Israel: Small Country, Big Ideas

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Israel: Small Country, Big Ideas

Post by Gman »

Israel (Bible Land), where the true geeks hang out.. :mrgreen:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVx3z0Lxbs8[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKQqExx8wsk[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3y43dO42F8[/youtube]
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Lonewolf
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Israel: Small Country, Big Ideas

Post by Lonewolf »

Is it wrong for a Christian to be anti-Israel and pro-Palestinian in this modern conflict?
Your outward profession of having put on Christ, has as yet to put off Plato from your heart!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

G-d help us all!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Lonewolf wrote:Is it wrong for a Christian to be anti-Israel and pro-Palestinian in this modern conflict?
Only if said Christian is an ignorant nincompoop. Or a Democrat.

FL :D
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Lonewolf
Valued Member

Post by Lonewolf »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
Lonewolf wrote:Is it wrong for a Christian to be anti-Israel and pro-Palestinian in this modern conflict?
Only if said Christian is an ignorant nincompoop. Or a Democrat.

FL :D
Well, I'm not a dummycrat., neither am i republicant., and ignorant i am of many things, so i do classify., but as to a nincompoop, well, being foolish is a trait of mine., i just can't help myself

i am interested to read from you all ~> why it is so hard for western society in general, in this day and age, not to see the plight of the Palestinian people., and i'm not talking about Hamas or such., i'm saying '"Palestinian people"
Your outward profession of having put on Christ, has as yet to put off Plato from your heart!
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

:popcorn:
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

I don't think anyone who follows what's going on over there, doesn't sympathize with the Palestinian people.

I heard this the other day, and I think it says a lot about what's going on there:

Israel Uses Missiles To Protect Its Citizens. Hamas Uses Citizens To Protect Its Missiles.

Many Palestinians are human shields.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

melanie
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female

Post by melanie »

It is not wrong for a Christian to take a humantium standpoint, devoid of politics and what we 'think we should say'
God does not care for the 'republicans'
The Almighty has no intersest in the 'democrats'
Leave to the world what is the worlds (politics), and deal with what comes from the spirit.
Hamas has much to answer for;
And Israel's actions are incomprehensible and not of 'christ', I question the motives of both sides, I question the bloodshed of both sides with the burden of loss resting on Israel.
Too many civialion casualities, do not bomb UN schools and hospitals, Hamas are not hiding there! Children are.
How can we excuse either side?
Two wrongs have never made a right!
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

well said mel.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

That depends on WHY.
Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Ivellious »

Blindly placing blame on one side or the other for no reason other than religion or their ancestry is the worst kind of foolish, in my opinion. Same goes for blindly idolizing one side for the same reasons.

As far as I'm concerned, people in both Palestine and Israel are heavily in the wrong, and many civilians with no control over their situation are taking the worst of the damage in turn. It's just a sad situation overall, and one that is not so black and white that you can label one side as the "good guys" and the other as the "bad guys."
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Ivellious wrote:Blindly placing blame on one side or the other for no reason other than religion or their ancestry is the worst kind of foolish, in my opinion. Same goes for blindly idolizing one side for the same reasons.

As far as I'm concerned, people in both Palestine and Israel are heavily in the wrong, and many civilians with no control over their situation are taking the worst of the damage in turn. It's just a sad situation overall, and one that is not so black and white that you can label one side as the "good guys" and the other as the "bad guys."
It's actually pretty simple to label. Israel=good guys. Hamas=bad guys. Palestinian citizens=expendable to Hamas.

It all boils down to this. Israel is surrounded by people that want her wiped off the face of the earth, and will stop at nothing to accomplish it. Hamas fires rockets from churches and schools. Israel has to defend herself, and still try not to kill civilians. Hamas doesn't care about Palestinians. To Hamas, Palestinian citizens are a tool used to attack Israel.

-Edward R Murrow

SeekingSanctuary
Established Member

Post by SeekingSanctuary »

Well, I would say it is ignorant. Yes, civilians have died during the conflict, but the sheer responsibility falls on Hamas. First, they continuously use the Palestinian people as shields.

http://www.algemeiner.com/2014/08/07/co ... n-shields/

This article is limited as it does not go into the proper amount of detail. However, it does point out that Hamas does keep hostages in hospitals and keeps around them to keep people from attack them. Similarly they have launched missiles from near by hospitals and hotels (only hotels are mentioned in this article, though there have been reports). Hamas tactics 101, stay near civilians so the enemy is less likely to attack.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/j ... alestinian

They also use UN schools. This article details the first time that the UN found missiles being stored in UN schools. There were two other times I am aware of, sadly all the news sources that bothered talking about it were very biased pro-Israel articles.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... #pagebreak

Continuing on Hamas is keeping very strict control of the media. They control what the press is allowed to video and tweet under threat of violence. Any reporter in the country is at their mercy, and they don’t have much for people who dare to be critical of them. I’d suggest reading this article above all others. I didn’t even know that the tunnels into Israel from Gaza were made by children, nor did I know about the high death toll of those children.

http://freebeacon.com/national-security ... irstrikes/

(admittedly the linked article is from biased source. However if you ever watch Jake Tapper’s show on CNN you know about this already) Israel regularly warns the civilians before they bomb to get them to go to safety. That’s how evil they are. The Palestinian government cares about their people so much they try and get them to stay in harms way. Human shields are so hard to come by, you know?

I won’t even touch the indoctrination. But Hamas is a mess.

You don’t need much awareness to see that Israel cares more about the Palestinian people than Hamas does. Hamas uses their citizens as hostages, meat-shields, and political pawns while Israel actively tries to keep them alive while protecting their own.

(I know this is badly written. I was putting my thoughts in order as I went. If any part is hard to read tell me)
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

melanie wrote:It is not wrong for a Christian to take a humantium standpoint, devoid of politics and what we 'think we should say'God does not care for the 'republicans'The Almighty has no intersest in the 'democrats'Leave to the world what is the worlds (politics), and deal with what comes from the spirit.Hamas has much to answer for;And Israel's actions are incomprehensible and not of 'christ', I question the motives of both sides, I question the bloodshed of both sides with the burden of loss resting on Israel. Too many civialion casualities, do not bomb UN schools and hospitals, Hamas are not hiding there! Children are.
Have you ever heard the American aboriginal phrase, ''White man speaks with forked tongue''? Speaking with a ''forked tongue'' means you say one thing to someone but have a totally different intention behind their backs. Well, the Palestinians ''speak with forked tongue'' very well:

http://www.palwatch.org is a site that watches the Palestinian media and what it says in Arabic, then translates it into Western languages so that we may understand the hatred that is being inculcated to their Muslim audience.

Your ignorance is bliss! Click on the link! Learn what you don't want to know.

FL :amen:
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Lonewolf
Valued Member

Post by Lonewolf »

Sad to say, but you're all looking at things from either a "religious" mind, or a "western" mind., not from the heart!

It is the story of Amerika