Russian Jet Shot Down by Syrian Rebels

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
1over137
Technical Admin
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Russian Jet Shot Down by Syrian Rebels

Post by 1over137 »

talking about veganism - many people heal their cancers on it
my teacher of theoretical physics is on it 1 year, feels better, has better blood results, his wife's breast cancer has not returned (not mentioning all the scientific background he has learned and collected)
i wish i was on it myself - step by step

For anyone intersted - great book for start is "China Study"
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by BavarianWheels »

Kurieuo wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:28 am
BavarianWheels wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:29 am
RickD wrote:Let that be a lesson to all you vegan SDA.
I know more vegan non-SDAs than vegan SDAs.

Veganism is HOT in Los Angeles...and it's not the SDAs 'promoting' it. It actually tends to be, in my experience at least, a stereotype of the LGBTQ lifestyle and millennials in general. Go figure.
Oh, I figured you a long time ago Bav. ;) y:-?
That's why you lead...
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

It's good your back, always like seeing older members revisit. I'd left for a couple years myself some time back.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

New respect for Tucker Carlson:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSGf2ZpDENU
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Attention boys and girls,

If you want to grow up and be rich, get into the business of war. There's big money in war.

Signed,

Uncle Sam
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

Let me say something nice about Trump.
I believe his response to the Syrian chemical weapons attack last year was appropriate, and I am cautiously optimistic that his response to this most recent chemical weapons attack by Syria will also be appropriate.

Israel already put in their .02 pretty quickly.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

And this - Cal Thomas is a conservative Christian, evangelical commentator:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/04/ ... syria.html
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Of course you would Db. The neocon response isn't much different from democrat. Bomb first, ask for evidence later. Evidence doesn't exit? Continue blowing smoke. Repeat.

It is interesting to me, whenever US takes military action that there is a bump in the polls.
DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

...deleted...
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

RickD wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:24 am Attention boys and girls,

If you want to grow up and be rich, get into the business of war. There's big money in war.

Signed,

Uncle Sam
Yes, Australia is cottoning onto this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhfqQzMVJxI
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

We can't let the chemical weapons attack emotionally draw us into a civil war. Conventional weaponry has long done far worse over there - and we've not had a huge presence. Yes, it's horrible. The biggest danger I see of pulling out totally is that Iran, it's flunkies like Hezbollah, and it's Russian allies will be in control - with Iran eager to cause more mayhem abroad, as they despise Israel and the Saudis. The U.S. and West are not going to unseat the bad guys because A) they are unwilling to commit boots to the ground, and B) it'll end up ultimately stranding the U.S. as another relentless target, just like in Iraq. So, the question is, what makes the country the most stable? We don't have enough of a presence or desire to wade in on a serious level. The Russians are really stuck there. If Assad is pushed out, without anyone to stop them, the Iranians and their rebel allies will likely have a new based to grow their power and launch attacks from. Once again, the Kurds will get the shaft. It's just another Islamic Geo-Political war of its tribes.

It's difficult to see strong reasons to be more than a buffer for Israel and the Kurds, perhaps waiting out a political settlement that thwarts Iran's ambitions. So, abandonment might be a bad idea, but ramping up to defeat Assad - what if we did? Iraq II, Libya II, that's what! You've got ancient tribalism and Islam animosities fueled by 21 century weapons and Russian opportunists. This is the hellhole neighborhood Israel lives in - and yet people judge them harshly??? It's seems the core belief of all Islamists is having other rivals to hate - other Islamists as much as Western ones.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Philip wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:33 pm We can't let the chemical weapons attack emotionally draw us into a civil war. Conventional weaponry has long done far worse over there - and we've not had a huge presence. Yes, it's horrible. The biggest danger I see of pulling out totally is that Iran, it's flunkies like Hezbollah, and it's Russian allies will be in control - with Iran eager to cause more mayhem abroad, as they despise Israel and the Saudis. The U.S. and West are not going to unseat the bad guys because A) they are unwilling to commit boots to the ground, and B) it'll end up ultimately stranding the U.S. as another relentless target, just like in Iraq. So, the question is, what makes the country the most stable? We don't have enough of a presence or desire to wade in on a serious level. The Russians are really stuck there. If Assad is pushed out, without anyone to stop them, the Iranians and their rebel allies will likely have a new based to grow their power and launch attacks from. Once again, the Kurds will get the shaft. It's just another Islamic Geo-Political war of its tribes.

It's difficult to see strong reasons to be more than a buffer for Israel and the Kurds, perhaps waiting out a political settlement that thwarts Iran's ambitions. So, abandonment might be a bad idea, but ramping up to defeat Assad - what if we did? Iraq II, Libya II, that's what! You've got ancient tribalism and Islam animosities fueled by 21 century weapons and Russian opportunists. This is the hellhole neighborhood Israel lives in - and yet people judge them harshly??? It's seems the core belief of all Islamists is having other rivals to hate - other Islamists as much as Western ones.

You may need to go back to my previous posts in this thread concerning Syria where I said the Deep State wants to keep us in Syria and to look out for attacks to try to get us to stay in Syria but Trump is going to pull the troops out and bring them home. This was a Deep State attack to blame on Assad and Trump is playing along for now with the media,etc like he did with North Korea.He talked tough about Kim Jong Un too,do you remember and yet no war but peace. Trump is always two-steps ahead of everybody against him and it is an awesome strategy.

Have you noticed North Korea is alot more peaceful by the way? Because Trump has been working with China to calm Kim Jong Un down. We are doing US military drills and yet Kim is not firing any more missiles. Trump is bringing peace between South and North Korea something all the nay-sayers said He could not do and he's dealing with China like he said he would do during the election too.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

I don't know Abe, the US military looks to be gearing up from news I've heard. Ships with tomahawk missiles sailing to Middle East, trying to fly drones presumably to identify targets to bomb, etc. The US looks to be gearing up to unleash some fire and fury, but right now seems to be intelligence gathering and working out where to strike.

Israel has already set the tone bombing Iranian targets after the chemical attack. Nice distraction from its own Gaza conflict. Also, with France increasing it's own military in Syria, UK blaming Russia for its own chemical attack and like. I see a head-to-head confrontation as inevitable, its just a matter of whether enough justification has been given to increase public sentiment in the West for full on military action.

There's only so many times you can let Trump wash his hands and blame the deep state. It feels to me like there will be a confrontation within the next couple of weeks which Trump has green-lighted. Russia has drawn a line saying no more strikes by the US-Coalition in Syria, and any bombings will be met with retaliation. Israel's attack was unexpected and the Israel-Russia relationship appears to be treated separately on its own terms, so there's a certain other tolerance there. If the US however attacks Syria and thereby crosses the line Russia has clearly drawn, I do believe Russia will hit back.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Abe, it seems inevitable given Trump's latest comments. Watch Trump surge in the polls as he continues talking big and launches missile strikes in Syria. Stormy who again? y:-?
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Trump does not want an entrenched Syria involvement. And even if he did, there's is overwhelming sentiment in the U.S., across the political spectrum, to not repeat the mistake of Iraq. Really, what is the incentive for this? Now, might Trump like to bloody Assad's nose and stop civilian attacks - he very well might. But the danger is that calculated, limited measures can lead to blundering into a war. What the U.S. wants is containment of that war within the borders until a political settlement can carve up Syria. The only way to remove Assad would be to take on the Russians and Iran's proxies. Not to mention, if that were successful, it would only intensify the war and spur on the various competing factions. Politically, getting immersed in another stupid quagmire would be a disaster for the Republicans. So, unless blundered into, I can't see a plan to take out Assad - there is ZERO support for what that would ultimately involve. The idea that there are "peaceful" rebels that would be capable of sustaining a peace is delusional. I think that lesson has been learned as well - hopefully.