Regretting one's vote (or lack of it)

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
ultimate777
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Regretting one's vote (or lack of it)

Post by ultimate777 »

I wonder how many people who didn't vote against Trump wish they had and how many people who didn't vote for Trump wish they had?
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Regretting one's vote (or lack of it)

Post by abelcainsbrother »

ultimate777 wrote:I wonder how many people who didn't vote against Trump wish they had and how many people who didn't vote for Trump wish they had?

I don't see how any Christian can now doubt their vote for Trump.I mean just based on how he has given the church back its free speech is more than any other party or President has done ever.Donald Trump understands that the church has lost its effectiveness when it comes to politics and he actually wants Christians to get involved in politics because he knows we can make a powerful political impact politically.

But he cannot make us but he has given the church the tools it needs to make a real impact politically and yet half of all Christians seem to be taking it for granted or just not realizing what Trump has actually done for the church.

Especially when the christian church has been so attacked by liberalism to where Christians are afraid of their own shadow,afraid to take a stand because it is controversial,etc,or they'll lose their tax exempt status to where money is more important than taking a stand.

But Christian ministries can actually preach from the pulpit about sin and even endorse political candidates and can make a political case for voting for God-fearing people for our leaders and not lose their tax-exempt status,thanks to Donald Trump.

This is huge that many in the church are overlooking and yet they sit around and point out all of the sin and evil in America,even claiming that God is angry at America and is going to pour out judgment on America,etc while they sit there not lifting a finger to change anything. God is angry at them too,not the world,but Christians who refuse to take a stand against the evil and immorality we all see. And Christians are the majority in this country and we could make a positive impact on America,and yet we have'nt.We have allowed evil to push us around,instead of the other way around.
Last edited by abelcainsbrother on Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

U777: I wonder how many people who didn't vote against Trump wish they had and how many people who didn't vote for Trump wish they had?
Well, while it's not an indication God thinks Trump is a great guy, we do know, however, that HE is the one Who ultimately put him in office - maybe he gave us a combination of what we collectively need PLUS what we actually deserve? y:-?

BTW, Ultimate, you might feel a bit more at peace about things if you more so viewed events, circumstances and our well being more through a spiritual lens, than a political one. We were never promised political peace on earth - so why should we expect it? And why would we ever hope for peace to come through what it cannot ever produce, except perhaps temporarily?
ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

Philip wrote:
U777: I wonder how many people who didn't vote against Trump wish they had and how many people who didn't vote for Trump wish they had?
Well, while it's not an indication God thinks Trump is a great guy, we do know, however, that HE is the one Who ultimately put him in office - maybe he gave us a combination of what we collectively need PLUS what we actually deserve? y:-?

BTW, Ultimate, you might feel a bit more at peace about things if you more so viewed events, circumstances and our well being more through a spiritual lens, than a political one. We were never promised political peace on earth - so why should we expect it? And why would we ever hope for peace to come through what it cannot ever produce, except perhaps temporarily?

The Russians are coming in a few days, Philip, get out of the Fuhrerbunker while you still can. You know what they have in store for you. Leave The Big Man to his fate. Head west the British and Americans have nothing against you.
Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

Uh oh. Religion and politics.

I voted for Trump. My only issue is that he doesn't seem to be more radical in doing what he was elected to.

He was not elected to tweet about the NFL, fake news, Obama, the election, white house drama or start a war.

He was elected as a populist for a radical change. The first populist President in American history as matter of fact. I know things take time and he is being blocked at every turn by the pond scum in D.C. but he needs to get more radical doing what he was elected to do.

Also.. I noticed .... as have others .... Allot of people .... Everyone .... said Merry Christmas this year. Not "Happy Holidays" or some other such culturally debasing PC term. Not sure why Trunp would get any credit for this but oddly enough it's something myself and others noticed and I was very happy this year to hear so many strangers saying Merry Christmas.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Ultimate: The Russians are coming in a few days, Philip, get out of the Fuhrerbunker while you still can. You know what they have in store for you. Leave The Big Man to his fate. Head west the British and Americans have nothing against you.
Guess you don't believe what Scripture says about Who installs kings and leaders?
ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

Philip wrote:
Ultimate: The Russians are coming in a few days, Philip, get out of the Fuhrerbunker while you still can. You know what they have in store for you. Leave The Big Man to his fate. Head west the British and Americans have nothing against you.
Guess you don't believe what Scripture says about Who installs kings and leaders?

Some no-goodnicks asked Jesus a question and Matthew 22:15-22 is what happened.

