North Korea: It Ain't Good!

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

North Korea: It Ain't Good!

Post by Philip »

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/08/08 ... -says.html

Don and co. best be very smart and exceptionally careful. Fat Boy's been shooting off at the mouth for a long time now. Yes, being militarily proactive has great risk and potential downsides. But if the guy is a loony who ends up pulling the trigger first - really, that's also an enormous risk. But what has now changed the landscape is, we now have alarming new intel per NK's latest nuclear capabilities. But the fact that he keeps pushing with apocalyptic statements alongside constant new tests - really, this makes me question his sanity. It makes no sense why he would continue to inflame with rhetoric and testing that only makes his own power and personal safety much more precarious. And now, with another billion in sanctions, per the U.N. vote - he's quickly slitting his own throat. I mean, if all his words and actions are merely designed to gain advantages - economic and otherwise, with the West - it makes no sense, as he's now gone FAR beyond what is needed for that motivation. He's also made himself a marked man within NK - as they all know he could get them all killed - their country turned into a radioactive ruin. He's given the middle finger to his biggest benefactors of China, and committed one of their greatest sins: He's bad for business and regional stability! NO sane person would have pushed things this far, knowing his status quo cannot be sustained while continuing to ramp up such grave danger - even if it is the grandest of bluffs. Usually only two types of leaders do such things - those extremely paranoid, who have immense fear of internal rivals - so they need some self-manufactured "boogeyman" - some external threat to constantly point to, or else, they are just plain crazy! I suspect his motivations are from each of those.
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: North Korea: It Ain't Good!

Post by Hortator »

The linch pin for this whole thing is the fact that DPRK's craptastic Wiley Coyote style ACME rockets are being aimed at America....and hitting everywhere but America. They are using hand-me-down Soviet tech from the 50s, so the rockets hit everywhere but the intended target.

Take, for example, the missile that misfired and landed just shy of Japan. Image

What if a nation gets caught in the crossfire between North Korea and America? No matter what the brass will say on either side, the optics won't look good, and it will look like America's fault. People expect reckless behavior from North Korea. People don't expect reckless behavior from America. Not on this magnitude at the very least.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

No, it is not good.

Fat Boy who is insane and his crazed father before him both desire the absolute destruction of the USA and been saying so for many years. Now they have ICBM's and Nukes all thanks to the progressive Democrats of the likes of Bill Clinton who back in the 1990's approved the reactors to make the bombs...

We are all facing dark times. Wars and rumors of wars increase...

Lord Jesus, help us stop this war...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

We should just be nice to Kim Jong-un. He seems like a very nice young man, possibly with just a little anxiety he needs to work through.

He's just a little misunderstood.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

I'm still hoping he'll get a bad piece of cake!

MAYBE - short of a miracle change of heart in Kim - perhaps those around him will successfully plot to remove him - and to end this strangle hold of the dynasty and idealogy currently followed. Imagine what would happen if N. Korea was liberated, the South reunited. Think of the impact upon Iran - who is in bed with their fellow N. Korean madmen.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:I'm still hoping he'll get a bad piece of cake!

MAYBE - short of a miracle change of heart in Kim - perhaps those around him will successfully plot to remove him - and to end this strangle hold of the dynasty and idealogy currently followed. Imagine what would happen if N. Korea was liberated, the South reunited. Think of the impact upon Iran - who is in bed with their fellow N. Korean madmen.
And think of the impact on china, if North Korea was somehow reunited with South, and it became more favorable for all of Korea to trade with the US, instead of China.

