Remember: "Legal Pot Will Prevent Crime and Be Taxed!"

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Remember: "Legal Pot Will Prevent Crime and Be Taxed!"

Post by Philip »

Remember when they said: "Legal pot sales will prevent crime, be taxed, and will not increase usage!"

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahooheehooheehooheehooheeyehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhrigggggghhhhttt!!!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 507417001/

Creates new jobs: https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=legal%20c ... c61ef45bc6

420-friendly hotel accommodations: https://www.coloradopotguide.com/mariju ... ly-hotels/

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Re: Remember: "Legal Pot Will Prevent Crime and Be Taxed!"

Post by RickD »

It's only logical that by legalizing marijuana, that would reduce crime.

Come on Philip, that's logic 101.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

You clearly didn't read the article! It just spreads the crime out - particularly with the cartels (that no longer have to worry about getting their product across the border - so FAR easier), and smuggling to yet-illegal states.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:
You clearly didn't read the article! It just spreads the crime out - particularly with the cartels (that no longer have to worry about getting their product across the border - so FAR easier), and smuggling to yet-illegal states.
Ok Mr. Details. Legalizing marijuana in a state, reduces crime in that state.

If all 50 states legalized marijuana, crime would go down.

In the same way that legalizing murder, would lower the crime of illegal killing.

Right?
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Well, ALL of the states did not legalize it. And thus illegal sales boomed in other areas, not to mention the evasion of the taxes it was supposed to produce. And it's a no-brainer that use has skyrocketed. But yes, you can make murder legal, and suddenly there is no murder as a crime. Geesh. My point is that the lobbying leading up to it was mostly a crock...pot!
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

lol potheads
Blessed
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Blessed »

People think marijuana is a funny game.

For most people it might be. But what people don't understand is different chemicals effect everyone differently. Marijuana has been implicated in the development of schizophrenia and psychosis in young adults. There is evidence to back this up. Marijuana (more specifically the THC in marijuana) tends to make some people extremely paranoid. In some case suffering terrifying paranoia and anxiety attacks. It's not all about laughing and munchies.

Based on my personal experience, my opinion is that marijuana agrees very well with dumb people. Generally speaking. Heard a podcast from Michael Savage once, where he described marijuana having positive effects on people who are, "one string banjos" and negative effects on people who are "stradivarius's". This is a gross generalization of course. But a gross generalization I've found to be generally correct.

That being said, I would support legalization, because I feel, as with alcohol, you're forced to weigh the lesser of 2 evils and take your pick. There is too much of a human toll in keeping it illegal. That being said if legality is conclusively shown to have equal or greater negative effects I would support it being illegal. However nobody knows the answer to that question because it's never been legal.

If course, I feel if children were raised in the type of society that existed before the 1960's, marijuana would be pretty much a mute point.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Blessedwrote:
Of course, I feel if children were raised in the type of society that existed before the 1960's, marijuana would be pretty much a mute point.
Does marijuana make it so people can't talk?

-Edward R Murrow

Blessed
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Blessed »

RickD wrote:
Blessedwrote:
Of course, I feel if children were raised in the type of society that existed before the 1960's, marijuana would be pretty much a mute point.
Does marijuana make it so people can't talk?
For me it did :oops:
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

The moment you decriminalize something you reduce the crime rate by that percentage.
That is why making something legal is the surest way to improve your crime stats.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

The important questions should be, when it comes to various substances, we criminalize or de-criminalize:

What makes us safer? What will make us less safe? What will lead to more users and increased abuse? What has increased negative consequences. The idiots who always assert less people in jail, tax the vice - might as well make money on it - these almost universally ignore other consequences and harm. Are they a gateway to other negatives and crime. Some things should have a stigma. Some things should require the risk of dealing with unsavory types.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

It's fun and harmless to smoke marijuana.

Signed,

Your Friendly Neighborhood Doritos Distributor

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

THIS (https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/201 ... ng-mental/) isn't the Mary Jane I grew up with - which is not only true in Britain, but to a significant level, true all over, as most weed now has a much more powerful impact. Note how the clinical researcher states that frequent usage can put "users at risk of schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, depression, psychosis, delusions and hallucinations." Producers want more users and to grow their markets. And so, just like the cigarette manufactures that bumped up the nicotine content in their products, they've made Mary Jane much more potent!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:THIS (https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/201 ... ng-mental/) isn't the Mary Jane I grew up with - which is not only true in Britain, but to a significant level, true all over, as most weed now has a much more powerful impact. Note how the clinical researcher states that frequent usage can put "users at risk of schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, depression, psychosis, delusions and hallucinations." Producers want more users and to grow their markets. And so, just like the cigarette manufactures that bumped up the nicotine content in their products, they've made Mary Jane much more potent!
Dude, don't be a killjoy!

Remember, if you play "Another One Bites The Dust" backwards, it says, "It's fun to smoke marijuana". And I believe Freddy Mercury when he says that. He'd never advocate any harmful acts.

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »