Hmmm, S***hole indeed...

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Hmmm, S***hole indeed...

Post by PaulSacramento »

This isn't so much about the alleged comments made by US President Trump but more an observation, case anyone things that calling a place a s***hole is a metaphor:

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles ... right.html

Excerpt:
Three weeks after college, I flew to Senegal, West Africa, to run a community center in a rural town. Life was placid, with no danger, except to your health. That danger was considerable, because it was, in the words of the Peace Corps doctor, "a fecalized environment."

In plain English: s--- is everywhere. People defecate on the open ground, and the feces is blown with the dust – onto you, your clothes, your food, the water. He warned us the first day of training: do not even touch water. Human feces carries parasites that bore through your skin and cause organ failure.

Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined that a few decades later, liberals would be pushing the lie that Western civilization is no better than a third-world country. Or would teach two generations of our kids that loving your own culture and wanting to preserve it are racism.

Last time I was in Paris, I saw a beautiful African woman in a grand boubou have her child defecate on the sidewalk next to Notre Dame Cathedral. The French police officer, ten steps from her, turned his head not to see.

I have seen. I am not turning my head and pretending unpleasant things are not true.

Senegal was not a hellhole. Very poor people can lead happy, meaningful lives in their own cultures' terms. But they are not our terms. The excrement is the least of it. Our basic ideas of human relations, right and wrong, are incompatible.

As a twenty-one-year-old starting out in the Peace Corps, I loved Senegal. In fact, I was euphoric. I quickly made friends and had an adopted family. I relished the feeling of the brotherhood of man. People were open, willing to share their lives and, after they knew you, their innermost thoughts.

The longer I lived there, the more I understood: it became blindingly obvious that the Senegalese are not the same as us. The truths we hold to be self-evident are not evident to the Senegalese. How could they be? Their reality is totally different. You can't understand anything in Senegal using American terms.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles ... z54XTaug7r
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook
Please read the whole article.

This echos what some of my friends coming back from Afghanistan said about the air quality there too.
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member

Re: Hmmm, S***hole indeed...

Post by Hortator »

My personal definition for a....hole in the ground country is this: If your country disappeared tomorrow, and the world was better off without it, it’s a hole in the ground.

North Korea is a perfect example of a hole in the ground country. And yes, there are plenty of others.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

PaulSacramento,

It's a shame that you would use your white privilege to spout racist comments like these.

I am notifying BLM of your IP address, so they can pay you a visit.

Signed,

Snowflake SJW
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Hortator »

RickD wrote:PaulSacramento,

It's a shame that you would use your white privilege to spout racist comments like these.

Signed,

Snowflake SJW
The bitcoin bikers just doxed his cat. He’s going to have to hide in the Philippines
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

His cat?
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Signed,

Snowflake SJW
BLM?
Bacon, Lettuce and Mayo ?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

PaulSacramento wrote:

Signed,

Snowflake SJW
BLM?
Bacon, Lettuce and Mayo ?
Listen Honky,

Your white privilege opinion is meaningless to me.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Please address me as Cracker.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

Glad you guys have a safe place to do that.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

edwardmurphy wrote:Glad you guys have a safe place to do that.
I identify myself not as a "guy" but as Two Spirit , please address me accordingly.
Under Bill C16, if you don't, I can view that as hate speech.

Thank you for your understanding.
yp**==
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Hortator »

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-42843897

Even though he never said it, Afghanistan is, indeed, a hole in the ground.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

And such societies are always going to have this threat, as long as a significant portion of it's citizens take the Quran seriously - as a plain reading of it seeds hatred and violence. In fact, the so-called moderate Muslims don't embrace the obvious meanings, as they see such things as evil (and rightly so) - even though that is precisely what the Quran teaches, from a plain reading. I don't think you'll ever stamp out the extremism, not as long as the Quran remains the main guide of any society.
LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

Philip wrote:

And such societies are always going to have this threat, as long as a significant portion of it's citizens take the Quran seriously - as a plain reading of it seeds hatred and violence. In fact, the so-called moderate Muslims don't embrace the obvious meanings, as they see such things as evil (and rightly so) - even though that is precisely what the Quran teaches, from a plain reading. I don't think you'll ever stamp out the extremism, not as long as the Quran remains the main guide of any society.
I believe "egotism" is the cause of all misery. It brings about extremism, war, fighting, hatred, fear, separation, envy - all the bad stuff. This is regardless of religion. Egotistical desires, for example, want to control, possess, gratify, glorify, exalt the self.

"What man exalts on earth is an abomination to God" - bible

A simple example would be something like taking illicit drugs. The ego loves taking certain drugs. Why? Because it boosts the ego even more ! Where does it lead to? - to sickness, misery, destruction.

The antidote is by realizing truths like this, by purifying the emotions, proper love, and giving service according the will of the Holy Spirit. Not by embroiling the self in activities that constantly boost the ego and the sense of self-importance. Work with the Holy Spirit and as St. Paul said .."Don't frustrate the spirit of Grace"

Egotism is just one of the tools used by St. Lucifer (the keeper of duality) to keep us separate from out true nature and God.

I wonder - is that egotism represented by the Dragon in the picture of "Saint George and the Dragon" ?

If it is ......he killed it :clap:
56435647657.jpg
56435647657.jpg (11.33 KiB) Viewed 3723 times
Has Liked: 1111 times
Been Liked: 1111 times
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

"Saint Lucifer" nope he aint a saint.
LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:"Saint Lucifer" nope he aint a saint.
Agreed :-)
Has Liked: 1111 times
Been Liked: 1111 times