Hypocrisy of the left

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
IceMobster
Senior Member
Posts: 621
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:17 pm
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Location: Europe
Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 42 times

Hypocrisy of the left

#1

Post by IceMobster » Fri May 05, 2017 8:56 am

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!

Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 767
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 5:00 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Ohio
Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 58 times

Re: Hypocrisy of the left

#2

Post by Hortator » Fri May 05, 2017 10:13 am

Oh boy xD Image

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21319
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 199 times
Been liked: 1063 times

Re: Hypocrisy of the left

#3

Post by RickD » Fri May 05, 2017 10:45 am

Can someone translate please? I don't speak European.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2091
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:45 am
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 120 times

Re: Hypocrisy of the left

#4

Post by edwardmurphy » Sat May 06, 2017 7:41 pm

1) "The left" is a strawman invented by pundits. So is "the right." Your use of the term is thoughtless and lazy. If you want to make a political point worth hearing then you'll need to put in a bit of effort.

2) If you think that that video means anything at all then you're a [love] idiot. There's a reason that comedians and pundits love "man on the street" interview pieces - they get to control the outcome and mold it to fit whatever point they're trying to make. It's entertaining, if you're into rage porn, but that's as far as it goes. Personally, I think you'd be better off watching cat videos. They're cute and no less informative.

3) Even if the "data collection" process that brought you to your conclusion wasn't complete [poop], there's nothing useful to be drawn from the fact that people aren't likely to agree when one random stranger stops them on their way to work to ask them to house a second random stranger, regardless of how they feel about refugees.

4) Using a sketchy-looking guy in his mid-twenties as the token refugee is a pretty ****ty trick, considering that 75% of the refugees are women and children and a lot of the men come with their families.

5) People that you would probably view as members of "the left" are, in fact, taking refugees into their homes in the US and Canada. I can't speak for the rest of the world, though.

Happy, H? Are you entertained?
If you're accustomed to privilege equality may feel like oppression.

Before you ask why ask if.

The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the convinced Communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction and the distinction between true and false no longer exist.

Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 767
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 5:00 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Ohio
Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 58 times

Re: Hypocrisy of the left

#5

Post by Hortator » Sat May 06, 2017 9:02 pm

Very

IceMobster
Senior Member
Posts: 621
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:17 pm
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Location: Europe
Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 42 times

Re: Hypocrisy of the left

#6

Post by IceMobster » Fri May 12, 2017 12:00 pm

edwardmurphy wrote: 4) Using a sketchy-looking guy in his mid-twenties as the token refugee is a pretty ****ty trick, considering that 75% of the refugees are women and children and a lot of the men come with their families.
Wooooow, now you are simply being delusional. You pulled that percentage right out of your ass. Actually, I am not THAT surprised since you live on another planet continent. Perhaps stop watching Fox news or CNN or whatever the ridiculous mainstream media in the US is since you are brainwashed af.

Look at all of these women and children... the only way people like you will ever change their opinion is when your loved ones get raped and beheaded (even then you will spout nonsense saying it is terrorism and the poor refugees are just confused), you're delusional:
http://imgur.com/a/W5Gpt
http://imgur.com/a/ibRPm
http://imgur.com/a/zwBBS
http://imgur.com/a/WUiqb
http://imgur.com/a/0suH4
http://imgur.com/a/ENPsq
http://imgur.com/a/O3Pvj
http://imgur.com/a/P3jyo
http://imgur.com/a/Lj8mQ
(I can not make an album since I'd have to sign up)

All "men that come with their families", RIGHT?

Watch the first minute of this, how many women and children?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICpU8-foA0E

Read this:
http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... 56#p220156
Sweden's rape rate increased by 1472%, those children are going crazy, amirite?

Next thing you will tell me 75% of the refugees are from Syria. Stop calling them bloody refugees. They are economic immigrants and are abusing the situation at hand (Syrian civil war and bat crazy masochist European countries) seeking an economically better life in top first world countries where they leech off of the welfare system.

