Israel: Small Country, Big Ideas

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
1over137
Technical Admin
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Israel: Small Country, Big Ideas

Post by 1over137 »

My sense of humor is ok. Don't worry.

Roger, what you consider funny may not be funny for others.

My apology for not handling this privately. I just wished people see we have some forum rules.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

1over137 wrote:Roger, what you consider funny may not be funny for others.
I understand that there are cultural differences in humor. I'm a polyglot; I get it. British humor is not like American humor, Mexican humor is very different from Spain's, and so on. There are also differences in humor as a person gets older. Young people tend to take things so seriously, so rigidly. I see this in my son of 33 (maybe he's 34 or 35, I don't remember) and sometimes I want to burst out laughing at the things he finds important...but then my wife kicks me under the supper table and I snuff out my laughter into a big grin. y:D I think my wife would kick me under the table if you and the Australian lady were having supper at our place. You both seem...uh...stiff...uh, rigid. So, while you certainly have a sense of humor, it is still seems quite in bondage to me.

When you get older, you'll understand.

Anyway, I wanted to say that any time a topic on Israel comes up, you can be sure that those Christians who nurse the old sin of anti-semitism will come out of the woodwork. As I've said before, Israel is a litmus test for the Christian: those who have the sin will call for all manner of sanctions, divestments or will even deny God's hand in Israel's re-establishment...even with the biblical evidence before them, they deny God's Hand! it is just amazing! :pound:

I never start these Israel discussions but I seem to be the one getting into trouble. Since Gman is the one who starts them, may I suggest that he be banned from G&S for all eternity? After all, keeping the peace is more important than the Truth, right?

FL :lol:
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
1over137 wrote:Roger, what you consider funny may not be funny for others.
I understand that there are cultural differences in humor. I'm a polyglot; I get it. British humor is not like American humor, Mexican humor is very different from Spain's, and so on. There are also differences in humor as a person gets older. Young people tend to take things so seriously, so rigidly. I see this in my son of 33 (maybe he's 34 or 35, I don't remember) and sometimes I want to burst out laughing at the things he finds important...but then my wife kicks me under the supper table and I snuff out my laughter into a big grin. y:D I think my wife would kick me under the table if you and the Australian lady were having supper at our place. You both seem...uh...stiff...uh, rigid. So, while you certainly have a sense of humor, it is still seems quite in bondage to me.

When you get older, you'll understand.

Anyway, I wanted to say that any time a topic on Israel comes up, you can be sure that those Christians who nurse the old sin of anti-semitism will come out of the woodwork. As I've said before, Israel is a litmus test for the Christian: those who have the sin will call for all manner of sanctions, divestments or will even deny God's hand in Israel's re-establishment...even with the biblical evidence before them, they deny God's Hand! it is just amazing! :pound:

I never start these Israel discussions but I seem to be the one getting into trouble. Since Gman is the one who starts them, may I suggest that he be banned from G&S for all eternity? After all, keeping the peace is more important than the Truth, right?

FL :lol:
Yep a typical FL answer. Your a bemusing man.
The thread topic is irrelevant, your 'humour' is spread pretty evenly all over this forum.
Then there is nastiness sugar coated as humour, you forgot tht one. Doesn't matter what country you come from tht type of 'humour' is universal.
I really don't need 16 more years under my belt to recognise the real issue here. Stay in your bubble I see you like it there.
Haha yes I'm rigid and stiff??
Anyone who knows me would laugh a lot about that one. I'm a complete ratbag and quite the cheeky bugger. But that's okay, I forgive you, can't let a bit of truth get in the way of a sideways, irrevelevant, inconsequential argument ;)
The ridiculous irony here is that I actually am quite fond of you, I do not dislike you, you just infuriate me slightly y>:D<
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Peace is not more important than truth.

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

#foreverinmyheart
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

melanie wrote:Then there is nastiness sugar coated as humour, you forgot tht one. Doesn't matter what country you come from tht type of 'humour' is universal.
Actually, I have humor, not humour. American spelling is always superior (superiour?) so it is the one I prefer.

I think what you interpret as ''nastiness'' on my part is actually irreverence. And questions like, ''Can extraterrestrials be saved?'' always generate an equally intelligent response from me as the thought that went into asking them.
melanie wrote:The ridiculous irony here is that I actually am quite fond of you...
Then...I must be doing something wrong.
melanie wrote:I really don't need 16 more years under my belt to recognise the real issue here.
Are you 41? You don't look that old. Do you Botox?

FL :D
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Lonewolf
Valued Member
Sex: Male

Post by Lonewolf »

FL, you have been trying hard and tough to label me anti-Semite, and all I can respond to that is that ~> I don't even know what that means(?) I get along with whoever gets along with me, kneegrow, gringo gabacho, raghead, chino, ruskie, critiano, catolico, judio or whatever., i'm an equal opportunity hater., religion or race does not affect my minute intellect or feelings., what does affect me is what is right and what is wrong, and i know when someone is doing wrong to me, and i also know when someone is doing wrong to a people and/or persons., and when i see a one sided story being told any-which way you like to tell it, i'm not going to say yeah, i'm good with it because that's what i interpret things in the Bible to have been prophesied about., wrong is wrong, whether objective or subjective, and to try to brand someone anti-Semite for it is wrong on your part, plain and simple as can be.

Now, I'm sure you have your reasons for reasoning the way you do, and I'm ok with that. I can debate you on that all day and all night long on it, but, when you start using whatever sense of humor you play on your 30+ years olds, i have to tell you, i'm not your son, Pop's, so i got to call you on it, I'm not down like that, and if you were to be around me when you say certain things, christian or not, i would pop you in the mouth., but be as it may, you're out of my reach, you're on the world wide web, and so we all must put up with some, but that doesn't mean that we can be friends, cause I'm not your friend anymore., I'll be your brother in Christ, but i ain't your friend in www terms, at least not while you get along the way you do with insults and such!
Your outward profession of having put on Christ, has as yet to put off Plato from your heart!
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Lonewolf, please, watch your words as well.

If this thread will not continue with the topic, but personal talks, I will then lock it.

#foreverinmyheart
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

1over137 wrote:Lonewolf, please, watch your words as well.
I didn't see anything upsetting in what Lonewolf wrote.

I saw an interview on TV with a young man who was a Grand Dragon of the Ku Klux Klan. Mr Grand Dragon insisted that he wasn't a racist. I believed him: in his mind, he's not a racist.

Now, I've already provided a link to the Jewish Virtual Library showing that anti-Zionism is a form of anti-Semitism. So, if you are anti-Zionist but you don't consider yourself an anti-Semite, then you are like that KKK Grand Dragon...

FL :D

+ + +

+ + +
BryanH
Valued Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male

Post by BryanH »

I was reading this topic here and I was surprised that you turned this into a discussion about what ever you turned it into.

The problem between Israel and Palestine is a political one and it is fueled by a resources dispute. It has nothing to do with God and religion.

And the big question is: who supplies missiles to Israel and Palestine? I see countries around the globe offering charity support... Idiots!!! Stop supplying the missiles!! That would help... Dohhh!!
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

BryanH wrote:
I was reading this topic here and I was surprised that you turned this into a discussion about what ever you turned it into.
You should not be surprised. All threads about Israel get twisted from their original topic and inevitably expose the innate antisemitism that afflicts most of us.

FL y~o)

+ + +

+ + +