Regretting one's vote (or lack of it)

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Regretting one's vote (or lack of it)

Post by Hortator »

This is Ultimately what happens when you start from a political belief as your North Star. Your spiritual belief becomes influenced by your political opinion as opposed to the other way around.

Ultimate777 I am always apt to disagree with you, but don’t do something you may eternally regret. Love God first.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

ultimate777 wrote:I wonder how many people who didn't vote against Trump wish they had and how many people who didn't vote for Trump wish they had?
How can one vote for candidates who support murder of the unborn?
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
ultimate777
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by ultimate777 »

Philip wrote:
777: How did Satan come to exist
He's a created being - read up on it.
777: and was it known what he would do
Of course - God is all-knowing - what does that tell you?
777: and could he have been allowed not to come into existence
or did his creator simply have no choice?
Your questions appear to indicate you've not studied Scripture sufficiently - else, why these "allowed" and "no choice" questions?
I didn't want to imply that God was evil. Does the fact that God did or allowed something keep it from being evil?
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

777: Does the fact that God did or allowed something keep it from being evil?
These are two different questions.

God does nor causes any evil - so NOTHING He ever does - even allowing evil, is evil. First thing, if he did now allow evil actions, we could not sin, as we could not have free will without the potential to do evil. Again, God knows all - He never allows evil simply so evil will thrive or accomplish its goals - He always has an eternal view as to what the outcomes He knows they will produce. Across Scripture, God has also used one evil entity to punish another. He brought immense good out of orchestrating the freely followed evil intentions of Joseph's brothers, of Judas' betray of Christ - but only He can know and accomplish such - He is sovereign over ALL!

777, what do you think - can God cause evil? Does He do evil? Why the question?
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

ultimate777 wrote:I wonder how many people who didn't vote against Trump wish they had and how many people who didn't vote for Trump wish they had?
You haven't told us who you voted for....
You're so anti-Trump, but who did you vote for in the primaries and general election?
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

Stu wrote:
You're so anti-Trump, but who did you vote for in the primaries and general election?
I proudly voted for Hillary.

Any 2 votes taken from Trump and not given to Hillary in the same state equal one vote taken from Trump and given to Hillary and vice versa.
ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

Philip wrote:
777: Does the fact that God did or allowed something keep it from being evil?
These are two different questions.

God does nor causes any evil - so NOTHING He ever does - even allowing evil, is evil. First thing, if he did now allow evil actions, we could not sin, as we could not have free will without the potential to do evil

So?

Again, God knows all - He never allows evil simply so evil will thrive or accomplish its goals

Hannibal Lector would say the same thing about himself. So wouid Dexter Morgan with much more justification.

- He always has an eternal view as to what the outcomes He knows they will produce. Across Scripture, God has also used one evil entity to punish another. He brought immense good out of orchestrating the freely followed evil intentions of Joseph's brothers, of Judas' betray of Christ - but only He can know and accomplish such - He is sovereign over ALL!

777, what do you think - can God cause evil? Does He do evil? Why the question?
That I don't know what made evil evil and good good. God does so many things that humans would be condemned for.
Does might make right?

Sovereignty is useless without the ability to resort to brute force. And that's not to knock sovereignty.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

ultimate777 wrote:
Stu wrote:

Any 2 votes taken from Trump and not given to Hillary in the same state equal one vote taken from Trump and given to Hillary and vice versa.
But she's very pro abortion. In fact she's proud of it. How can you possibly vote for someone like that??
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

ultimate777 wrote:
Stu wrote:

This explains it all, doesn't it? :shakehead:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.