Obama's Abortion Extremism

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Mrs K
Familiar Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age

Obama's Abortion Extremism

Post by Mrs K »

Here's an excellent article that clearly outlines Obama's extreme pro-abortion position based on his past political actions (which are a matter of public record):
  • Obama's Abortion Extremism - "Barack Obama's views on life issues ranging from abortion to embryonic stem cell research mark him as not merely a pro-choice politician, but rather as the most extreme pro-abortion candidate to have ever run on a major party ticket."
Written by Robert P. George, McCormick Professor of Jurisprudence and Director of the James Madison Program in American Ideals and Institutions at Princeton University. He is a member of the President's Council on Bioethics and previously served on the United States Commission on Civil Rights.

This article was written in October 2008 before the election, so refers to him as Senator. It is a pity this article was not more widely distributed to pro-life voters before the election as it may have encouraged them to vote differently.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Obama's Abortion Extremism

Post by Jac3510 »

Thanks for the link. That is a very strong article. I wasn't aware of it during the campaign. If I had been, everyone I know would have read it . . .
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
Cross.eyed
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Cross.eyed »

Same here, I knew some of this in bits and pieces but nothing compared to the article!
How can anyone devalue life to such a degree??

Thanks again Mrs K.
I am the wretch the song refers to.
Echoside
Valued Member

Post by Echoside »

"This proposed legislation would create a federally guaranteed "fundamental right" to abortion through all nine months of pregnancy, including, as Cardinal Justin Rigali of Philadelphia has noted in a statement condemning the proposed Act, "a right to abort a fully developed child in the final weeks for undefined 'health' reasons."

:shock:
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female

Post by cslewislover »

Echoside wrote:"This proposed legislation would create a federally guaranteed "fundamental right" to abortion through all nine months of pregnancy, including, as Cardinal Justin Rigali of Philadelphia has noted in a statement condemning the proposed Act, "a right to abort a fully developed child in the final weeks for undefined 'health' reasons."

That is really unbelievable and hideous.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Cross.eyed
Valued Member

Post by Cross.eyed »

cslewislover wrote:
Echoside wrote:"This proposed legislation would create a federally guaranteed "fundamental right" to abortion through all nine months of pregnancy, including, as Cardinal Justin Rigali of Philadelphia has noted in a statement condemning the proposed Act, "a right to abort a fully developed child in the final weeks for undefined 'health' reasons."

That is really unbelievable and hideous.
Yes it is, if I could just think of words that were fitting.......

I feel even sicker...again! :crying:
I am the wretch the song refers to.
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by ageofknowledge »

Hey I thought it was "above his [e.g. Obama] paygrade." If it's so above his paygrade was is he pushing it as hard as he can?
Imperial
Established Member
Christian: No

Post by Imperial »

Mrs K wrote:Here's an excellent article that clearly outlines Obama's extreme pro-abortion position based on his past political actions (which are a matter of public record):
  • Obama's Abortion Extremism - "Barack Obama's views on life issues ranging from abortion to embryonic stem cell research mark him as not merely a pro-choice politician, but rather as the most extreme pro-abortion candidate to have ever run on a major party ticket."
Written by Robert P. George, McCormick Professor of Jurisprudence and Director of the James Madison Program in American Ideals and Institutions at Princeton University. He is a member of the President's Council on Bioethics and previously served on the United States Commission on Civil Rights.

This article was written in October 2008 before the election, so refers to him as Senator. It is a pity this article was not more widely distributed to pro-life voters before the election as it may have encouraged them to vote differently.
OH NO! woman will have reproductive rights??? now that's just terrible :roll: ... (i see no problem here)
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

And the man who helped create the life has no say in if they get a child cause the woman wants to kill it. Bravo. :shakehead: I will never marry a woman who will kill a child of mine, and if she does I will divorce.
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
Imperial
Established Member
Christian: No

Post by Imperial »

Gabrielman wrote:And the man who helped create the life has no say in if they get a child cause the woman wants to kill it. Bravo. :shakehead: I will never marry a woman who will kill a child of mine, and if she does I will divorce.
aaand that would not be what i was saying. IF one of the parents actually wants the child, then an abortion wouldn't be necessary. I do believe the abortion should be a choice between both parents.
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by ageofknowledge »

Imperial wrote:
Mrs K wrote:Here's an excellent article that clearly outlines Obama's extreme pro-abortion position based on his past political actions (which are a matter of public record):

OH NO! woman will have reproductive rights??? now that's just terrible :roll: ... (i see no problem here)
As a birth father, I have to say that men should have reproductive rights as well. I wouldn't have wanted my son killed by his mother. He's now an adult with a Master's degree from UCSD in an engineering discipline and doing GREAT.

How would you like to be in love and ask a woman to marry you and hear her say yes then leave with someone else and kill your unborn child on the way out? It almost happened to me when I was about 21. Instead an adoption occurred to a Christian family.

But this scenario of a father watching his girlfriend kill off his unborn son or daughter happens everyday in this country and is as unacceptable as allowing Americans to suffer and die without medical care (something I'll assume you do not support).

Try to look at different sides of an issue. Women should have reproductive rights, of course, but so should men. This has to be worked out better than it currently is.