Please Mr. President,

Make sure you have China on board with whatever you plan on doing.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

melanie
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female

Post by melanie »

Lord help us against leaders who do not impart the wisdom to lead us away from war instead of inflammatory responses from equally demented leaders who engage in rudimental slander in a public forum like their 14yr olds in a social media, twitter slag fest.
But yet it's a threat of nuclear war in their pissing contest.
Kim Jong un like his late Dad are dictators without question, equally as dangerous.
North Korea started their nuclear program in the 1950's, ramped it up in the late 80's and most recently have conducted tests in 2003, 2006, 2009, 2013 and twice in 2016.
It's not a new threat, yes there are potential dangers but when North Korea most recently this year tested their nuclear capabilities Trump reacted by deploying navy ships into questionable waters as a sign of threat and he engaged in media and public taunts and threats.
Trump has woken the sleeping giant.
Sometimes war is inevitable and sometimes it's perpetuated by idiots who need to learn decorum, political know how and restraint.
There are 196 countries in the world, of those countries 9 have nuclear weapons but there are rogue nations like Iran who posses the capability.
North Korea have never hid their nuclear program similar to India and Pakistan
It becomes very self serving when a country who has more nuclear capability and who has tested more nuclear weapons than any other country thinks they can dictate whether a country has the right to posses the exact same nuclear program that they pride themselves on.
What's good for the goose is good for the gander......
North Korea is a worry, the US is bigger worry by way of past instances
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

melanie wrote:Lord help us against leaders who do not impart the wisdom to lead us away from war instead of inflammatory responses from equally demented leaders who engage in rudimental slander in a public forum like their 14yr olds in a social media, twitter slag fest.
Kim Jong un like his late Dad are dictators without question, equally as dangerous.
North Korea started their nuclear program in the 1950's, ramped it up in the late 80's and most recently have conducted tests in 2003, 2006, 2009, 2013 and twice in 2016.
It's not a new threat, yes there are potential dangers but when North Korea most recently this year tested their nuclear capabilities Trump reacted by deploying navy ships into questionable waters as a sign of threat and he engaged in media and public taunts and threats.
Sometimes war is inevitable and sometimes it's perpetuated by idiots who need to learn decorum, political know how and restraint.
There are 196 countries in the world, of those countries 9 have nuclear weapons but there are rogue nations like Iran who posses the capability.
It becomes very self serving when a country who has more nuclear capability and who has tested more nuclear weapons than any other country thinks they can dictate whether a country has the right to posses the exact same nuclear program that they pride themselves on.
I see legal recreational marijuana has made its way to Australia. God save the queen!

-Edward R Murrow

Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

If I were Trump, and this is just armchair-general talk, but the next missile that lands near an ally or US territory ought to be considered an act of war. No more free passes on "It was just a test fire!" from Dear Leader.

But like I said above, optics. The opportunity to retaliate and finally free these 26 million walking skeletons living on the Korean peninsula has to be an undeniably belligerent act from the Hermit Kingdom.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Hortator wrote:If I were Trump, and this is just armchair-general talk, but the next missile that lands near an ally or US territory ought to be considered an act of war. No more free passes on "It was just a test fire!" from Dear Leader.

But like I said above, optics. The opportunity to retaliate and finally free these 26 million walking skeletons living on the Korean peninsula has to be an undeniably belligerent act from the Hermit Kingdom.
How can it not be an act of war? Kim Jong-un has threatened, multiple times, to attack the U.S.
Presidents, Clinton, Bush, and Obama, have made empty threats to North Korea, which has just enabled them. Now we have a president who will seemingly not allow North Korea to continue threatening us and our allies, and somehow Trump is the bad guy in all of this?

-Edward R Murrow

melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

Just like weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, and the destruction of Libya and the assassination of Gaddafi and the mess in Syria. What a track record!!!
Trump is the laughing stock of the international community, he holds zero credibility here in Australia. A leader that spurts his garbage over twitter??
Really?
He's dug his own grave now he just needs to be buried by it.
He's dealt with North Korea like an eighth grader with acne issues on a twitter rampage.
He's an embarrassment to world politics.
Trump is the joke of this decade, his lack of political know how and his dealings with sensitive issues over a public forum like his presidency is one big social reality show is both a testament to himself personally and the nation that voted him in.
I have maintained that the US is internally falling apart long before Trump was voted in, he's just your canary in the coal mine!
Last edited by melanie on Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

RickD wrote:
melanie wrote:Lord help us against leaders who do not impart the wisdom to lead us away from war instead of inflammatory responses from equally demented leaders who engage in rudimental slander in a public forum like their 14yr olds in a social media, twitter slag fest.
I see legal recreational marijuana has made its way to Australia. God save the queen!
Haha haven't smoked a spliff in years but with muppets like Trump and Turnbull in power I've been questioning lately whether I might just indulge before the world goes to sh*t :mrgreen: y#-o
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

melanie wrote:Just like weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, and the destruction of Libya and the assassination of Gaddafi and the mess in Syria. What a track record!!!
Trump is the laughing stock of the international community, he holds zero credibility here in Australia. A leader that spurts his garbage over twitter??
Really?
He's dug his own grave now he just needs to be buried by it.
He's dealt with North Korea like an eighth grader with acne issues on a twitter rampage.
He's an embarrassment to world politics.
Trump is the joke of this decade, his lack of political know how and his dealings with sensitive issues over a public forum like his presidency is one big social reality show is both a testament to himself personally and the nation that voted him in.
I have maintained that the US is internally falling apart long before Trump was voted in, he's just your canary in the coal mine!
I wouldn't expect Trump would hold much credibility in Australia. Australia is a liberal mess.

I suppose to you leftist Aussies, Harry Truman was a joke too? What trump is saying in response to North Korea, isn't much different than what Truman said:

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Truth is, WAY before Trump arrived in the presidency, North Korea pushed things to the limit, it conducted FOUR underground nuclear tests (under Kim) during the Obama years! And after the third one, Obama responded by saying if there were ever any aggression by NK, that America wouldn't hesitate to respond with our military might. During those Obama years, diplomacy was relentlessly sought, along with more sanctions. NONE of that stopped NK - so, they didn't arrive at this moment by accident, or due to Trump. Yep, the arms race is unfortunate - but when the bad guys begin developing very dangerous weapons - you have to be prepared to match them - otherwise, they will be unstoppable. That's just common sense. And it's not like those voices in TODAY'S West - calling for nations like Iran to abandon their nuclear ambitions - it's not as if they had any role or influence over how the U.S., Russia and quite a few others countries, came to be armed with so many nukes per past decisions. That's a false narrative to accuse such voices of today of hypocrisy.

But what HAS kept the nuclear peace? MUTUAL fears of the consequences all sides would have in a nuclear exchange! Warning Kim powerfully about what he might bring down upon his head - IF he is sane - that can only be a good thing. He needs to be reminded of the futility and horror his aggression could unleash. The MORE he realizes this, the better off we ALL are. Only a lunatic wouldn't realize how terrible that would be. But if he's not totally sane, given Kim's track record, he's gonna push it to the limit anyway - to what end, we can only shudder the think. And guess just what Trump's emphasis of the consequences has produced - as FINALLY the U.N. voted for $1 billion in more sanctions. NOW the world - even China and Russia - are trying to get Fat Boy's attention. Think that would have happened if those countries didn't realize the dangerous place Kim has taken things? When a leader with nuclear capabilities keeps making obvious tests designed to showcase their potential for catastrophic aggression WHILE ALSO constantly threatening multiple other countries - the MORE such a person fears the consequences of staying on that path, the better off we ALL are. And if he's not totally sane, his track record leads me to believe he'll push it to whatever crazy actions anyway - it's just a matter of time.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Fast forward a month and Trump will be getting along with Kim better than anyone else. It's all about garnering respect in a manner Kim understands and relishes. Harsh words ain't bombs. The only way bombs will be dropped is if Kim is so crazy he doesn't care about committing suicide, I think he just loves playing the insane guy all pin him as. Someone needs to stoop to that level to bring him out of it, nothing else has worked to date. And everyone is so damn "progressive" pansylike PCist to use bold words today. I think the desired outcome is a more cordial relationship with North Korea, and an end to all their chest beating. So, either it will work, or what has been coming for many years now will come to an end, which would've been inevitable anyway. NK just can't continue being ignored.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)