Presidential Election 2012

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Seraph
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Presidential Election 2012

Post by Seraph »

The election for the next President of the Unided States is creeping up.

Who are YOU rooting for?
I am committed to belief in God, as the most morally demanding, psychologically enriching, intellectually satisfying and imaginatively fruitful hypothesis about the ultimate nature of reality known to me - Keith Ward
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Presidential Election 2012

Post by RickD »

Seraph wrote:The election for the next President of the Unided States is creeping up.

Who are YOU rooting for?
If I vote, I'll vote for Herman Cain because he's black.
A lot of people voted for Obama because he's black. And, he got elected. Maybe it'll work for Herman Cain too. :ewink:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Murray »

As much as I would love hermain cain to get the nomination, he won't, because he gets no media coverage. It's a shame because I always think he's got the best ideas and generally I think he does pretty well in the debates.

So realistically I'm goin for Rick Perry, maybe Cain as VP ;)

Perry Cain 2012 :swoot:
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

I wish we were having an election in 2012, we have a hung parliament with an atheist at the helm. Most of the nation thinks she is the worst P.M. in history lol, so much for atheism. :pound:
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Johnny916
Familiar Member

Post by Johnny916 »

I lost my interest for voting. But I know a lot of people love Ron Paul for some reason.
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

Your prime minister is an atheist?
narnia4

Post by narnia4 »

You're probably in Australia talking about Julia Gillard, right? She has a man as a "domestic partner" instead of a husband and she doesn't believe in God... that certainly wouldn't fly in America (of course judging by her comments that I read you still have to be careful what you say).

I was actually more interested in politics in my mid-teens, some of these people are so self-serving that the belief that they profess doesn't really seem to make any difference.
Young, Restless, Reformed
kmr
Valued Member

Post by kmr »

To be honest, I am not satisfied with, really, any of the major candidates running at this time. Everyone seems to like to make the game of politicking far more complicated than it should be... trying to outsmart their opponents and the like. I tend to adopt conservative values in favor of liberal ones (by their warped definitions in the United States :roll: ), but I suppose that I will wait and see who seems the most firm and decisive....
- KMR

Dominum meum amō!
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

Perry created the best economy in the united states, created 40% of americas jobs in the last 10 years, Will pass a Federal bill blocking gay marriage, maybe even restore some of the christian values this country is loosing.
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

What might some of those values be that we are losing?

I'll be voting for Obama, unless one of the republican canidates manages to impress me somehow. He is blamed for many things that are beyond the realm of the president and I think he is overall a fine president, much better than any of the republican candidates. I do not agree with republican economics or their other ideologies. And despite how much pandering they do to Christians, I do not think they are by any means the "Christian" party as they would like you to think.
I am committed to belief in God, as the most morally demanding, psychologically enriching, intellectually satisfying and imaginatively fruitful hypothesis about the ultimate nature of reality known to me - Keith Ward
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Seraph wrote:What might some of those values be that we are losing?

I'll be voting for Obama, unless one of the republican canidates manages to impress me somehow. He is blamed for many things that are beyond the realm of the president and I think he is overall a fine president, much better than any of the republican candidates. I do not agree with republican economics or their other ideologies. And despite how much pandering they do to Christians, I do not think they are by any means the "Christian" party as they would like you to think.
You have got to be kidding me. Two stimulus packages and a 3rd one on the way that will put our great grandchildren in debt is not enough? He prints money faster than the printers can churn them out. The effects of his (dire) fiscal policies will be felt for generations to come.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Canuckster1127
Old School

Post by Canuckster1127 »

I haven't decided yet and probably won't until much later in the process.

I'm not happy with the choices I see presented so far. I'm an independent. I didn't vote for Obama last time. I'm open to it this time, if for no other reason than to maintain some balance. I'm not a teapartier and I'm not impressed with that they've done so far. They're obstructionists and have presented no viable plan, nor demonstrated the ability to negotiate with others who don't agree 100% with them. Just breaking government without a plan is a large part of the reason the US credit rating was down-graded (Credit worthiness is based in large part in the perception of trustworthiness of a country's leadership. The Tea-Party demonstrated they're willing to reneg on obligations to make a point.)

I strongly suspect the Senate will go Republican in 2012. If that happens and the house remains Republican I don't see it being a healthy thing for there to be a Republican President, especially if that president is just a populist rubber stamp with no real plan to address our problems.

Divided government isn't always a bad thing. I'm actually going to take a closer look at Ron Paul. I think the media is doing him and the country a great disservice by treating his candidacy as a joke.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

You have got to be kidding me. Two stimulus packages and a 3rd one on the way that will put our great grandchildren in debt is not enough? He prints money faster than the printers can churn them out. The effects of his (dire) fiscal policies will be felt for generations to come.
The way I see it, there was already enough debt to last until our great grandchildren prior to Obama's presidency thanks to George W Bush and his strategy to enter two wars without raising taxes to pay for it. The republican solution was to basically not raise taxes and pretend to want spending cuts without actually following through with them and that is still their solution. At the very least, Obama is the lesser of several evils. Solutions to saving the economy are going to require a lot of spending no matter what it is, as it seems just cutting spending until we're able to repay the debt and generate significant revenue would require an extreme amount of sacrifices.

Also, thanks for the great post Bart. Ron Paul actually slipped my mind, he would probably be the republican choice for me if I were to vote for one. Mitt Romney isn't an impossible choice but it isn't likely. Newt Gingrich or Michelle Bachman, probably not. Sarah Palin...lol
kmr
Valued Member

Post by kmr »

@Seraph

This is the reason I want to wait and see. The conservative economic ideology, in my opinion, is all about spending less money. That's the only possible way that we can get out of our debt. However, we can't spend MORE money to spend LESS, and I an frustrated with "Republicans" who like spending all this money. I don't want to raise taxes... that would freeze our economy and would be a huge gamble, because it still may not pay for our debt. Lowering spending is the only way, not the liberal idea of "Borrow money to stop our debt! Yay!" y:-?
- KMR

Dominum meum amō!
kmr
Valued Member

Post by kmr »

That last sentence was a bit of an exaggeration, haha, but you get the idea!
- KMR

Dominum meum amō!