McMullin News

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Post Reply
DBowling
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1300
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:23 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 134 times

McMullin News

#1

Post by DBowling » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:37 pm

Here's some recent news on the conservative American Presidential Candidate who actually has a functioning moral compass.

NeverTrump Independent Evan McMullin Names Jewish Running Mate
http://forward.com/news/breaking-news/3 ... ning-mate/

Poll: Trump falls into tie with Clinton among Utah voters
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8656 ... tml?pg=all
"A third-party candidate could win Utah as Utahns settle on one," said Quin Monson, Y2 Analytics founding partner.

McMullin may well have caught lightning in a bottle.

The poll shows Clinton and Trump tied at 26 percent, McMullin with 22 percent and Libertarian Gary Johnson getting 14 percent if the election were held today.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 20923
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 190 times
Been liked: 1039 times

Re: McMullin News

#2

Post by RickD » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:14 pm

DBowling,

Since you're a mcmullin supporter, maybe you can answer this. Why is mcmullin running for president? He has to know that he has absolutely no chance of being elected. He says he's running to win, so we'd have to assume that anyone supporting his campaign takes him at his word. His candidacy is just a waste of money.

Why would anyone take donations for a campaign, knowing it's just wasted money?

Isn't that no better that someone like Benny Hinn who takes donations from people wanting to be healed, knowing full well that he cannot heal anyone?

Isn't that perpetrating a fraud?

To me, that doesn't sound like a very conservative principle.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 4771
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 166 times

Re: McMullin News

#3

Post by abelcainsbrother » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:22 pm

DBowling wrote:Here's some recent news on the conservative American Presidential Candidate who actually has a functioning moral compass.

NeverTrump Independent Evan McMullin Names Jewish Running Mate
http://forward.com/news/breaking-news/3 ... ning-mate/

Poll: Trump falls into tie with Clinton among Utah voters
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8656 ... tml?pg=all
"A third-party candidate could win Utah as Utahns settle on one," said Quin Monson, Y2 Analytics founding partner.

McMullin may well have caught lightning in a bottle.

The poll shows Clinton and Trump tied at 26 percent, McMullin with 22 percent and Libertarian Gary Johnson getting 14 percent if the election were held today.

What is so good about McMullen you like that you are willing to help Hillary win? With Trump? I get tax cuts,Supreme Court judges like Scalia,I get Christians being able to speak out as it pertains to politics and not lose their tax exempt status,I get border security,legal immigration,a safer America after we get a handle on who's in our country wanting to do us harm,I get to keep the right to bear arms,I get a stronger economy with smarter trade deals,We get to find out the truth about why we went to war in Iraq,I get more government corruption being exposed,I get somebody who will put America and the American people first in every deal he makes,I get somebody who knows how to brawl politically and does'nt like to lose,plus even more.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

DBowling
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1300
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:23 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 134 times

Re: McMullin News

#4

Post by DBowling » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:18 pm

RickD wrote:DBowling,

Since you're a mcmullin supporter, maybe you can answer this. Why is mcmullin running for president? He has to know that he has absolutely no chance of being elected. He says he's running to win, so we'd have to assume that anyone supporting his campaign takes him at his word.
I think he's actually explained his strategy... and part of it appears to actually be working.

His stated strategy is to take Utah and thus prevent both Trump and Clinton from getting to 270.
If no one gets 270 then the election is thrown to the House, and McMullin is hoping that Trump and Clinton would both be so toxic that the House would choose him instead.

Pipe Dream? Possibly
But taking Utah doesn't look like so much of a pipe dream any more.

But right now any honest analysis of the race demonstrates that there is only one candidate who has the possibility of exceeding 270 electoral votes, and I refuse to vote for her.
Trump has put himself into a hole so deep that even the collective efforts of Putin and Assange won't be enough to pull him out. And now Trump is into a scorched earth mode that is likely to bring an end to the Republican party as a viable national party.

So if I have to vote for someone who doesn't have a chance, I'll vote for McMullin over Trump any day.
Why would I even consider voting for someone whose whole life is diametrically opposed to Christian values especially when he has no chance of winning?

A failed and putrid Trump candidacy is not a hill that I am going to compromise my morals for.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 20923
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 190 times
Been liked: 1039 times

Re: McMullin News

#5

Post by RickD » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:39 pm

DBowling wrote:

I think he's actually explained his strategy... and part of it appears to actually be working.

His stated strategy is to take Utah and thus prevent both Trump and Clinton from getting to 270.
If no one gets 270 then the election is thrown to the House, and McMullin is hoping that Trump and Clinton would both be so toxic that the House would choose him instead.

Pipe Dream? Possibly
But taking Utah doesn't look like so much of a pipe dream any more.
If that's what he thinks, he's delusional.
I'd really like to know what possesses someone to run for president, like mcmullin thinks he's doing, when he has to know he has no chance to win. It's very expensive to run a presidential campaign. And unless he's completely funding it on his own, it seems dishonest at best, and an outright scam on the order of a false faith healer like Benny Hinn, at worst.


