Equality, Collectivism, Barbarism

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Equality, Collectivism, Barbarism

Post by PaulSacramento »

John Wright addresses :
I reader whose opinions I do not dismiss has pressed upon me the argument that unchecked immigration of unassimilated immigrants is a danger to the Union, to our way of life, and the West. I entirely agree.

He identifies the horrid but empty concept that goes by the name diversity as the main justification used by those mounting the threat, and, again, I utterly agree.

But then he says that equality, not equality of outcomes, mind you, but the spiritual equality of men before God and the legal equality of men before the Law, is the true source of the danger, the thing that makes diversity possible, perhaps inevitable, and that a society based on equality rather than on race-loyalty is a philosophical experiment as Utopian and doomed as the daydreams of the Communists. He points to the decline and fall of Rome to show the dangers of race mixing and unchecked immigration.
http://www.scifiwright.com/2016/09/equa ... more-16817

This here, IMO, sums it up very well:

I defined my terms: equality is not equality of outcomes, but is spiritual equality of men before God and the legal equality of men before the Law. It means no man is born worthy of chains and no man born worthy of a crown.