#1 Issue to Have Voted Trump-Pence In On

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
IceMobster
Christian: No
Sex: Male

Re: #1 Issue to Have Voted Trump-Pence In On

Post by IceMobster »

What if the doctor tells you the kid is going to have down syndrome or some other harsh psychological illness which will, well, make him/her be basically a vegetable?

I reckon no parent should be burdened 24/7 with intensive care such a child requires. What happens with the vegetable kid once the parents die? It dies, as well. Unless some clinic adopts him/her or whatever. Again, (s)he will become a burden to someone else.

There is no use from such people, they rarely interact or even understand what is going on. Of course, depends on the severity of whatever said psychological illness but I am mainly focusing on those who are in the extreme spectrum.
It is better for both the parents and the society if they are not brought to life.

Well, that and in case the mother's life is endangered is the only time I support abortion.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

I think that's what is called a "utilitarian" approach to human rights. Meaning you are only as valuable as you are at extending other's happiness. Now, in theory, this seems rational and efficient. But in short, it doesn't work.

We view human life irrationally, that it's all precious, valuable, and sacred. It is not rational to view everybody as equal, but it is good. And it works.
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

Let's not forget that people bring up extreme situations that make up the tiniest of percentage of cases, compared to the vast ocean of babies aborted for mere inconveniences of timing, cost, or whatever other pathetic excuses.

Redundant to link my earlier post on this, but I will anyway: http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... 15#p221415

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

I know that it is easy to suggest that an abortion because of rape or because the child will be born abnormal in someway or the mother may die, is justifiable and, to be honest, very few would argue with it under those circumstance ( though I know many that would not view those as valid reasons to take a life and I think we all can see the dangerous and slippery slope that can lead us on), but core issue of abortion is NOT choice, no matter how many want to make it that, it is justification of taking a life.