Is Pres. Obama still a Muslim?

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Re: Is Pres. Obama still a Muslim?

Post by B. W. »

sinnerbybirth wrote:Well, I'm an independent. I just vote for the best liar. Who really knows our elected well enough to trust them? When you enter a job and retire a millionaire, WOW, sign me up.
:clap:

No I think we can grasp why inthe bible God had/has so much to say about those in charge failing the true test of character by how they rule, dispense justice, etc..,
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by BavarianWheels »

Gman wrote:I would judge a character more than someone putting their hand over their heart during the Nat'l Anthem. There is way more to a person then how they behave in public.. To each their own I guess.
Very true, Gman. There IS way more to a person than their behavior in public. However it seems more and more that the simple things, like respect for our country, anthem, and flag may have more weight on this leader's agenda/intentions.

Soros Has a Pastor Close to Obama On His Payroll

The reading just gets more interesting as I click from article to article.
August
Old School

Post by August »

Personally, I trust politicians about as far as I can throw them. They are all selfish egomaniacs, but unfortunately we have to live with them in some shape or form.
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
jlay
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by jlay »

Believe it or not, there are qualified honest candidates that run every year. Sadly they get lost in the shuffle of big money, big party politics. It is American's own fault that they continue to play this game. The constitution party has had a candidate on the ticket for several elections. But most are willing to be spoon fed by the media, don't do their own study, and keep supporting the McCains (retread), Palins (Scary nut bag), and myriad of fringe thinking leftist like Obama. As long as people refuse to look past the two parties, and rely on the mainstream media, we'll get the same results. That is why nothing will happen in this next election. It will just be a new group of big party crooks, replacing the old big party crooks.

The more of these articles you read, it really becomes obvious that it doesn't matter if Obama is Muslim or not. He is anti-American. What is even scarier is how many people in this country support his platform.
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

jlay wrote:Believe it or not, there are qualified honest candidates that run every year. Sadly they get lost in the shuffle of big money, big party politics. It is American's own fault that they continue to play this game. The constitution party has had a candidate on the ticket for several elections. But most are willing to be spoon fed by the media, don't do their own study, and keep supporting the McCains (retread), Palins (Scary nut bag), and myriad of fringe thinking leftist like Obama. As long as people refuse to look past the two parties, and rely on the mainstream media, we'll get the same results. That is why nothing will happen in this next election. It will just be a new group of big party crooks, replacing the old big party crooks.

The more of these articles you read, it really becomes obvious that it doesn't matter if Obama is Muslim or not. He is anti-American. What is even scarier is how many people in this country support his platform.
:thumbsup:

These people that voted for Ob-literate, were warned prior to their vote. What's scary is that they chose a person willing to tear down America over simply crooked politicians of which if given the choice, I pick the crook over the Muslim, anti-American any day of the week, and twice on the Sabbath. (heh)
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

BavarianWheels wrote:
jlay wrote:Believe it or not, there are qualified honest candidates that run every year. Sadly they get lost in the shuffle of big money, big party politics. It is American's own fault that they continue to play this game. The constitution party has had a candidate on the ticket for several elections. But most are willing to be spoon fed by the media, don't do their own study, and keep supporting the McCains (retread), Palins (Scary nut bag), and myriad of fringe thinking leftist like Obama. As long as people refuse to look past the two parties, and rely on the mainstream media, we'll get the same results. That is why nothing will happen in this next election. It will just be a new group of big party crooks, replacing the old big party crooks.

