The Fallacy Of Political Labels

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
jcgood
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

The Fallacy Of Political Labels

Post by jcgood »

Is it possible that everyone doesn't fit in a political label? If a person has not professed to be a "liberal"...why should he be labeled one? Labels are mostly for

children, medicine, and ppps....pedantic, political pundits.... :mrgreen:

But seriously, as a follower of Christ...I think that labels are for the skin deep....and seriously impede constructive, political discourse.

The more rigid one's partisanship....the more it will be a weight around their neck.....and compel them to rigorously defend their illusive grasp on their narrow interpretation of political reality.

The only place where true, political reality is....The Kingdom Of God and His Christ the King.

If a person defends a "liberal" stance on one or two issues...it doesn't make that person fit a "box".

Why can't we understand that the goal of discussion is to understand the other person's view....not to just practically communicate the inappropriate attitude ..eg.."yeah...that's another one of "those" people.

I have been labeled a left winger....but I actually think that privately administered schools would be better.....that's not a "liberal" talking.

As a Christian...I am "pro-life".....which includes gun control and the opposition to unnecessary, pre-emptive wars.

I also am "pro-education".....and I actually have a "conservative" stance on this issue; which simply stated...

I strongly propose private schooling...that comes with public money....with only the minimal, "safety" strings attached.

At the end of the day.....government is about what is just for all...and what actually works....for all.

"Labels are for the limited"....JC Goodman
Last edited by jcgood on Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The wise are those who utter words with respect to God's ears and eyes".. JC Goodman

The problem with a hypocrite...is that he doesn't know that he is one ...JC Goodman

"Whining and complaining about...the government...or being zealously partisan;
is actually and honestly..... a distrust in the sovereignty of God...JC Goodman
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: The Fallacy Of Political Labels

Post by RickD »

The sound of silence is deafening.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
jcgood
Established Member

Post by jcgood »

It takes ears to hear....
brother....I can lend you mine.....
"The wise are those who utter words with respect to God's ears and eyes".. JC Goodman

The problem with a hypocrite...is that he doesn't know that he is one ...JC Goodman

"Whining and complaining about...the government...or being zealously partisan;
is actually and honestly..... a distrust in the sovereignty of God...JC Goodman
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

jcgood wrote:It takes ears to hear....
brother....I can lend you mine.....
What?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony