Covid vaccine personal experiences

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Covid vaccine personal experiences

Post by RickD »

I don't think its being ignored, the cdc is still investigating the level of immunity and the duration of immunity that those who have recovered have.
It wasn’t even mentioned. We’ve had people that had COVID way before the vaccines came out. They don’t know the duration of immunity for the vaccine, yet they’re saying that fully vaccinated people can get back to normal now. Why one, and not the other, when they don’t know the duration of immunity for either?
Does the cdc have some proof that our immune systems work differently with the virus that causes Covid-19? Because the way the immune system works in a healthy individual, there’s long term or even lifelong immunity. Without evidence otherwise, doesn’t it seem a little off, that they doubt our immune system?
The latest information that I've seen is that if a person has recovered from covid, then one shot should bring them to the same level of immunity that two shots from a mRNA vaccine provides to a person without any antibodies.
Do you have a link with actual studies that corroborate this? Or are you just regurgitating what you’re being told?
But the takeaway here is that the announcement by the cdc today is excellent news!!
It shows that the vaccination program in the US is working.
And this is the first step in getting the US population as a whole 'back to normal' safely.
Yes, for the fearful among us, the govt has allowed them some hope.
That is good news for everyone. :D
It’s certainly comforting for those who think that they weren’t safe before. If it gets my hospital to allow us not to wear a mask everywhere, then it’s good news for me. Otherwise, it doesn’t make any difference to me, because the only place I wear a mask is at work.

Something just doesn’t sit right with this. Only fully vaccinated(those that followed our mandate) can go back to a sense of normalcy. Those of you who suffered through COVID-19, and/or built a natural immunity, well... that’s tough doodoo.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

RickD wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:38 pm
I don't think its being ignored, the cdc is still investigating the level of immunity and the duration of immunity that those who have recovered have.
It wasn’t even mentioned. We’ve had people that had COVID way before the vaccines came out. They don’t know the duration of immunity for the vaccine, yet they’re saying that fully vaccinated people can get back to normal now. Why one, and not the other, when they don’t know the duration of immunity for either?
Does the cdc have some proof that our immune systems work differently with the virus that causes Covid-19? Because the way the immune system works in a healthy individual, there’s long term or even lifelong immunity. Without evidence otherwise, doesn’t it seem a little off, that they doubt our immune system?
The latest information that I've seen is that if a person has recovered from covid, then one shot should bring them to the same level of immunity that two shots from a mRNA vaccine provides to a person without any antibodies.
Do you have a link with actual studies that corroborate this?
Antibody Responses in Seropositive Persons after a Single Dose of SARS-CoV-2 mRNA Vaccine
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2101667
But the takeaway here is that the announcement by the cdc today is excellent news!!
It shows that the vaccination program in the US is working.
And this is the first step in getting the US population as a whole 'back to normal' safely.
Yes, for the fearful among us, the govt has allowed them some hope.
And there is also hope for those who care about human lives and are looking forward to reaching herd immunity and a 'return to normalcy'
without needlessly throwing away any more human lives.

Which I think would be (or at least should be) good news for everyone.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

DBowling wrote:
From your link:
We found that a single dose of mRNA vaccine elicited rapid immune responses in seropositive participants, with postvaccination antibody titers that were similar to or exceeded titers found in seronegative participants who received two vaccinations. Whether a single dose of mRNA vaccine provides effective protection in seropositive persons requires investigation.
The results on your link do not show levels of immunity. They show levels of antibodies after vaccination. The study certainly doesn’t show that “one shot should bring them to the same level of immunity...”. They’d need to do a study on people who had antibodies from natural immunity, reinfect them with the sars-cov-2 virus again, and compare that antibody level, with the level of those who received one vaccine dose. Those with natural immunity, may already have the same level or greater level of immunity as those receiving two doses of vaccines.
And there is also hope for those who care about human lives and are looking forward to reaching herd immunity and a 'return to normalcy'
without needlessly throwing away any more human lives.
And who exactly are you saying are those who DO NOT care about human lives? Those who choose not to get vaccinated?
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

RickD wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:42 pm
DBowling wrote:
From your link:
We found that a single dose of mRNA vaccine elicited rapid immune responses in seropositive participants, with postvaccination antibody titers that were similar to or exceeded titers found in seronegative participants who received two vaccinations. Whether a single dose of mRNA vaccine provides effective protection in seropositive persons requires investigation.
The data is the data...
I'm not going to argue with the data.

But I do think I should clarify one thing.
While a number of countries are recommending only one mRNA dose for those who have recovered, the US is currently still recommending two doses.

VERIFY: US officials say to get two vaccine doses, even if you've had COVID-19
https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/veri ... d6decfb41f
QUESTION:
If you’ve recovered from coronavirus, do you only need one dose of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine instead of two?

ANSWER:
Not in the United States. Regulators and officials say these are important questions to ask, but data is too preliminary to change official recommendations. As of right now, everyone who receives an mRNA vaccine should get two doses.
But getting back to the change in cdc recommendations announced yesterday.
These first steps towards normalcy are good news for everyone.
The vaccination process in the US is working.
With more and more people getting vaccinated, covid cases in the US are dropping and most importantly covid deaths in the US are dropping.

As people continue to get vaccinated we move closer and closer to herd immunity.
And as we get closer to herd immunity we get closer to a return to normal for everyone.