Why do they not want to stay in Poland? Not only because they are not allowed (since Poland takes the least amount of immigrants per capita), but because Poland is one of the European countries with lowest welfare system (followed by Eastern Euope). Compare it to Scandinavia, Germany, UK, France...
E C O N O M I C I M M I G R A N T S, not rapefugees.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 4928
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 168 times

Re: Hypocrisy of the left

#7

Post by abelcainsbrother » Sat May 13, 2017 3:26 pm

IceMobster wrote:
edwardmurphy wrote: 4) Using a sketchy-looking guy in his mid-twenties as the token refugee is a pretty ****ty trick, considering that 75% of the refugees are women and children and a lot of the men come with their families.
Wooooow, now you are simply being delusional. You pulled that percentage right out of your ***. Actually, I am not THAT surprised since you live on another planet continent. Perhaps stop watching Fox news or CNN or whatever the ridiculous mainstream media in the US is since you are brainwashed af.

Look at all of these women and children... the only way people like you will ever change their opinion is when your loved ones get raped and beheaded (even then you will spout nonsense saying it is terrorism and the poor refugees are just confused), you're delusional:
http://imgur.com/a/W5Gpt
http://imgur.com/a/ibRPm
http://imgur.com/a/zwBBS
http://imgur.com/a/WUiqb
http://imgur.com/a/0suH4
http://imgur.com/a/ENPsq
http://imgur.com/a/O3Pvj
http://imgur.com/a/P3jyo
http://imgur.com/a/Lj8mQ
(I can not make an album since I'd have to sign up)

All "men that come with their families", RIGHT?

Watch the first minute of this, how many women and children?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICpU8-foA0E

Read this:
http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... 56#p220156
Sweden's rape rate increased by 1472%, those children are going crazy, amirite?

Next thing you will tell me 75% of the refugees are from Syria. Stop calling them bloody refugees. They are economic immigrants and are abusing the situation at hand (Syrian civil war and bat crazy masochist European countries) seeking an economically better life in top first world countries where they leech off of the welfare system.

Why do they not want to stay in Poland? Not only because they are not allowed (since Poland takes the least amount of immigrants per capita), but because Poland is one of the European countries with lowest welfare system (followed by Eastern Euope). Compare it to Scandinavia, Germany, UK, France...
E C O N O M I C I M M I G R A N T S, not rapefugees.

Liberals ignore the fact that we see Islamic terrorism in every country around the world where muslims live,they ignore the facts and since they are brainwashed by watching and listening to the MSM that refuses to report all of the terrorist attacks that have happened around the world and whenever they do,they hide the fact it was a muslim that carried it out.They make it seem like we don't know it was a muslim and refuse to say so.It is like an annonymous terrorist attack and it is not reported that it was a muslim.So people are propagandized and brainwashed to not think Islamic terrorism is happening as much as it is and is not a big deal.

It is changing here in the US though,the MSM is not believed and trusted anymore and are destroying themselves and their credibility. Most people are getting their news from alternative news sources that actually report the things the MSM refuses to report. This is why no matter how much they have hammered on Trump since he got in this race it has done nothing at all to hurt or effect Trump. Trump stands or falls based on what he does and it has nothing to do with the MSM hammering on him 24/7 for nothing.Because people no longer believe and trust the MSM. Liberals are in denial of this fact,but its true.They don't have the power and influence they once did because people are fed up with their propaganda bs they spew. It does them no good at all to hammer Trump like they do,they are just wasting their time.It just goes in one ear and out the other.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

User avatar
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2091
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:45 am
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 120 times

Re: Hypocrisy of the left

#8

Post by edwardmurphy » Sat May 13, 2017 5:40 pm

Wow, kiddo! As if the pictures of God-knows who doing God-knows what God-knows where weren't enough you followed up with a forum link and a questionable statistic! How am I supposed to counter that? Or more accurately, why would I even bother?

Abe, haven't seen you in a while. Welcome back. Nothing that you wrote there is factual but I'm more likely to sprout wings than convince you of that, so whatever.
If you're accustomed to privilege equality may feel like oppression.

Before you ask why ask if.

The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the convinced Communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction and the distinction between true and false no longer exist.

