just label such as monsters, animals or just EVIL.
Well, God sure called many peoples made in His image evil across Scripture. And on what planet are those truly sold out to ISIS twisted values, hideous goals, and unimaginable actions not evil people? Do we pray for them - to change, to see things God's ways? Absolutely. But until then, they must be dealt with in brutal terms, if they are to be stopped or won't negotiate a peace. Did we stop fighting the WWII Japanese or Nazis because they were made in God's image? God had Israel destroy plenty of enemies made in His image! And had Israel do so in many situations we wouldn't see as rightful. Sometimes the only way to stop evil is to kill it! That's just reality. And make no mistake, Syria as it once existed will not return. Because Islamist factions won't let it - they'll not stop. I'm for whatever it takes to stop the killing, short of involving ourselves directly on the ground. And I see no entity that is capable of keeping the peace if Assad goes. It sure should be the U.S. Europe - HA! The UN? :pound: .
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:43 pm
Kurieuo wrote:
y[-(
To put my words in context ;), are you saying my words and what we squabble about in the comfort of our own countries and homes does matter, compared to say getting up and/or doing something more proactive which will make an actual difference?
No. It was a joke showing that since it doesn't matter to you that some here hate or are boggled by your words, then we don't care what you think either.

TBH, I get frustrated with this stuff. I don't have any idea which side, if either, is telling the truth.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

RickD wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:11 pm
Kurieuo wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:43 pm
Kurieuo wrote:
y[-(
No. It was a joke showing that since it doesn't matter to you that some here hate or are boggled by your words, then we don't care what you think either.

TBH, I get frustrated with this stuff. I don't have any idea which side, if either, is telling the truth.
I know, sometimes I just hate talking about stuff and frustrated that I'm not somehow doing more.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Philip wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:01 pm I DON'T want Assad gone, because it's likely to make things worse. The Russians and KGB Boy at Heart Putin are merely opportunists, they don't give a crap about Assad. I have no idea who gassed those people, so I've no idea if the right party was punished.
K: such a person or people possess God's image and it is disingenuous, unproductive and the like, to just label such as monsters, animals or just EVIL.
Well, God sure called many peoples made in His image evil across Scripture. And on what planet are those truly sold out to ISIS twisted values, hideous goals, and unimaginable actions not evil people? Do we pray for them - to change, to see things God's ways? Absolutely. But until then, they must be dealt with in brutal terms, if they are to be stopped or won't negotiate a peace. Did we stop fighting the WWII Japanese or Nazis because they were made in God's image? God had Israel destroy plenty of enemies made in His image! And had Israel do so in many situations we wouldn't see as rightful. Sometimes the only way to stop evil is to kill it! That's just reality. And make no mistake, Syria as it once existed will not return. Because Islamist factions won't let it - they'll not stop. I'm for whatever it takes to stop the killing, short of involving ourselves directly on the ground. And I see no entity that is capable of keeping the peace if Assad goes. It sure should be the U.S. Europe - HA! The UN? :pound: .
Of course, note where I said: "Yes, there is evil in the world, and yes evil is committed by people and needs restraining. Sometimes that might even mean bombs perhaps."

BUT, Syria aside, it is an interesting topic the person in the video raises. One which is also insightful and particularly because it shows how Christians, under threat and persecution, nonetheless cling onto some hope and love for their enemies just like Christ desired of us. Rather than merely villainising, marring, hating and wanting them destroyed, their thoughts are considerate even of those most vile.

Understand the logic here of what I am saying, which isn't to do with people doing evil acts and as such being evil but rather calling someone completely evil, a monster or less than a human when ALL actually nonetheless still possess the image of God. Therefore, the taking of any human life, especially those who we might characterise as "monsters" or EVIL, is still a serious act and shouldn't be done lightly or even delighted in.

If Judeo-Christian theology is true, then even the most heinous person bears the image of God. If we then declare such a person as being completely evil, or something less like a monster or animal, then we're diminishing the value of such people still being image bearers. If we deny that the most vile of humans still possess the image of God, then I see that we must reject some Christian doctrine, and I dare say if logically thought through to end conclusions that such would probably jeapardise our redemption and security of anyone being saved in Christ.

Worst-case, if we say some people are completely evil, yet agree that they still retain the image of God, then sofaras the image of God we bear has the potentiality to become evil too (which is representative of God), then God Himself could actually also turn out to be the direct author of both that which we identify as good or the acts of an evil monster. As such, the whole moral argument for God begins to unravel, since God does good, God does evil, God does whatever according to his whim. This is more inline with Islamic theology than anything Christian.

So then, if we call someone completely evil, then logically we must understand such isn't actually really true but mere metaphor. Yet, then why call people monsters and completely evil at all? Such allows us to treat them different, allows us to murder them and seek their destruction so much more easily. It is because destruction, vengence and/or hate in some way consumes us that we do such. There is a reason why Christ said to love our enemies as ourselves, we all ultimately bear God's image.

