Russian Jet Shot Down by Syrian Rebels

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Russian Jet Shot Down by Syrian Rebels

Post by RickD »

Blessed wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:35 pm I am curious why you are on a Christian website if you're atheist ?
We could ask you a similar question: Why are you on a Christian website, when you have a problem with Jesus being God?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

Blessed wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:35 pm I am curious why you are on a Christian website if you're atheist ?
There was a time, long ago now, when I liked to come here and argue about religion. These days I mostly avoid the religion and use this site as a place to talk politics with a group of people who see the world completely differently from the way that I see it. If I didn't come here then I'd never have heard of Q and the Storm, or read articles from the Blaze, the National Review, or the Gateway Pundit (to name a few).

The thing is, most of the folks who blast the MSM, criticize NPR as biased, or insist that Breitbart and the NY Post are pretty much identical are coming from a position of ignorance. They don't watch CNN, listen to NPR, or read the Post. They just listen to Hannity, Limbaugh, Ingram and the rest stating those opinions, and then they accept them as their own and repeat them.

I don't want to get all of my news from Huffington Post, MSNBC, and Mother Jones. I don't want to live in an echo chamber. I'm willing to have my views challenged. So I come here, where I can just about guarantee that if I say the sky is blue somebody will disagree (and perhaps call me a Deep State provocateur or some such thing).

In short, I come here because I think there's some value in being exposed to others' opinions even if I almost always disagree.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Why would ANY Christian, who supposedly would want to see people come to Christ and be saved from an eternity apart from God, not want unbelievers to be here? Unless a person is continually disruptive or here just for attacking people (as opposed to just challenging their beliefs), just to stir up arguments - ALL are welcome. To not see the importance of unbelievers coming to a Christian website shows me a person who is either not a Christian or they totally do not understand Christ's teachings!
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

Blessed wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:00 pmYour emotional buzzwords about Jim Crow laws are not relative to the U.S. being a Christian nation. At that time white people chose to separate from blacks in every possible way but I don't see how that relates to the U.S. being a Christian nation. Seems like two separate issues.
Seriously? you don't find any inconsistencies between using the threat of violence and the force of law to disenfranchise, impoverish, and marginalize Black citizens, and the teachings of Jesus Christ? Really? Separate issues?
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Blessed: "I don't see how that relates to the U.S. being a Christian nation."
So, WHAT exactly is a Christian NATION? Is it one in which a significant majority of people CALLED or CALL themselves Christians - many of whom are merely cultural Christians, raised with an exterior of Christian religiosity and self-identification, yet are not true committed followers submitted to Jesus? Or is it a nation in which the vast majority have sincere, committed and obedient faith in Christ? Because there is an IMMENSE difference. And let's be clear - many people past AND present who HAVE been Christians, yet ones who have nonetheless sinfully gone against the teachings of Christ. ALL Christians are sinners. And many non-Christians are often show basic decency and morals in how they treat others (yes, and many do not). But I would say, at best, 1/3 of the U.S. MIGHT be Christians today. And, today, as in yesteryear, there are m any who ascribe to Christian self-identification and have a political / cultural Christianity with certain views - but that are in no way truly Christians - although they THINK they are.
Blessed
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Blessed »

[/quote]

We could ask you a similar question: Why are you on a Christian website, when you have a problem with Jesus being God?
[/quote]

I do not have any negative emotional feelings about Jesus being God.

The Bible says that Jesus is the Son of God. It makes this very clear.
Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

Philip wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:12 am Why would ANY Christian, who supposedly would want to see people come to Christ and be saved from an eternity apart from God, not want unbelievers to be here? Unless a person is continually disruptive or here just for attacking people (as opposed to just challenging their beliefs), just to stir up arguments - ALL are welcome. To not see the importance of unbelievers coming to a Christian website shows me a person who is either not a Christian or they totally do not understand Christ's teachings!
I want unbelievers here. I was just asking him why. I was just curious. That's all. He answered my question.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

edwardmurphy wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:14 am
Blessed wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:00 pmYour emotional buzzwords about Jim Crow laws are not relative to the U.S. being a Christian nation. At that time white people chose to separate from blacks in every possible way but I don't see how that relates to the U.S. being a Christian nation. Seems like two separate issues.
Seriously? you don't find any inconsistencies between using the threat of violence and the force of law to disenfranchise, impoverish, and marginalize Black citizens, and the teachings of Jesus Christ? Really? Separate issues?
Ed, it is 2018 not the 1960's anymore - you might need to change your calendar...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

edwardmurphy wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:52 am
There was a time, long ago now, when I liked to come here and argue about religion. These days I mostly avoid the religion and use this site as a place to talk politics with a group of people who see the world completely differently from the way that I see it. If I didn't come here then I'd never have heard of Q and the Storm, or read articles from the Blaze, the National Review, or the Gateway Pundit (to name a few).

