Did Obama wiretap Trump?

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Did Obama wiretap Trump?

Post by RickD »

The question we should be asking, is if Obama knew about it. I can't ever see any evidence that Obama ordered it.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

You watch Imfowars Ed? I wouldn't know since I unsubscribed some months ago. Can't really stand someone getting their knickers in a knot all the time.

As for Trump, a wire taps all the same in my book. Whether or not one was ordered. I think Trey said it'd be knowable and logged if Obama ordered one. There's protections in place. Yet, doesn't stop intelligence agencies doing what they've always done, right?

Imo, it's deeper than Obama. Even if Obama knew. I think US intelligence think there is nothing higher than them. They're beyond touchable. Anyone is sacrificable. That's the bigger issue, and I'm not sure Trump really has balls that big to take them on.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

RickD wrote:The question we should be asking, is if Obama knew about it. I can't ever see any evidence that Obama ordered it.
I think Obama is going to try to hang Lorretta Lynch out to dry and let her take the blame.Nixon did not know about it nor did he order anything and yet he resigned because it happened when he was the President.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
ultimate777
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by ultimate777 »

RickD wrote:The question we should be asking, is if Obama knew about it. I can't ever see any evidence that Obama ordered it.
I suppose its possible it was done, but Obama didn't know about it.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

edwardmurphy wrote:Hang on there. We have two pieces of information.

1) There's no evidence that Obama wire tapped Trump.

2) The CIA has the ability to do all kinds of sneaky cyber warfare stuff. (Not sure why that's being treated as a revelation.)

You (and Abe and Infowars) seem to be saying that #1 is irrelevant because of #2 so it logically follows that Trump needs no proof and Obama did it.

That's tin foil hat territory, K.

Nope!It has not been shown yet that Obama ordered the wiretapping which is why I left it out.However we have a rogue CIA that carried out the wiretapping and has spied on Trump and people in his campaign.Obama's denial is weak though and is a lawyers way of denying it.Remember when I told you there are good guys in our intelligence agencies that see the corruption all around them in our intelligence agencies and it is they that are exposing the corruption.The bad ones and good ones are side by side too but the bad corrupt ones are outnumbered. Imagine sitting next to a guy and you know he's a scumbag.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
ultimate777
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by ultimate777 »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
I think Obama is going to try to hang Lorretta Lynch out to dry and let her take the blame.Nixon did not know about it nor did he order anything and yet he resigned because it happened when he was the President.
They can't impeach Obama, whatever he did or should do.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

ultimate777 wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
They can't impeach Obama, whatever he did or should do.
I do know that Obama is not the President and he can't be impeached however he could be prosecuted.

edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

Can we back up a bit here?

Last I checked the speculation on whether or not Obama ordered the wire tap was premature, since there's no proof that Trump Tower was ever even wire tapped. You have to prove that a thing happened before you can decide who to blame for that thing.

The only wire tapping scandal that currently exists is the one where Sideshow Don falsely claimed that it happened.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Here is what I'm wondering about. How will the MSM handle this scandal,including Fox News?When Wikileaks dumped all of the e-mails of Democrat's communicating with each other the MSM ignored what was in them and intead focused on this Russia influencing our election nonsense.Hannity on Fox was really the only one who talked about what was in Wikileaks however he did not get into alot of what they revealed and it was kinda forgotten about and yet the corruption in the Democrat Party still exists and nothing has been done about it. So it is going to be interesting seeing how the media deals with this scandal that is bigger than watergate.

DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

edwardmurphy wrote:Can we back up a bit here?

Last I checked the speculation on whether or not Obama ordered the wire tap was premature, since there's no proof that Trump Tower was ever even wire tapped. You have to prove that a thing happened before you can decide who to blame for that thing.
Thank You for pointing out that small overlooked detail!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

DBowling wrote:

The New York Times says otherwise. At least that Trump's communications were looked at.
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/01/19/u ... amp_js_v=7
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

The only wire tapping scandal that currently exists is the one where Sideshow Don falsely claimed that it happened.