That's good news.
That's something that everyone can look forward to.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

DBowling wrote:
The data is the data...
I'm not going to argue with the data.
And apparently you’re not going to use any data that actually backs your assertion.
:lol:
But I do think I should clarify one thing.
While a number of countries are recommending only one mRNA dose for those who have recovered, the US is currently still recommending two doses.
And since there’s no data that shows natural immunity doesn’t work with the sars-Covid-2 virus, why do you think they’re pushing two doses? Come on now...think...you can do it!
But getting back to the change in cdc recommendations announced yesterday.
These first steps towards normalcy are good news for everyone.
The “first steps toward normalcy” were already in motion before we had vaccines, when the death and hospitalization rates started to come down.
The vaccination process in the US is working.
With more and more people getting vaccinated, covid cases in the US are dropping and most importantly covid deaths in the US are dropping.
Covid deaths were dropping before vaccinations.
Let’s hope that these “vaccines” do as promised, and help speed up the process that had already begun.
As people continue to get vaccinated we move closer and closer to herd immunity.
And as we get closer to herd immunity we get closer to a return to normal for everyone.

That's good news.
That's something that everyone can look forward to.
Like I said before, I don’t need to look forward to getting close to a return to normal. It’s already pretty close to normal here. But if these “vaccines” help the scared feel like we’re getting back to normal, then the vaccines are a success in my book!

Since you’ve dodged the my question again, I’ll ask one more time...

And who exactly are you saying are those who DO NOT care about human lives? Those who choose not to get vaccinated?

-Edward R Murrow

DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

RickD wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:24 pm

And who exactly are you saying are those who DO NOT care about human lives?
You are right... I was dodging that question, because my answer probably wouldn't contribute to the stated purpose of the board.
I'll send you a PM.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

DBowling wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:22 pm
RickD wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:24 pm

And who exactly are you saying are those who DO NOT care about human lives?
You are right... I was dodging that question, because my answer probably wouldn't contribute to the stated purpose of the board.
I'll send you a PM.
Best response yet! You win the internetz!!!!

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Because sometimes a little laughter is the best medicine.

-Edward R Murrow

DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

Here is Franklin Graham's vaccine message to evangelicals

Great quote...
"I am pro-life, and I want to save life"
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Franklin in regards to getting the vaccine:
“I encourage people to pray about it...”

“It’s a personal choice...”

Amen, Franklin! I’ve prayed about it, and I choose to rely on my God-given immune system that worked when I was exposed to Covid-19, in my high risk job.

Free-will, and the right to choose to get or not get this vaccine, is a great gift from God, upheld by the freedoms we enjoy in this nation!

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Fauci the fraud, and master of misinformation. Anyone with an iota of discernment can see that Fauci can’t be trusted.

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Quick update to my personal work situation…

Some hospitals in my area are either mandating Covid vaccines as a condition of employment, or are putting conditions on those who aren’t vaccinated. At least for the time being, my hospital has taken the well thought out, logical stance that mandating the vaccine may cause a loss of a lot of employees, which would put a huge damper on patient care. So they decided not to mandate the Covid “vaccine” for now. In fact, this decision has actually helped the nursing shortage in our hospital, because some of the nurses who worked at hospitals mandating the “vaccine” didn’t want the “vaccine”, so they are working at my hospital.

Covid numbers, and the overall hospital census has taken a pretty big drop the last couple of weeks. It seems the Covid patient numbers have peaked and are on the decline at this time.

-Edward R Murrow

Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Stu »

RickD wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:38 pmI don't think its being ignored, the cdc is still investigating the level of immunity and the duration of immunity that those who have recovered have.
According to Israeli data it seems that 6 months is were vaccine immunity wears off. Hence why they are now pushing for a third shot.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Stu wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:59 am
RickD wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:38 pmI don't think its being ignored, the cdc is still investigating the level of immunity and the duration of immunity that those who have recovered have.
According to Israeli data it seems that 6 months is were vaccine immunity wears off. Hence why they are now pushing for a third shot.
That was actually DBowling’s quote from post #210.

Regardless,probably the largest study on the subject, which is out of israel, shows that someone who had the Pfizer “vaccine” is 6-13 times more likely to get a breakthrough case of Covid, than someone who has natural immunity, would get Covid again.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 21262415v1

-Edward R Murrow

melanie
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female

Post by melanie »

I know two young men in hospital right now who are having some serious reactions to the vaccine. My daughters 19yr old boyfriend and his 23yr old uncle. I've just found this out tonight. They were both vaccinated 6 days ago, they went together. The next day after vaccination my daughters bf was feeling unwell, bad headache but nothing too serious then he lost feeling to his right arm, completely in his hand. He went to hospital and the doctor said he was unsure exactly what was going on but his best guess was that the vaccine was pooling in his hand and to go home, raise his hand above his head and his heart and hopefully the vaccine would distribute around his body. The doctor also mentioned to him that he was seeing a lot of bizarre reactions of the vaccine. His uncle was also feeling unwell with chest pain but didn't go to hospital. My daughters bf has continued to have a real problem with his hand, his been to the doctors twice in 6 days as it is still very numb and painful. Doctors can't see anything physically wrong with it as in no inflammation, infection ect. Nobody has been able to tell him anything as to why it is happening. Then tonight he developed a rash all over his body and was finding it difficult to breath plus chest pain so he went straight to hospital. The last I heard they had him on a heart monitor and were doing tests. Now to make this even more alarming, his uncle is now in the same hospital with severe chest pain. These are young fit men, my sister's bf is a health nut and a gym fanatic. That is why he took the vaccine, so he could go to the gym.