Not exactly a direct answer.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

ultimate777 wrote:
Philip wrote:

Romans 13:1
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

RickD wrote:
ultimate777 wrote:
Philip wrote:

And the interesting thing about this passage is...
Care to guess who the Caesar was at the time Paul wrote this admonition?
His beastliness, Nero Caesar.

As Rick points out, God is sovereign, and whether we understand why or not, God has placed the rulers we have in power for a reason.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

And John 19:11, Jesus responding to Pontius Pilate:

"Jesus answered him, “You would have no authority over me at all unless it had been given you from above."

Note also that Jesus submitted Himself to Pilate's authority, per A) God having given Pilate his authority, and B) per God's divine plan for Jesus to die and then be resurrected.

No, we don't know why God gives some monsters' their authority or position - but then again, we don't know what God does, nor His plans. We can know that God's plans are for the good of those who love Him, or eventually will love Him.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

DBowling wrote:
RickD wrote:
ultimate777 wrote:
Philip wrote:

As Rick points out, God is sovereign, and whether we understand why or not, God has placed the rulers we have in power for a reason.
No He has not. Sometimes God intervenes, sometimes he does not. Sometimes it's just good ol' free will that determines who comes into office. Unless it's rigged of course.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

Stu wrote:
DBowling wrote:
RickD wrote:
ultimate777 wrote:
Philip wrote:

No He has not. Sometimes God intervenes, sometimes he does not. Sometimes it's just good ol' free will that determines who comes into office. Unless it's rigged of course.
I have to disagree with you strongly on this one...
God is sovereign... period... Scripture teaches that clearly.
Romans 13:1 which Rick pointed to makes this very clear and unambigious
Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God.
Now the philosophical question you bring up deals with the relationship between the sovereignty of God and the free will of man.
There are those who do not think that both can coexist.
I disagree. I believe that Scripture teaches both the sovereignty of God and the free will of man.
Since man is restricted to linear time and God exists and operates outside of time, I do not believe God's sovereignty is in any way limited by man's free choice.

So does man have free choice?
Yes
Is God sovereign?
Yes
Are all authorities (both good and evil) "established by God"?
Yes
Does God allow people to pay the consequences (both good and bad) of their choices?
Yes
Does God at times intervene in supernatural ways?
Yes
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

DB: Now the philosophical question you bring up deals with the relationship between the sovereignty of God and the free will of man.
There are those who do not think that both can coexist.
I disagree. I believe that Scripture teaches both the sovereignty of God and the free will of man.
Since man is restricted to linear time and God exists and operates outside of time, I do not believe God's sovereignty is in any way limited by man's free choice.
If man does not have free will, then his sin cannot be blamed upon him freely choosing to commit it. Either a person freely chooses a sinful action, or it was chosen for him. God does not sin, nor does He cause it. And why would God be angry at men for sinning and rejecting Him, unless they freely choose these things. Further, if God caused sins of men, then why would He be angry? Why would he expect and command that people avoid sin?

Scripture teaches both: That God is sovereign over EVERYTHING, that man has free will (but not unfettered free will - we can't fly, etc.), but as He wants us to FREELY choose to love Him, and as He didn't desire to create mindless "robots," thus He allowed humans free will - which meant that, at some point after they came into existence, men would begin to sin. But God always foreknew that, and He also always had a plan to deal with that. Just as Judas freely betrayed Jesus, and God always knew if, given the opportunity, that he would. But God walking the earth as Jesus, could have eliminated Judas from those He called. Why? Because God can also use evil persons and their plans to bring about HIS plans. The Crucifixion occurred precisely when God desired it to - it was no happenstance. The present time will end when and exactly as God desires it to - as men are often God's vessels to accomplish His purposes and players in the events that lead to their accomplishment. It doesn't mean that men who freely choose evil, don't have a far different intent in their evil plans than God does - no, they choose their evil FREELY. And God sovereignly accomplishes, no matter the plans of a man.
DB: So does man have free choice?
Yes
Is God sovereign?
Yes
Are all authorities (both good and evil) "established by God"?
Yes
Does God allow people to pay the consequences (both good and bad) of their choices?
Yes
Does God at times intervene in supernatural ways?
Yes
DB checked all the boxes correctly, per Scripture!
ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

How did Satan come to exist and was it known what he would do and could he have been allowed not to come into existence
or did his creator simply have no choice?
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

777: How did Satan come to exist
He's a created being - read up on it.
777: and was it known what he would do
Of course - God is all-knowing - what does that tell you?
777: and could he have been allowed not to come into existence
or did his creator simply have no choice?
Your questions appear to indicate you've not studied Scripture sufficiently - else, why these "allowed" and "no choice" questions?