Schwarzenegger legalizes gay marriage in California

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
touchingcloth
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: Schwarzenegger legalizes gay marriage in California

Post by touchingcloth »

You're going to have to offer something more substantial than "you'll understand when stood before god" if you're going to make a statement that essentially lumps homosexuals in with Charles Manson.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by cslewislover »

ageofknowledge wrote:
zoegirl wrote:OCnsidering that she is a voter, then that would make it her concern. It's quite valid to be frustrated with the state of one's state or society in general. I would be concerned as well and I don't live there.
True, I just don't want her to get overly stressed or have a physical ailment develop from all that's happening out here. She's WAY too nice of a person. That's why I advise relaxing and giving it over to God (after writing about 5 letters to all of your "representatives" of course).
:lol:

BTW, touchingcloth, we are to respect all people, yes. But in the California schools the kids are taught that being gay is just as normal as being heterosexual - but - if your child doesn't agree with that, then they are required to go to counseling. It's been a while since I read about this, but I seriously doubt that it has changed. So, to me, the schools are overstepping their bounds in what others consider a moral or religious stance, and what we can teach our kids as parents. Tolerance is fine, but this isn't tolerance - it's total acceptance of something I disagree with. Believe me, I'm not saying I'm perfect (far far from it) and don't sin still, but I'm not going to call homosexuality OK when God teaches that it is not.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by ageofknowledge »

touchingcloth wrote:You're going to have to offer something more substantial than "you'll understand when stood before god" if you're going to make a statement that essentially lumps homosexuals in with Charles Manson.
Nevertheless, I'm asserting that you will if not before. Charles was a side point. What I was doing was explaining that celebrating sinful behavior and the people that have a reputation for engaging it to the fullest is very different than correcting a racial injustice. The point seems to have eluded you.
touchingcloth
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by touchingcloth »

And the point seems to eluded you that being of a certain sexuality is no more 'sinful' than is being of a certain race.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

touchingcloth wrote:And the point seems to eluded you that being of a certain sexuality is no more 'sinful' than is being of a certain race.
???? Where are you getting this?

From: http://www.gotquestions.org/homosexuality-Bible.html

Question: "What does the Bible say about homosexuality? Is homosexuality a sin?"

Answer: The Bible consistently tells us that homosexual activity is a sin (Genesis 19:1-13; Leviticus 18:22; 20:13; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9). Romans 1:26-27 teaches specifically that homosexuality is a result of denying and disobeying God. When people continue in sin and unbelief, God “gives them over” to even more wicked and depraved sin in order to show them the futility and hopelessness of life apart from God. 1 Corinthians 6:9 proclaims that homosexual “offenders” will not inherit the kingdom of God.

God does not create a person with homosexual desires. The Bible tells us that people become homosexuals because of sin (Romans 1:24-27) and ultimately because of their own choice. A person may be born with a greater susceptibility to homosexuality, just as some people are born with a tendency to violence and other sins. That does not excuse the person's choosing to sin by giving in to sinful desires. If a person is born with a greater susceptibility to anger/rage, does that make it right for him to give into those desires? Of course not! The same is true with homosexuality.

However, the Bible does not describe homosexuality as a “greater” sin than any other. All sin is offensive to God. Homosexuality is just one of the many things listed in 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 that will keep a person from the kingdom of God. According to the Bible, God's forgiveness is just as available to a homosexual as it is to an adulterer, idol worshipper, murderer, thief, etc. God also promises the strength for victory over sin, including homosexuality, to all those who will believe in Jesus Christ for their salvation (1 Corinthians 6:11; 2 Corinthians 5:17; Philippians 4:13).
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by ageofknowledge »

cslewis is right touchingcloth. I'm not saying what you think I'm saying.
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

ageofknowledge wrote:True, I just don't want her to get overly stressed or have a physical ailment develop from all that's happening out here. She's WAY too nice of a person.
:D True, she is! I agree 100% Sad that she has to worry about that kind of stuff though.
cslewislover wrote:But in the California schools the kids are taught that being gay is just as normal as being heterosexual - but - if your child doesn't agree with that, then they are required to go to counseling.
:shakehead: And we are the intolerante ones? See it's not just cal, soon it will be every public school and the kids across this nathion are already being indoctrinated to believe that if they don't agree they are haters.
The very point in all this though. The government has once more decided to say "we don't care what you want, we will do what we want." Sorry, but that is not their role to be playing, they answer to us, or at least that is how it is supposed to be.
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
Imperial
Established Member

Post by Imperial »

mmmm ignorance and discrimination even though you're losing the fight :) yummy
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

Just because the government doesn't want to listen to the majority doesn't mean we are losing. We can just vote those who don't listen, out of office. We own them, they work for us, and they will learn that the hard way if that is what it takes. They will be standing in the unemployment line, and it will be their fault.
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
Imperial
Established Member

Post by Imperial »

Gabrielman wrote:Just because the government doesn't want to listen to the majority doesn't mean we are losing. We can just vote those who don't listen, out of office. We own them, they work for us, and they will learn that the hard way if that is what it takes. They will be standing in the unemployment line, and it will be their fault.
hmmmm wasnt Obama for gay rights? And he's President? Hmmmmmmm somthin tells me your "Majority" fails
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

Sure, but he didn't win on that, his approval ratting is going down, and last I checked he only won because people were sick of the wars and spending...... but hey, well see how it goes...
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

Imperial wrote:
Gabrielman wrote:Just because the government doesn't want to listen to the majority doesn't mean we are losing. We can just vote those who don't listen, out of office. We own them, they work for us, and they will learn that the hard way if that is what it takes. They will be standing in the unemployment line, and it will be their fault.
hmmmm wasnt Obama for gay rights? And he's President? Hmmmmmmm somthin tells me your "Majority" fails
Yes, if you look at the states' voting records, Obama wasn't voted in because of gay rights. The states keep voting down marriage for gays. You are reacting in a disrespectful (dare I say "hateful") way yourself if you think that people that simply disagree with you have hate in them. You are name-calling. You will be banned permanently if you cannot accept that differing opinions and takes on morality do not equal hate. If you have something to talk about, to let us know why you think the way you do, then please do that.
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by ageofknowledge »

Obama was voted in because he positioned himself as a positive non-specific message that everyone could imprint their personal dream on while a modern liberal media, government organs, and a modern liberal public education system did their absolute utmost best to get him elected.

Now that everyone's seeing he's not going to give them their "dream" from his "stash" as one ignorant uneducated dropout from Detroit put it, his white voter approval ratings have dropped to 39% from about 71%. Blacks continue to vote for him no matter what because he is 1/2 black and a Democrat and most latinos do as well because he is a Democrat and a non-white.

But in 2012 the formula will be effected exactly as it was the first time and the white approval rating will shoot up as the sheepoles are duped for the second time and he will be relected and then it will fall again when the "dreams" don't materialize again from his "stash."
ezer
Newbie Member

Post by ezer »

Hello to all~my name is ezer and this is my first post in this forum.I'm not gay quite the opposite,however due to circumstances beyond my control I have been acquainted with a gay couple from Northern CA.who got married when the opportunity presented itself.

These young men have adopted my last dog from a relative I gave him to that past away.They know I'm a True Believer and they are very respectful of me and allow me to remain a part of my former dog's life.I suppose I might be the only Bible these men ever read so I'm repaying their respect to me with respect.

Who knows what the future might bring?I say know the scriptures so if the questions come I will be prepared for them.
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

That's great!
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"