Religon and Wars

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Religon and Wars

Post by UsagiTsukino »

How much is the whole Religion causes most wars? Like we do have the crusaders and many others
DBowling
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Religon and Wars

Post by DBowling »

UsagiTsukino wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:52 pm How much is the whole Religion causes most wars? Like we do have the crusaders and many others
I'm not sure I agree that religion is the cause of "most" wars.
To the best of my knowledge the two World Wars (WWI and WWII) were not caused by religion.

And historically, many of the "religious" wars were not really caused by religion. People just used religion as an excuse to go to war for other reasons, such as land, power, etc...
Philip
Site Owner
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

No one will ever be able to say that Christians - least those truly following the Bible's teachings - ever STARTED a war. Course, they may well have to respond in defense. But as for people who merely CALL themselves Christians but aren't truly following Christ or have deviated from His Word and teachings - yeah, those people can easily start wars. And we must remember, Christianity is NOT a religion! (ALL religions are filled with lies and false teachings - even though often mingled with some good things (which is how lies best take root, when attached to some level of truth).
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by UsagiTsukino »

Yea but sadly because we have people using the bible for evil many are saying it would be better to not have religion. But that's not true. Has many were indeed land not religion.