The way I see this election, there are 5 choices a voter can make:
1) vote for Hillary

2) vote for Trump

3) vote for third party

4) abstain

5) write in someone else

And of those 5 choices, only two are actually in the realm of realistically coming true. 1 and 2.

As bad as those two choices are, they're all we really have to choose from. And as far from an ideal candidate trump is, his policies are far less dangerous for our country, than Hillary's are.

We aren't voting for saint of the US. We're not voting for a pastor to lead us spiritually. We're voting for a sinner who we believe will not destroy our country as quickly as Hillary will. And if trump appoints some intelligent people, we might even have a pretty good administration.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 4771
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 166 times

Re: McMullin News

#6

Post by abelcainsbrother » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:03 pm

DB if morality is so important to you,it would be immoral to throw your vote away on a candidate that you know cannot win if Hillary is elected.The damage she would do to America would be immoral,but not if Trump wins and does what he's running on.You NeverTrumpers will be responsible if she wins and does what she is running on.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 4771
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 166 times

Re: McMullin News

#7

Post by abelcainsbrother » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:07 pm

DB if morality is so important to you,it would be immoral to throw your vote away on a candidate that you know cannot win if Hillary is elected.The damage she would do to America would be immoral,but not if Trump wins and does what he's running on.You NeverTrumpers will be responsible if she wins and does what she is running on. You cannot just say you're willing to tolerate her immorality as a President and even NeverTrumpers know what she would do.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

DBowling
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1300
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:23 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 134 times

Re: McMullin News

#8

Post by DBowling » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:26 am

RickD wrote: The way I see this election, there are 5 choices a voter can make:
1) vote for Hillary

2) vote for Trump

3) vote for third party

4) abstain

5) write in someone else

And of those 5 choices, only two are actually in the realm of realistically coming true. 1 and 2.
I disagree with you here.

I've been tracking the electoral map in detail for the last four weeks, and only one of the above choices has a realistic chance of actually coming true.
Hillary Clinton will be the next President of the United States... Trump has made sure of that already.
If we use 'realistic possibility of winning' as a criteria for voting, then at the moment any vote that is not a vote for Clinton is a wasted vote.

The Republicans know Trump isn't going to win. That is why they are distancing themselves from Trump. I think Trump knows he isn't going to win either, which is why he is going scorched earth.

I think an equally legitimate question is, why is Trump staying in the race?
He is a toxic candidate. He's already succeeded in putting Hillary in the White House. All Trump can do now by continuing his scorched earth candidacy is give the Senate and possibly the House to the Democrats as well.

I cannot and will not vote for Clinton, the only Presidential candidate that has a realistic chance to win. Therefore, I am choosing to vote for the Presidential Candidate who best represents my positions and values. And that person is Evan McMullin.
And on election day, I think it is also important to support down ballot candidates and ballot proposals that represent my values as well.

My .02

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 4771
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 166 times

Re: McMullin News

#9

Post by abelcainsbrother » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:08 am

DBowling wrote:
RickD wrote: The way I see this election, there are 5 choices a voter can make:
1) vote for Hillary

2) vote for Trump

3) vote for third party

4) abstain

5) write in someone else

And of those 5 choices, only two are actually in the realm of realistically coming true. 1 and 2.
I disagree with you here.

I've been tracking the electoral map in detail for the last four weeks, and only one of the above choices has a realistic chance of actually coming true.
Hillary Clinton will be the next President of the United States... Trump has made sure of that already.
If we use 'realistic possibility of winning' as a criteria for voting, then at the moment any vote that is not a vote for Clinton is a wasted vote.

The Republicans know Trump isn't going to win. That is why they are distancing themselves from Trump. I think Trump knows he isn't going to win either, which is why he is going scorched earth.

I think an equally legitimate question is, why is Trump staying in the race?
He is a toxic candidate. He's already succeeded in putting Hillary in the White House. All Trump can do now by continuing his scorched earth candidacy is give the Senate and possibly the House to the Democrats as well.

I cannot and will not vote for Clinton, the only Presidential candidate that has a realistic chance to win. Therefore, I am choosing to vote for the Presidential Candidate who best represents my positions and values. And that person is Evan McMullin.
And on election day, I think it is also important to support down ballot candidates and ballot proposals that represent my values as well.

My .02
It is the opposite Trump is ahead and the establishment in both parties is panicked. This is why the Republicans tried to take out Trump with the sex talk tape,but it did not work.Trump is still ahead but we have to be concerned with election and vote fraud,because they stole it away from Bernie in the primaries and very well could try it against Trump. The difference is he is a fighter unlike Bernie and will not stop fighting if it is somehow rigged. He has a plan in place just in case but a landslide win can defeat election/vote fraud and there is no reason to think Hillary is winning,even if you don't like Trump. Drudge's polls all throughout the primaries showed a big win for Trump after every debate and Trump won big and got more votes than any other Republican ever has and Donald Trump beats Hillary big after every debate,so Trump is gonna win big. And as far as Trump's scorched earth candidacy. Trump tried to do it the establishment way being nicer and they stabbed him in the back,so he is going back to what got him here with his brawling style - the outside candidate non-politician against the establishment in both parties to win.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

DBowling
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1300
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:23 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 134 times

Re: McMullin News

#10

Post by DBowling » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:45 pm

Rick asked me a very relevant question the other day.
Can I actually cast a vote for McMullin in my state?

