You're fired!

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: You're fired!

Post by Philip »

People need to realize that our values as Christians sometimes require us to choose amongst choices that are far from the ones we would much rather desire. The flawed world we live in forces us to choose amongst the choices that actually exist. And so I and millions of other Christians thought returning the Clintons to the White House would likely be FAR worse - even though we all knew Trump was exceptionally flawed and a coarse loudmouth and show-boater. But we also knew how corrupt and immoral the Clintons were, and the kind of Supreme court picks, etc. they would choose as opposed to the far more conservative ones desired and the positions Trump had moved toward. He also understood economics and business in ways the Clintons clearly do not. We've seen decades of what the HillBillies are all about - even given a mere chance that Trump wouldn't be nearly as bad meant that was a chance worth taking by voting for him. And so as many reservations I have and still have about Trump - lots I don't like about him - he's still done some good things, called a lot of career politicians out on the junk, and I hope he can still learn, change and be decent president. And so far, I still am glad I voted as I did. The Clintons would absolutely have further ruined this country. They are corrupt on a level one can't imagine. And as I KNEW that about them, didn't have such sordid knowledge of Trump - I had to make a choice. And I was NOT going to allow my non-vote to help Hillary.

So, mature people realize there are often hard, unpleasant choices. And there always will be.
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by BavarianWheels »

Philip wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:50 pm So, mature people realize there are often hard, unpleasant choices. And there always will be.
I would agree with your post, however I don't find Trump an unpleasant choice. I love his character as a leader. He does not play around and I think his narcissism likely works to the country's favor in that the last thing he wants is for his name, Trump, to be associated with failure. Sure, people will not like him and disagree with his manner of doing things, polarizing for sure, but I'm willing to bet that down the historical road, his actions as POTUS in regard to actually #MAGA, will be seen despite his perpetual need to bicker on Twitter or his sexual exploits prior to being POTUS.

Will there, is there things I don't like about Trump's character in general, yes. I'm sure he will disappoint me in some area(s). Our last POTUS was certainly NOT a big fan of "America". I like that Trump at least talks that pride, if not backs it up in his actions.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

BavarianWheels wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:11 pm
Philip wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:50 pm So, mature people realize there are often hard, unpleasant choices. And there always will be.
I would agree with your post, however I don't find Trump an unpleasant choice. I love his character as a leader. He does not play around and I think his narcissism likely works to the country's favor in that the last thing he wants is for his name, Trump, to be associated with failure. Sure, people will not like him and disagree with his manner of doing things, polarizing for sure, but I'm willing to bet that down the historical road, his actions as POTUS in regard to actually #MAGA, will be seen despite his perpetual need to bicker on Twitter or his sexual exploits prior to being POTUS.

Will there, is there things I don't like about Trump's character in general, yes. I'm sure he will disappoint me in some area(s). Our last POTUS was certainly NOT a big fan of "America". I like that Trump at least talks that pride, if not backs it up in his actions.
I would add, about Trump - what is the deal behind the scenes and does he realize you can't make deals with the swamp?

He may soon find out...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys