Manchester terrorist attack...

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
neo-x
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Manchester terrorist attack...

Post by neo-x »

RickD wrote:
neo-x wrote:
RickD wrote:
neo wrote/
That is one example. It is these kinds of actions that bred a lot of distrust and hatred for the white man in countries they used to enslave. That's their legacy...your's are different - these people you kill as collateral damage, to them it's war, it's drone strikes, etc etc. And you need to see that for your own sake.
Now I understand. You hate me because I'm white.
I hope you're kidding, Rick.
Of course I was kidding. The topic seems to be getting too serious.
You're right...thank you.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Stu »

edwardmurphy wrote:The Quran, much like the Bible, says a great many things. And Muslims, much like Christians, have been known to pick and choose which things to adhere to and which to ignore based on their own preferences. It really doesn't make a whole lot of difference what the books say.
What?!!! Never heard so much spin and crap in my life. Of course it frikken matters.
Where do you think ISIS get's their motivation from. Or any other Muslim who kills an infidel.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

Seems to me that ISIS is trying to use terror and intimidation to accomplish the same goals that the Western powers accomplish with cruise missiles, drone strikes, and proxy states. Their motivation comes from their desire to carve out a kingdom for themselves. But by all means, dumb it down if that makes it easier for you.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

edwardmurphy wrote:Seems to me that ISIS is trying to use terror and intimidation to accomplish the same goals that the Western powers accomplish with cruise missiles, drone strikes, and proxy states. Their motivation comes from their desire to carve out a kingdom for themselves. But by all means, dumb it down if that makes it easier for you.
Islam seeks world domination or better put 'control of the entire world under sharia law.'

Leftist politics seek a similar course - world domination - no different is it?

But instead of Sharia...

A comedian shows a beheaded Trump just like ISIS does to its victims and that is okay...

The Mayor of Portland Responds to Stabbing by Attacking Free Speech and the left lies about the prep...who is not a right ringer but a crazy person who is leftist and supports Bernie Sanders...

Media Matters and other leftist funded groups seeks to silences all views except their own and control all human life by means of hate, violence, intimidation, PC, etc and etc.

The project their own hate onto those who they view as the enemy just as Hilary Clinton recently projected when she said, “...When people in power invent their own facts and attack those who question them, it can mark the beginning of the end of a free society.” Quoted from: Hillary Clinton's Wellesley commencement address

In fact ED, your political views are no different - world domination...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

I do so enjoy listening to you ramble and rant...
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Ed,

We love having you here. By comparison, you make all of us crazy Christians, look sane!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Stu »

edwardmurphy wrote:I do so enjoy listening to you ramble and rant...
So that's what you say when you don't have an intelligent response to a post. I know though, B.W. really nailed you.
Nice dodge.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

RickD wrote:Ed,

We love having you here. By comparison, you make all of us crazy Christians, look sane!
Most of you don't need help with that. Some need a little help now and then. One is beyond help.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

edwardmurphy wrote:

Most of you don't need help with that. Some need a little help now and then. One is beyond help.
I wonder who that can be? Just curious.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

edwardmurphy wrote:

Thank God you're here to make us all look good when we need help.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

I'm here to help, Rick. I thought that was obvious.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

edwardmurphy wrote:I'm here to help, Rick. I thought that was obvious.
Oh, I thought u meant me.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

edwardmurphy wrote:I'm here to help, Rick. I thought that was obvious.
Anyone who reads your posts can see it's obvious.

I don't know where we'd be without you, ed.

Some people may think we're crazy, reeling on about left wing loonies that don't exist. Then you post, and there's proof that they do exist.
:lol: :poke: :spoop:

-Edward R Murrow

edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

On a serious note, if you think that I'm a left wing loonie you really haven't been paying much attention to the actual leftward fringes.

For example, I think Peta is dumb and that it's ridiculous to argue that animals are people. I would never, under any circumstances, use words like "herstory" or ""zhim" I have no issue whatsoever with hunting. Or, generally speaking, with guns. I am baffled by transgender issues. I don't think that we could, or should, ever make peace with ISIS. I don't think that the average Trump voter is a racist. I'm not in favor of open borders. I don't think that government intervention is the answer to every problem. I have no issues with a-holes like Ann Coulter or Milo Whatshisface speaking in public. If I came across Rush Limbaugh drowning in a river I would, with profound regret, do everything in my power to save the vile SoB. Nearly everything that B.W. has ever said about me is complete [nonsense]. I don't believe that atheism leads to transformative experiences. I like mixed martial arts, hockey, and football. My hobbies are fly fishing and building scale model​s, with my subjects of choice being WWII and Korean War fighters. I [love] hate upscale coffee shops, quinoa, and Michael Moore.

Do I hold some progressive views? Sure, but all of them are grounded in pragmatism. For example, I opposed the death penalty because it's hideously expensive and ineffective as a deterrent. I opposed restarting the war on drugs because it was hideously expensive and didn't work. I favor repealing the Tiahrt Amendment and opening the door to study gun violence so that we can have an unemotional, fact-based discussion about the issue. I favor a higher minimum wage because a consumer economy works best if people have money to spend. That idea originated with Henry Ford, by the way, and not with some know-nothing liberal. I accept that entitlement spending needs to be brought under control, but find it absurd and nonsensical to pair austerity measures with tax cuts for the rich. I think that military spending is out of control and infrastructure spending is woefully inadequate. I think Trump's protectionist economic plan is a terrible idea because it amounts to us conceding our role as the leading global economic power to up and comers like China.

Add it all up and almost all of my social and political views are solidly mainstream. Some here think I'm a crazy leftist, but I suspect that that's because they're so far to the right that they've lost track of where the center actually lies.

So anyway...

BTW, the profanity filter doesn't pick up the word "a**holes." That seems unintentional.