Really? How come you did not demand proof over this Russia influencing our election nonsense? You never asked for proof and have believed it to be true and now the media that was attacking Trump over it just a few days ago are now denying it.There is a double standard when it comes to proof.You just don't like Trump and believe any nonsense story against him that the media puts out without proof. The evidence is coming out now and more will come out.This is going to be investigated by Congress. Trump just flipped the narrative and has put the Democrats and the media back on their heels. The evidence has just came out and more is going to be revealed. Did you know that not only was Roger Stone spied on by this rogue CIA but he was poisoned also but survived? And all because he has helped the Trump team. No proof? Please explain how Trump's phone coversations with the Mexico and Australian PM were leaked to the media.You do realize this is breaking federal law don't you?

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:
DBowling wrote:

The New York Times says otherwise. At least that Trump's communications were looked at.
This was a fake news story put out by this rogue CIA that was using Russia servers making it look like the Russians were to blame and it was all so that the media and the Democrats could push this Russia hack lie to try to hurt the Trump team politically.

B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Written January 19, 2017 and the closing comments is telling...
Attorney General Loretta Lynch and a parting shot at personal freedom
By Judge Andrew P. Napolitano Published January 19, 2017

On Jan. 3, outgoing Attorney General Loretta Lynch secretly signed an order directing the National Security Agency -- America’s 60,000-person-strong domestic spying apparatus -- to make available raw spying data to all other federal intelligence agencies, which then can pass it on to their counterparts in foreign countries and in the 50 states upon request. She did so, she claimed, for administrative convenience. Yet in doing this, she violated basic constitutional principles that were erected centuries ago to prevent just what she did.

Here is the back story.

In the aftermath of former President Richard Nixon’s abusive utilization of the FBI and CIA to spy on his domestic political opponents in the 1960s and '70s -- and after Nixon had resigned from office in the wake of all that -- Congress passed the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, which created a secret court that was charged with being the sole authority in America that can authorize domestic spying for non-law enforcement purposes.

The standard for a FISA court authorization was that the subject of the spying needed to be a foreign person in the United States who was an agent of a foreign power. It could be a foreign janitor in a foreign embassy, a foreign spy masquerading as a diplomat, even a foreign journalist working for a media outlet owned by a foreign government.

The American spies needed a search warrant from the FISA court. Contrary to the Constitution, the search warrant was given based not on probable cause of crime but rather on probable cause of the status of the person as an agent of a foreign power. This slight change from “probable cause of crime” to “probable cause of foreign agency” began the slippery slope that brought us to Lynch’s terrible order of Jan. 3.

Now, because of the Lynch secret order, revealed by The New York Times late last week, the NSA may share any of its data with any other intelligence agency or law enforcement agency that has an intelligence arm based on -- you guessed it -- the non-standard of governmental need.

So President Barack Obama, in the death throes of his time in the White House, has delivered perhaps his harshest blow to constitutional freedom by permitting his attorney general to circumvent the Fourth Amendment, thereby enabling people in law enforcement to get whatever they want about whomever they wish without a showing of probable cause of crime as the Fourth Amendment requires. That amendment expressly forbids the use of general warrants -- search where you wish and seize what you find -- and they had never been a lawful tool of law enforcement until Lynch's order.

Down the slope we have come, with the destruction of liberty in the name of safety by elected and appointed government officials. At a time when the constitutionally recognized right to privacy was in its infancy, Justice Louis Brandeis warned all who love freedom about its slow demise. He wrote: “Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the Government's purposes are beneficent. Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well meaning but without understanding.”

Someday we will learn why Obama did this. I hope that when we do, it is at a time when we still have personal liberty in a free society.

Quoted from: Attorney General Loretta Lynch and a parting shot at personal freedom
Why would this be done in the closing days of Obama tenure, after all it would open the door to bug political rivals, as well make the case Obama did no wrong....

How were the recent leaks made about Flynn?

How come nothing was done about Hilary lies and Lynch's secret meeting with Bill Clintonand the cover up?

What about the IRS going after 501 3 c organizations?

Naw, Obama could never break the laws he changes so he does break the law... Naw impossible where's my leftist purple koolaid?
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

RickD wrote:
DBowling wrote:

I was unable to find anything in the article about wiretapping... which is the specific accusation that Trump made.

Maybe I've missed something, but I am unaware of any evidence that Trump, Trump Tower, or his campaign were ever wiretapped.