These people that voted for Ob-literate, were warned prior to their vote. What's scary is that they chose a person willing to tear down America over simply crooked politicians of which if given the choice, I pick the crook over the Muslim, anti-American any day of the week, and twice on the Sabbath. (heh)

You mean me bav...?
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Gman wrote:
BavarianWheels wrote:

You mean me bav...?
:lol:
August
Old School

Post by August »

Gman wrote:
BavarianWheels wrote:

You mean me bav...?
:esurprised: You voted for the communist Muslim over the Christian?
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

Gman wrote:You mean me bav...?
That's right, you do mention you voted for him. I guess you are included among the duped.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

BavarianWheels wrote:
That's right, you do mention you voted for him. I guess you are included among the duped.
Yeah right.. He was baptized at the Trinity United Church of Christ in 1988 and was an active member there for two decades. He might have had a shady past but he is a Christian now, and yet you probably would call anyone who opposes you a communist and a Muslim. Nice.. The only place I got duped was his support of the gay agenda which you freely seem to uphold.. Of course the liberal media does too..

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
August
Old School

Post by August »

Gman wrote:
BavarianWheels wrote:
Yeah right.. He was baptized at the Trinity United Church of Christ in 1988 and was an active member there for two decades. He might have had a shady past but he is a Christian now, and yet you probably would call anyone who opposes you a communist and a Muslim. Nice.. The only place I got duped was his support of the gay agenda which you freely seem to uphold.. Of course the liberal media does too..
It was me who called him a Muslim and communist...tongue in cheek, I might add.

But do you agree with Rev Jeremiah Wright? "Not God bless America...God damn America"? There is a lot available on what was taught at that church, and I would not consider it very Christian.

In any case, just to play devils advocate, is everyone who is baptized and attends church a Christian? Do Christians remove crosses from places they speak? Do Christians support abortion and gay marriage? Do Christians believe that all religions "know the same God"? Do Christians doubt the inerrancy of the Bible? Do Christians call the Islamic evening call to prayer "one of the prettiest sounds on earth"? Can you point to a Christian testimony from Obama himself?

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Gman wrote:
BavarianWheels wrote:
Gman, you might want to do a little background check on Good ole Rev. Wright & his church before making statements like that. As for Obama being a Christian now, you might want to do a little research on that one too...Wasn't Hitler a Roman Catholic until the day he died? I'm starting to sound like a broken record when I keep saying this. Just because someone claims to be Christian, doesn't mean he is. Look at the fruit. It's all in the fruit. On the other side, I can understand the frustration that people have that would allow them to want a change(Obama). I just don't think it was the change we were hoping for. is this the "Christian" man who baptized Obama?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hPR5jnjtLo
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

Gman wrote:
BavarianWheels wrote:
Once again you add words, twist and change ideas and attribute someone elses words to me. Show me where I said these things. I presented what is the going view of Americans, so if you have debate, it's with at least 20% of America.

Let's also take a look at another article posted today.
President Obama's Compulsive Appeasement Disorder

Is this really the type of "christian" we want leading us? Once again I'll say that oblister is in because in the least, God allowed him there. But it appeases me that in the same way, the Pharoah of Egypt was also a tool of God.

Is the gay agenda really every Christian's only point of being duped?
BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

This is a quote from another blog, but posted to the above article.
The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the presidency. It will be easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to an electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails us. Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The republic can survive a Barack Obama. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president.
it followed with, "Amen to that."
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

August wrote:
It was me who called him a Muslim and communist...tongue in cheek, I might add.

But do you agree with Rev Jeremiah Wright? "Not God bless America...God damn America"? There is a lot available on what was taught at that church, and I would not consider it very Christian.

In any case, just to play devils advocate, is everyone who is baptized and attends church a Christian? Do Christians remove crosses from places they speak? Do Christians support abortion and gay marriage? Do Christians believe that all religions "know the same God"? Do Christians doubt the inerrancy of the Bible? Do Christians call the Islamic evening call to prayer "one of the prettiest sounds on earth"? Can you point to a Christian testimony from Obama himself?
I believe I'm the most outspoken critic on this forum when it comes to the Muslim faith. Also I think I know a Muslim when see one too.. Sorry, but I don't think Obama is a closet Muslim..

Anyways, I'm also from Idaho, and couldn't lower my standards to vote for Palin.. I couldn't afford to see another wardrobe malfunction. No offense.. ;)