The souls of aborted fetuses

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: The souls of aborted fetuses

Post by Philip »

a human baby 10 weeks in the womb is a baby just as valuable as one 20 weeks in the womb, just as valuable as one 30 weeks in the womb, just as value as a newly born baby.
Absolutely, the second of fertilization, a human life exists, which continues until his last breath - with every step along that pathway - from being a tiny mass of cells / pre-born to newborn to an old man as he expires - HUMAN, made in God's image, precious!
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

No, its not about me making a distinction, it's what was brought to the table. If someone wants to say a it's a fetus, that is there choice and it's up to us whether we will answer the question or not.

It's a seperate issue obviously for the author of the thread, and that was why I was answering as such.

I don't think keeping with his/her line of thought is wrong (regardless of whether we agree). If they want to make a distinction, that is their right.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Anyway, my answer would be, they go to be with their creator who created them at conception and even thought about them before the foundations of the world were laid.
Last edited by Nessa on Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Ultimate777, the OP of this thread has been banned. Can we get rid of this thread?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

RickD wrote:Ultimate777, the OP of this thread has been banned. Can we get rid of this thread?
You're the mod...
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

also there's nothing wrong with making distinctions in my opinion.

We make distinctions all the time between humans. It's when we start to do more than make distinctions and cause evil.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote:also there's nothing wrong with making distinctions in my opinion.

We make distinctions all the time between humans. It's when we start to do more than make distinctions and cause evil.
IMO,

The only reason he would make a distinction in the question, would be because he thinks there's a distinction, or someone who asked him, thinks there's a distinction.

Personally, I would've never thought of seeing it that way.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Nessa wrote:No, its not about me making a distinction, it's what was brought to the table. If someone wants to say a it's a fetus, that is there choice and it's up to us whether we will answer the question or not.
As mentioned in my previous post, "fetus" in Latin refers to a "offspring", "little child". That you see a distinction between "fetus" and a baby born, evidences to me you've taken on board certain pro-choice rhertoric -- and I find this worthwhile exploring with you no matter how prickly you might feel I'm being, right? ;) You can choose not to if that is your preference.

To be clear on the rhetoric I see taken on board, it is that in the minds of English-speaking the Latin word "fetus" seems to conjure up something distinct to a human baby when really there isn't one. Let me quote from that blog article I previously linked to:
Fetus is a Latin word variously translated “offspring,” “young one,” or “little child.” Though fetus was once a good word that spoke of a young human being, it is now used with a subhuman connotation. Referring to the fetus allows us not to use the B-word (baby). The prochoice movement labors to avoid the B-word for it reminds us of the reality that abortion kills a child. This reality must be denied at all costs, because anyone who is understood to be arguing for the right to kill babies is fighting an uphill battle.

It is scientifically inaccurate to say an embryo or fetus is not a human being or doesn’t have worth simply because she’s at an earlier stage of development than a born infant. This is like saying that a toddler is not a human being—or is less of a human being—because she is not yet an adolescent. Or that an adolescent is not a human being because she is not yet an adult. Stage of development has nothing to do with human worth. Sadly, many people in our culture today have chosen to ignore this fact in order to justify abortion.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

RickD wrote:Ultimate777, the OP of this thread has been banned. Can we get rid of this thread?
Why? I'm not responding to U777 and its progressed beyond his foolishness. Certain discussions are good to be had, no matter how prickly people might find them, because they help everyone to learn or at least reflect upon their beliefs.
LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

There are special prayers for undeveloped souls held in purgatory, etc...

e.g.
"Eternal Father, I offer You the most Precious Blood of Your Divine Son, Jesus Christ, in union with the Masses said today, for all the Holy Souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the Universal Church, those in my own home and within my family." Amen.

Many souls languish in purgatory because no one prays for them. I'm sure there are other versions around. But this one works. y[-o<

edit: Origin of this prayer - Our Lord told Saint Gertrude the Great that this prayer would release 1,000 souls from Purgatory each time it is said. The prayer was later extended to include living sinners as well.
Has Liked: 1111 times
Been Liked: 1111 times
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Oh yes, the :incense: aka Roman Catholic Cult. :poke:
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

Philip wrote:
a human baby 10 weeks in the womb is a baby just as valuable as one 20 weeks in the womb, just as valuable as one 30 weeks in the womb, just as value as a newly born baby.
Absolutely, the second of fertilization, a human life exists, which continues until his last breath - with every step along that pathway - from being a tiny mass of cells / pre-born to newborn to an old man as he expires - HUMAN, made in God's image, precious!
And still a human even after in another realm.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female

Post by Storyteller »

I hope this thread stays. The discussions on this board about abortion, the rights of a mother to abort their baby (or not) and when human life begins changed my veiws.
I used to believe it was down to the individual, that it should be their choice. After reading and discussing on here i came to see that abortion is murder.
As for when life begins, it begins the second of fertlilization. I lost four babies, one before I even knew i was pregnant and there is no difference to me. Sure, losing, or aborting, a baby at say 4 weeks as opposed to 12 weeks, is different but only because people can kid themselves the baby is merely a collection of cells as if that makes it okay. We are all a collection of cells.

It makes sense to me that the souls of aborted babies go to heaven as I dont think they will have rejected Christ.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

LittleHamster wrote:There are special prayers for undeveloped souls held in purgatory, etc...

e.g.
"Eternal Father, I offer You the most Precious Blood of Your Divine Son, Jesus Christ, in union with the Masses said today, for all the Holy Souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the Universal Church, those in my own home and within my family." Amen.

Many souls languish in purgatory because no one prays for them. I'm sure there are other versions around. But this one works. y[-o<

edit: Origin of this prayer - Our Lord told Saint Gertrude the Great that this prayer would release 1,000 souls from Purgatory each time it is said. The prayer was later extended to include living sinners as well.
How would that prayer be for the unborn who have died? That prayer is for sinners. How has an unborn human sinned?

I think you need to recheck your Catholic book o' prayers.

:lol:

-Edward R Murrow

Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

LittleHamster wrote:There are special prayers for undeveloped souls held in purgatory, etc...

e.g.

Are you joking?

Purgatory doesn't exist. It is a man-made place, made up by the Catholic Church. It is no where in the Bible.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.