R E L I G I O N O F P E A C E

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
IceMobster
Christian: No
Sex: Male

R E L I G I O N O F P E A C E

Post by IceMobster »

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Re: R E L I G I O N O F P E A C E

Post by B. W. »

It is called by the ancient Babylonians - Shamash - whom they worshiped by bowing to the east at sunrise, noon, and sunset. This was a pre-Islamic Arabic sun deity who was also related according to the mythological narrative to the Moon gods triad which Ishtar is apart of...

That is what you are seeing Ice - the rise of the Satan's rebellion going for broke now through the religion of submission the same the ancient pagans used in ancient Mesopotamia employing similar methods to conquer their known world of their era in time.
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by jenna »

B. W. wrote:
It is called by the ancient Babylonians - Shamash - whom they worshiped by bowing to the east at sunrise, noon, and sunset. This was a pre-Islamic Arabic sun deity who was also related according to the mythological narrative to the Moon gods triad which Ishtar is apart of...

That is what you are seeing Ice - the rise of the Satan's rebellion going for broke now through the religion of submission the same the ancient pagans used in ancient Mesopotamia employing similar methods to conquer their known world of their era in time.
-
-
-
ishtar? you mean easter? oh never mind, not gonna derail the thread. carry on. :oops:
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

jenna wrote:
B. W. wrote:

-
-
-
ishtar? you mean easter? oh never mind, not gonna derail the thread. carry on. :oops:
Could it be that you are as ignorant about Easter, as you are about the Trinity?
http://www.history.com/topics/holidays/ ... -of-easter
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

RickD wrote:
jenna wrote:
B. W. wrote:

-
-
-
Could it be that you are as ignorant about Easter, as you are about the Trinity?
nope, not ignorant about either, but like i said, not gonna derail the thread.
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

jenna wrote:
RickD wrote:
jenna wrote:
B. W. wrote:

-
-
-
Jenna,

You yourself, admitted that you don't understand the doctrine of the Trinity. If you don't understand it, that means you are ignorant about the doctrine .
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

RickD wrote:
jenna wrote:
RickD wrote:
jenna wrote:
B. W. wrote:

-
-
-
Jenna,

You yourself, admitted that you don't understand the doctrine of the Trinity. If you don't understand it, that means you are ignorant about the doctrine .
what it is, is that i dont understand how you can believe in something that cannot be fully explained by anyone. we are told to test the spirits, that would be the first one tested. being ignorant and not understanding are not the same. PLEASE DO NOT DERAIL THIS ANYMORE.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

jenna wrote:
RickD wrote:
jenna wrote:
RickD wrote:
jenna wrote: ishtar? you mean easter? oh never mind, not gonna derail the thread. carry on. :oops:
Jenna,

what it is, is that i dont understand how you can believe in something that cannot be fully explained by anyone. we are told to test the spirits, that would be the first one tested. being ignorant and not understanding are not the same. PLEASE DO NOT DERAIL THIS ANYMORE.
Ignorant-lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular.

-Edward R Murrow

Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

If it can't be explained, then there's no doctrine to believe in. That you question Trinitarian doctrine, suggests that such has been explained to you in some manner even if you don't fully understand it. Otherwise there is nothing to question. In fact, many do understand it, hence belief in the Trinity exists.

Furthermore, the fact that Byblos, RickD, Jac, myself and others who do understand it more, can come at it from our own angles and make statements each of us all agree with, such suggests we're all coming together around some coherent doctrine. It's not like we're collaborating or know each other and have said this is what we'll say.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
IceMobster

Post by IceMobster »

For the glory of the Trinity, you have my permission to derail the thread.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

It's a bit impossible to derail a topic on here, isn't it? I can see that being an issue on more active websites, but we just kind of ad lib our way through most threads. Rarely do I see threads stick to the OP on here, and many tangents are seen throughout the topic.

Not that anything I said is s bad thing.
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

IceMobster wrote:For the glory of the Trinity, you have my permission to derail the thread.
while i appreciate this, it isnt really a matter of that anymore is it? despite my repeated requests to not derail this, they continued to do otherwise, which shows very little/no respect for me which is why i am not responding to them.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

Personally, I'd rather hear more of your thoughts on Easter than wade through another Islam bad, Christianity good thread. I can't imagine that anyone here is unaware of global terrorism, and erroneously blaming it entirely on Islam is just preaching to the choir. Why bother?
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

jenna wrote:
IceMobster wrote:For the glory of the Trinity, you have my permission to derail the thread.
while i appreciate this, it isnt really a matter of that anymore is it? despite my repeated requests to not derail this, they continued to do otherwise, which shows very little/no respect for me which is why i am not responding to them.
You can request, but this board caters to open discussion, threads regularly go off on tangets as they arise. RickD is particular good at doing this with his humour. ;)

IceMobster started the thread, so really, any respect is for him. He stated he didn't mind, but you are more than entitled to not respond. Just don't act all victim like and hurt. You poked a stick at Trinitarian belief, we're entitled to respond. So it's in poor taste to act hurt and claim disrespect when responses are given back.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Islam is not a religion of peace.
In truth, no religion ( or ideology for that matter) is a religion of peace.
All can bring dissension and even violence.
People being people.
That Islam openly preaches violence and warfare and such is clear.