It will have to be a write-in, but the answer is...
Yes, McMullin is eligible for write-in votes in my state.

My son was going to vote for Johnson, but some online survey somewhere convinced my son that McMullin's positions are actually the closest to his.
So on election day, my son and I are going to contribute two votes for Evan McMullin... woot... woot...

Here is an article that lays out the states where a person can cast a vote for Evan McMullin.
https://heatst.com/politics/evan-mcmull ... he-ballot/

Evan is actually on the ballot in 11 states.
He is eligible for write-in ballots in another 23 states.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 20923
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 190 times
Been liked: 1039 times

Re: McMullin News

#11

Post by RickD » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:00 pm

DBowling wrote:Rick asked me a very relevant question the other day.
Can I actually cast a vote for McMullin in my state?

It will have to be a write-in, but the answer is...
Yes, McMullin is eligible for write-in votes in my state.

My son was going to vote for Johnson, but some online survey somewhere convinced my son that McMullin's positions are actually the closest to his.
So on election day, my son and I are going to contribute two votes for Evan McMullin... woot... woot...

Here is an article that lays out the states where a person can cast a vote for Evan McMullin.
https://heatst.com/politics/evan-mcmull ... he-ballot/

Evan is actually on the ballot in 11 states.
He is eligible for write-in ballots in another 23 states.
Don't tell me you've corrupted your son with this mcmullin fairytale.

I guess the acorn doesn't fall too far from the tree.

And good for Ewan mcmullin. He'll have a grand total of two votes in your state. :lol:

Who is your dad voting for? He seems like the brains of the family.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

DBowling
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1300
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:23 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 134 times

Re: McMullin News

#12

Post by DBowling » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:29 pm

RickD wrote: Don't tell me you've corrupted your son with this mcmullin fairytale.
I guess the acorn doesn't fall too far from the tree.
Actually he's away at college. While he was here at home he was planning on voting for Johnson.
So that's all him.

In fact during the primaries, he knew I was voting for Kasich, but he decided to vote for Rubio.
This is his first election, and he's taking it very seriously.
Too bad his first election had to be this romp through the sewer. But I think he actually wants to vote FOR someone instead of trying to figure out who is truly the worst of two evils.
Who is your dad voting for? He seems like the brains of the family.
My dad is truly brilliant, but I have to think for myself.

My dad and mom despise the Clintons! (and I haven't fallen far from that tree).
The last time we talked, his logic for voting for Trump is he believed that Clinton was more evil than Trump, and the Supreme Court by itself was reason enough to vote for Trump.

However that was before Trump demonstrated that it is possible to be more deplorable and abusive to women than Bill Clinton was.
So, I'll be interested in my dad's thoughts next time we chat.

My wife was hanging in there for Trump until this last week.
She is now sick of the election and plans not to vote. I'm trying to convince her that down ballot votes are important to place some limits on President Hillary, but she is beyond disgusted at this election.

November 8 can't get here soon enough!

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 20923
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 190 times
Been liked: 1039 times

Re: McMullin News

#13

Post by RickD » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:26 pm

Your son is in college and he's not voting for Hillary? Doesn't he know Hillary is offering free college tuition?

Sheesh! Kids these days just don't understand basic economics.

Your wife won't vote? Maybe she's the smart one. If I keep listening to Trump, I may not vote either.

But I'm told that since I live in Florida, my vote may actually count.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

DBowling
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1300
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:23 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 134 times

Re: McMullin News

#14

Post by DBowling » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:22 am

RickD wrote: But I'm told that since I live in Florida, my vote may actually count.
Yeah... Florida is definitely one of the key states this year.

There are four states that pretty much tell us where the election is at this year.
New Hampshire
North Carolina
Florida
Ohio

According to RCP, Clinton is currently leading in all four of those states. And she only has to win one of those 4 states to lock in the 270 electoral votes she needs to win the election.

Trump needs to win all four of those states to have a chance to reach 270.

Three of those 4 states are on the East Coast and Clinton currently has a 3.6 point lead in New Hampshire according to RCP. So on November 8, New Hampshire will most likely be the first indicator of where the election is headed.

For those (like myself) tracking the McMullin 'pipe dream'.
If Trump makes a comeback (which doesn't look likely right now) and happens to win all four of the states mentioned above... and if McMullin pulls out a win in Utah... then there is a decent chance that neither Trump or Clinton will reach 270 and the election will be thrown to the House.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 20923
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 190 times
Been liked: 1039 times

Re: McMullin News

#15

Post by RickD » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:02 am

DBowling wrote:

If Trump makes a comeback (which doesn't look likely right now) and happens to win all four of the states mentioned above... and if McMullin pulls out a win in Utah... then there is a decent chance that neither Trump or Clinton will reach 270 and the election will be thrown to the House.
I guess you need to hold onto something, to justify the fact that you're helping Clinton get into the White House.

:wave:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

Post Reply