In any case, it was just a side theological issue that the guy in the video touched upon, it got me thinking. I too find it hard not to call some people truly EVIL, like there is nothing good in them, especially as I watch true crime TV shows which reveal just how evil some people can be.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

OK, I watched enough of that video to see that this guy morphs various things. Are there not times when the Russians and Syrians have perhaps protected certain areas and they are thankful for that? Of course - tyrants CAN do things that are helpful - but that doesn't change their overall motives. Cyrus the Great benefited the Jews immensely, but that didn't make him a good guy. I don't know the dynamics of how drone warfare and civilians are managed, but I do know that there are many evil factions over there, often hiding amidst civilian populations. This is not precise surgery - it can never be. Could it be better - sure. I agree, Bombs will never solve the conflict, but they CAN often protect and prevent even worse events. This whole implied narrative that America is the problem over there is a freaking joke! Or that Christians tend to believe America's actions are always noble. What is the REAL problem is that place is a hellhole full of factions who hate each other. NO one country can change that dynamic. And NO one can know for certain that Assad did not use those chemical weapons. And if he did, he deserved what he got. And if he did, and if the Russians are upset about the response - so be it. And I say that while nonetheless thinking I'm not sure we should be only concerned with non-combatants and civilians killed by chemicals as opposed to bombs - as what's the diff?

So, no one really knows a solution. This guy is obviously concerned and wants to help - great. But he's criticizing without a gameplan of what SHOULD and could realistically be done? I don't see Europe, Australia and America's allies stepping up and willing to commit to a solution. Russia's motives are not altruistic. Not to mention they are stuck in a quagmire they cannot win. Assad's buddies the Iranians are clearly not good guys. Hezbollah, ISIS - it's a really bad neighborhood of evil players! I will agree that perhaps we should not take troops out of Syria - IF we can defend our position and not just be a pointless target. I see the anti-American narrative mostly from people who have no skin in the game. Europe: Worthless! So you have multiple Islamic factions who hate each other, hate Assad and the Russians. You've got ambitious power players like Russian and Iran pushing their objectives with military aggression. They'd all have to agree to a political solution to stop it. And as long as any major player thinks they can WIN, they'll not be ready to make peace.

And this whole sense that the U.S. or Christians have demonized people made in God's image is a sick distortion - THESE factions have clearly demonized THEMSELVES!!! And for a very long time. The rebel factions could have made peace with Assad very early on, but they were encouraged by Muslim rebellions elsewhere, and so they smelled Assad's vulnerability. And just like in Iraq, there were so many rival factions killing each other as they were focused on the only country really trying to bring peace post Saddam. Yes, it was a huge mistake to take out Iraq's leadership (but Saddam had to go!). The problem is the culture of hatred amongst a tribal nation with major players feeding the hatred and ability to wage war - true in Iraq, true in Syria. And IF Assad were to go - well, let's see how well removing the tyrants in Iraq and Libya worked.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

To be clear, he normally talks about the work they're (Preemptive Love) are doing in the Middle East. That said, many donators asked about Syria, the air strikes and the like, and so he merely gave his perspective from being on the actual ground helping people there.

This is one reason I shared because we aren't actually on the ground there but get our information via the glass dimly rather than first hand. Second, I thought only places like World Vision and the like helped, and I didn't know other charities were there helping, and that is great to see.

In any case here is more about their work. I wouldn't mind even joining them one day. y[-o<

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Trump's strategy is to bring the troops home that are in Syria and to shut down the rogue CIA forces.He has already defunded these rogue CIA forces but he does not control them the Deep State does.But you all saw how desperate the Deep State wants to keep them in Syria with their false flag attack to blame on Assad after Trump mentioned bringing the troops home and all of the Neo-cons in our government are wanting the troops to stay in Syria.Nickey Haley,John McCain,Lindsey Graham,Paul Ryan,etc are neo-cons who like these endless proxie wars in the ME that do nothing to keep America safe.As you know Trump ran bringing our troops home and focusing on improving America's infrastructure instead of fighting these endless wars in the ME and he is going to get his way but not without a fight.

If Trump is able to bring the troops home it means he has gained enough power over the Deep State to do it,remember I told ya'll that everyday he gains more and more power over the Deep State? He is but the Deep State can still strike out and can create false flags which they have been doing.They can do it in the US too like they have been doing.

Trump could not do this without the Patriots in our military that are using technology to spy on the bad guys to find out how they coordinate to cause these false flag attacks.They pick up chatter which Q mentions but don't always know how the attack is going to be carried out so they'll sit back and watch and learn how in order to be able to stop them in the future.

There is a real civil war going on behind the scenes between the partiots in our military and the Deep state and the people who work for the deep state in our government who are traitors.As Q says it is spy vs spy and the good guys see all and know all and Q calls the bad guys stupid because the bad guys are being watched and evidence is being gathered against them.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

For those of you skeptical about Q. Let's do a test and you see if I'm right. Recently in Q posts Q mentioned a false flag attack in Texas could be coming,it could include dynomite,but the FBI is trying to set up Q and blame him for the attack.Because Q posted BOOM! BOOM!BOOM!BOOM!. So be on the look out for a false flag attack in Texas and the MSM blaming Q and his followers.

The FBI who works for the Deep State is trying to find out who Q is and trying to shut him down. Q said "They are trying to set us up"This is how serious of a threat the truth getting out is to the Deep State. But look out for some kind of an attack in Texas,with possible dynomite that is missing from Pennsylvania.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Here is an example of a Q drop.This was from yesterday and this guy Stroppy who lives in Australia just finds new Q posts and reports them.He does'nt try to decipher them,etc he just reports and shows new Q posts.The Q post concerning Texas is in this one too.
Boom!
https://youtu.be/4GCbzUYLetA

Here is a Q drop for today.
Are you Awake?

https://youtu.be/5EjLxBwUAG8