User avatar
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Posts: 9958
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:25 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist
Location: Qld, Australia
Has liked: 634 times
Been liked: 653 times

Re: Hypocrisy of the left

#9

Post by Kurieuo » Sat May 13, 2017 7:45 pm

Ed, perhaps if you lived in a European state like Ice does which has taken in such floods of immigrants, then your comments would hold more weight. Fact is, the US and especially Australia has nothing compared to places like say Sweden.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)

IceMobster
Senior Member
Posts: 621
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:17 pm
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Location: Europe
Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 42 times

Re: Hypocrisy of the left

#10

Post by IceMobster » Sun May 14, 2017 2:27 am

edwardmurphy wrote:Wow, kiddo! As if the pictures of God-knows who doing God-knows what God-knows where weren't enough you followed up with a forum link and a questionable statistic! How am I supposed to counter that? Or more accurately, why would I even bother?
Questionable statistic? Are you being serious?

https://plus.google.com/u/0/11588262180 ... ?sfc=false

The crime study from 1996 has a English summation near the end: http://bit.ly/1ztTVcZ

Same with the 2005 one: http://bit.ly/23VxBMs

A police report from 2016 bluntly says, on page 15, that 80% of assailants in bathouse sex attacks were immigrants: http://bit.ly/1OwPozB

Rape is 2x more likely in societies where gender inequality is normalized: http://1.usa.gov/1KLrILE

Norway migrant consent classes: nyti.ms/1QTf3q7

”A look doesn't mean anything in Finland”: http://bit.ly/1TddNiL

Kenya teaches consent and empowerment to boys and girls: http://reut.rs/1S1WQbh

- http://nomeansnoworldwide.org/

Mauricio Rojas - "Cultural heritage is behind immigrant crime": http://bit.ly/1TgubjL

Denmark found similar numbers concerning overrepresentation: http://bit.ly/29ELbgA

Norway found similar numbers as well: http://bit.ly/21rIwv8

Typical rapist in Paris is a 30-year old unemployed immigrant man, according to study by ONDRP: http://bit.ly/1YpBBmp

Gangrape statistics from BRÅ: http://bit.ly/1oxx56V

Article about gangrape: http://bit.ly/20QlHV0

Half of rapists don't know Swedish: http://bit.ly/1KfNMxS

The article with the doctor in litigation: http://bit.ly/1RuUGl9

Finnish study in 2014 found that immigrants of MENA and sub-Saharan African origins are overreperesented in rape statistics by factor of 12,90 and 12,19 respectively compared to native Finns. Meaning the overrepresentation is 4,4. This is after the numbers had been compensated for age and socio-economic status: http://bit.ly/29ipUfs
English summary: http://bit.ly/29qB1Ea
In total, 27% of rapes were commited by immigrants and the number of immigrants in Finland at the time were 4% of the population.

Bonus:
http://imgur.com/a/jqB6i
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJpJcJ1Okqs

It is not God knows who, it's Europe. I've watched more than 5 hours of livestream of the RT (some Russian media) when they were stationed at our border. Every time I pass through the main bus or train station in my city there they are. And since ~September 2015. I've seen less than 10 women/children. And sure, personal experience is irrelevant to the facts. However, I have provided them. You have not, you simply spew nonsense. Your arrogance and ignorance, alongside media brainwashing, clouds your judgment, Ed.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!

User avatar
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1092
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:32 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Hypocrisy of the left

#11

Post by Stu » Sun May 14, 2017 5:25 am

edwardmurphy wrote:Wow, kiddo! As if the pictures of God-knows who doing God-knows what God-knows where weren't enough you followed up with a forum link and a questionable statistic! How am I supposed to counter that? Or more accurately, why would I even bother?

Abe, haven't seen you in a while. Welcome back. Nothing that you wrote there is factual but I'm more likely to sprout wings than convince you of that, so whatever.
Or more accurately, you can't.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.

User avatar
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2091
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:45 am
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 120 times

Re: Hypocrisy of the left

#12

Post by edwardmurphy » Sun May 14, 2017 10:45 am

IceMobster wrote:It is not God knows who, it's Europe. I've watched more than 5 hours of livestream of the RT (some Russian media) when they were stationed at our border. Every time I pass through the main bus or train station in my city there they are. And since ~September 2015. I've seen less than 10 women/children. And sure, personal experience is irrelevant to the facts. However, I have provided them. You have not, you simply spew nonsense. Your arrogance and ignorance, alongside media brainwashing, clouds your judgment, Ed.
Ice, you opened this discussion with a stupid video which you used in a stupid attempt to make a stupid argument. If I started a thread like that I'd get piled on. You're lucky enough to be posting for a mostly receptive audience, so of course everybody else let your garbage post slide, and odds are you'll only hear it from me. That doesn't mean you did good.

You followed it up with a series of pictures of random guys, presented with no context whatsoever. How do I know who those guys are, or where they are? How do I know that you even know? If I did that would you take me seriously? Of course not.

Then you added that Swedish rape stat without bothering to mention that it comes from a study that goes back to 1975 and that in the last 40+ years the Swedes have broadened the definition of rape at least twice and worked to increase the frequency with which rape is reported. That's important information, Ice. I know it makes a cleaner point if you just blame the whole thing on Muslim immigrants, but it's not the whole story ad leaving it out makes it seem like you either didn't know or you chose to hide it.

Anyway, now that you've finally taken the time to make a serious post I'll take it seriously and look at what you have to say. If you'd started with that and maybe titled your post "The strong correlation between Muslim immigration and increases in incidents of sexual violence in Western Europe" then I'd have taken you seriously from the beginning. But you didn't. You opened with [nonsense] so I pointed out that it stunk.

Finally, for what it's worth, I'm aware that Islam has a tendency to reduce women to second class citizens, or even chattel. I think that that tendency is understated by some folks on the political left, but it's also overstated by some on the political right. The same can be said with regard to who is a refugee and who is an economic immigrant. There are clearly plenty of both, but there are some on the political left who overuse the refugee label and some on the political right who overuse the economic immigrant label. I'm not the leftist ideologue that some claim I am. I'm a left-center pragmatist with a reasonably good [nonsense] detector and a disinclination to listen to extremists of any stripe.

K, perhaps you're right. But perhaps the quality of this board would be better if people like you, who are capable of making a good argument and recognizing a bad one, were to chime in when someone whose views you generally support presents their ideas so poorly.
If you're accustomed to privilege equality may feel like oppression.

Before you ask why ask if.

The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the convinced Communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction and the distinction between true and false no longer exist.

User avatar
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1092
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:32 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Hypocrisy of the left

#13

Post by Stu » Mon May 15, 2017 7:30 am

Europe is screwed. They have lost it. Politically correct madness from the left.
I'm sure Ed will come in and try and defend this somehow....

Sweden: 70yo Woman Prosecuted For Complaining About Migrants Defecating In The Streets
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.

User avatar
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1092
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:32 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Hypocrisy of the left

#14

Post by Stu » Mon May 15, 2017 8:28 am

Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.

User avatar
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2091
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:45 am
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 120 times

Re: Hypocrisy of the left

#15

Post by edwardmurphy » Mon May 15, 2017 6:53 pm

Stu wrote:Europe is screwed. They have lost it. Politically correct madness from the left.
I'm sure Ed will come in and try and defend this somehow....

Sweden: 70yo Woman Prosecuted For Complaining About Migrants Defecating In The Streets
Stu, over the last few years I've seen dozens of stories just like this one posted here. The headlines are always clickbait for rage-porn enthusiasts, they always originate on some right wing punditry blog, they rarely have any detailed information, and when they do it usually ends up the author is lying. Guys like you love this stuff. You can just turn your brains off and rage out. Who cares if there's no evidence that it's true? If you start asking a lot of probing questions you're just going to spoil the mood. No, it's better just to enjoy the warm glow of your thoughtless anger.

So, no, I'm not going to defend it. If any part of it is true then I'd need to see some context before even forming an opinion, but it has all of the hallmarks of white nationalist propaganda, so I'm going to dismiss it.
Yep, that's horrifying. Assuming it's true, I mean. Breitbart is less likely to be outright lying than those other sites you linked, but they're still pushing a white-identity, nativist narrative so I take their stuff with a load of salt. Still, I'm aware of things like this happening in the UK, so maybe this is true, too. If it is then those guys deserve to be taken behind the courthouse and shot.

But that still doesn't make it right to use incidents like those to try and smear the entire Muslim world.
If you're accustomed to privilege equality may feel like oppression.

Before you ask why ask if.

The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the convinced Communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction and the distinction between true and false no longer exist.

Post Reply