The thing is, most of the folks who blast the MSM, criticize NPR as biased, or insist that Breitbart and the NY Post are pretty much identical are coming from a position of ignorance. They don't watch CNN, listen to NPR, or read the Post. They just listen to Hannity, Limbaugh, Ingram and the rest stating those opinions, and then they accept them as their own and repeat them.

I don't want to get all of my news from Huffington Post, MSNBC, and Mother Jones. I don't want to live in an echo chamber. I'm willing to have my views challenged. So I come here, where I can just about guarantee that if I say the sky is blue somebody will disagree (and perhaps call me a Deep State provocateur or some such thing).

In short, I come here because I think there's some value in being exposed to others' opinions even if I almost always disagree.
y:-?
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

edwardmurphy wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:52 am

Why can't you realize that nobody denies there is bias on both sides,but that liberals and the liberal MSM are on the Democrats side and they slant the news to benefit the Democrat Party all while acting non-biased. Yes,conservatives are biased too but they admit they are a conservative and even try to explain and teach why it is good for America. The liberal MSM you like does not do this,instead they twist the news to help the Democrat Party and when it is Trump,they forget all about how much they hated and smeared George W Bush over the IRaq War and now side with him,in their opposition to Trump.

It really proves that both parties are controlled by the Deep State and this is why liberals have got everything they have wanted politically no matter which party is in power,for the last 60 years. You even brag and point out the victories you're side has and yet conservatives have nothing to show for all of the years of voting for Republicans who claimed they were Christians, pro-life,pro-family and conservative,and yet nothing to show at all. And you wonder why under dog Trump won over all of them polticians? It is a no-brainer as your parties policies you seem to like so much are very bad for the majority of Americans and liberalism has been rejected.

You and your party has'nt figured this out yet,and niether has the Republican Party too,as they still want to allow you liberals to get everything you want,but Trump won't let them,and is teaching them how to fight and win politically,but they are slow learners.If the Republican are elephants and the Democrats are donkeys,Trump is a Lion.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

B. W. wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:51 pmI didn't read the thread, so I'm just going to blurt out a non sequitur.
Saw that one coming...
Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

Of course I find an inconsistency! But I don't understand how these two issues are at all related. Your saying when the U.S. was a Christian nation blacks were marginalized. But back in the 1950's-1960's wasn't the African American illegitimacy rate was less than 10%. Today it's over 70% and blacks fill the prisons? Black unemployment was low. Today it is higher.

But I am getting offtrack here because I don't understand how these 2 things are related. I was saying the U.S. used to be a Christian nation and I found an dining menu where the Lord's Prayer is said before the meal. And you started talking about racism. I don't understand.
Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

Philip wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:54 am
Blessed: "I don't see how that relates to the U.S. being a Christian nation."
So, WHAT exactly is a Christian NATION? Is it one in which a significant majority of people CALLED or CALL themselves Christians - many of whom are merely cultural Christians, raised with an exterior of Christian religiosity and self-identification, yet are not true committed followers submitted to Jesus? Or is it a nation in which the vast majority have sincere, committed and obedient faith in Christ? Because there is an IMMENSE difference. And let's be clear - many people past AND present who HAVE been Christians, yet ones who have nonetheless sinfully gone against the teachings of Christ. ALL Christians are sinners. And many non-Christians are often show basic decency and morals in how they treat others (yes, and many do not). But I would say, at best, 1/3 of the U.S. MIGHT be Christians today. And, today, as in yesteryear, there are m any who ascribe to Christian self-identification and have a political / cultural Christianity with certain views - but that are in no way truly Christians - although they THINK they are.

Ok .. so you're saying this is me... that I'm not really a Christian .. :(
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Blessed wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:33 pm
Of course I find an inconsistency! But I don't understand how these two issues are at all related. Your saying when the U.S. was a Christian nation blacks were marginalized. But back in the 1950's-1960's wasn't the African American illegitimacy rate was less than 10%. Today it's over 70% and blacks fill the prisons? Black unemployment was low. Today it is higher.

But I am getting offtrack here because I don't understand how these 2 things are related. I was saying the U.S. used to be a Christian nation and I found an dining menu where the Lord's Prayer is said before the meal. And you started talking about racism. I don't understand.
In the 18th and 19th centuries, I'd guess that the black unemployment rate was next to zero. Almost all blacks were "working" in their "jobs". Ah...those were the days...
:shock:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

RickD wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:25 am
Blessed wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:33 pm

In the 18th and 19th centuries, I'd guess that the black unemployment rate was next to zero. Almost all blacks were "working" in their "jobs". Ah...those were the days...
:shock:
LOL With comments like that you are going to send all the liberal snowflakes reading this to their 'Cry Closets' :lol:

UNIVERSITY OFFERS ‘CRY CLOSET’ FOR STRESSED-OUT SNOWFLAKES
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.