men are having less sex and leaving the workforce

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1408
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Has liked: 366 times
Been liked: 24 times

Re: men are having less sex and leaving the workforce

#16

Post by thatkidakayoungguy » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:00 am


User avatar
edwardmurphy
Prestigious Senior Member
Posts: 1895
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:45 am
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 111 times

Re: men are having less sex and leaving the workforce

#17

Post by edwardmurphy » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:48 am

What's your point?
If you're accustomed to privilege equality may feel like oppression.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 20699
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 187 times
Been liked: 1030 times

Re: men are having less sex and leaving the workforce

#18

Post by RickD » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:17 am

edwardmurphy wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:48 am
What's your point?
I think his point is that if a man hits and threatens a woman, and then gets shot by the woman who he's abused, somehow that means it's the woman's fault.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1408
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Has liked: 366 times
Been liked: 24 times

Re: men are having less sex and leaving the workforce

#19

Post by thatkidakayoungguy » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:27 pm

RickD wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:17 am
edwardmurphy wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:48 am
What's your point?
I think his point is that if a man hits and threatens a woman, and then gets shot by the woman who he's abused, somehow that means it's the woman's fault.
WHAT? As usual, blaming the man.
No, what I mean is a female can punch a male for all types of reasons and it's considered ok, but not so for the reverse. That is NOT saying it's always or only the male that started it.

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Posts: 8882
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:29 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Ontario, Canada
Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 331 times

Re: men are having less sex and leaving the workforce

#20

Post by PaulSacramento » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:45 am

edwardmurphy wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:18 am
PaulSacramento wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:54 am
Yeah, women have never had any say in things, yeah, the vagina holds no influence at all !
It's true, here in the West the wife owns the vagina, not the husband.

That's been true since the founding of our republic the 1970s in most of the US, 1985 in New York and Alabama, and 1993 in Oklahoma and North Carolina. It's been the case in Canada since 1983.

Prior to those dates spousal rape wasn't a crime in those places. In other words, the wife may have carried the vagina around with her, but it was the husband's to use as he saw fit, wherever and whenever he pleased. If "no" was in the wife's vocabulary it was because the husband allowed it to be.

Was there ever a time when straight, white, American men had that little physical autonomy? I can't think of one.

yeah, in the past women has no say in anything, ever !
LMAO !

User avatar
edwardmurphy
Prestigious Senior Member
Posts: 1895
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:45 am
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 111 times

Re: men are having less sex and leaving the workforce

#21

Post by edwardmurphy » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:58 am

PaulSacramento wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:45 am
yeah, in the past women has no say in anything, ever !
LMAO !
All I'm saying is that feminism, the gay rights movement, the civil rights movement, FFR, and all the rest were effects rather than causes. I never said that women never had say in anything. That's you trying to build a strawman for some reason.
If you're accustomed to privilege equality may feel like oppression.

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Posts: 8882
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:29 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Ontario, Canada
Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 331 times

Re: men are having less sex and leaving the workforce

#22

Post by PaulSacramento » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:39 am

edwardmurphy wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:58 am
PaulSacramento wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:45 am
yeah, in the past women has no say in anything, ever !
LMAO !
All I'm saying is that feminism, the gay rights movement, the civil rights movement, FFR, and all the rest were effects rather than causes. I never said that women never had say in anything. That's you trying to build a strawman for some reason.
I don't think anyone is denying they were effects.
We probably will disagree and what drove those movements but it isn't really the issue.

It's kind of joke really, especially when I hear about the "patriarchy", LOL!

People that talk about the patriarchy should meet a Jewish mother-in-law !

If you look at actual influence, even the most patriarchal societies were NOT that patriarchal.

Some people point out those "machismo" latin societies as patriarchies for example, but actually live there and you see who really '"wears the pants".
Sure it far less obvious ( maybe that is why some choose not to see it), but those in the community know, heck, they see it everyday.


To be honest, I am waiting for the silliness of the patriarchy to go the way of the silliness of the "wage gap" BS.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 20699
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 187 times
Been liked: 1030 times

Re: men are having less sex and leaving the workforce

#23

Post by RickD » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:17 pm

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:27 pm
RickD wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:17 am
edwardmurphy wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:48 am
What's your point?
I think his point is that if a man hits and threatens a woman, and then gets shot by the woman who he's abused, somehow that means it's the woman's fault.
WHAT? As usual, blaming the man.
No, what I mean is a female can punch a male for all types of reasons and it's considered ok, but not so for the reverse. That is NOT saying it's always or only the male that started it.
Who says it's "ok" for a woman to punch a man?

You do realize that we have laws against assault, don't you?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1408
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Has liked: 366 times
Been liked: 24 times

Re: men are having less sex and leaving the workforce

#24

Post by thatkidakayoungguy » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:38 pm

RickD wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:17 pm
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:27 pm
RickD wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:17 am
edwardmurphy wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:48 am
What's your point?
I think his point is that if a man hits and threatens a woman, and then gets shot by the woman who he's abused, somehow that means it's the woman's fault.
WHAT? As usual, blaming the man.
No, what I mean is a female can punch a male for all types of reasons and it's considered ok, but not so for the reverse. That is NOT saying it's always or only the male that started it.
Who says it's "ok" for a woman to punch a man?

You do realize that we have laws against assault, don't you?
Yea, but look at the media. Little kids. The "wife with the pan" meme. Sure, it's illegal, but it happens and it's more overlooked or rather underreported.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 20699
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 187 times
Been liked: 1030 times

Re: men are having less sex and leaving the workforce

#25

Post by RickD » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:47 pm

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:38 pm
RickD wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:17 pm
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:27 pm
RickD wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:17 am
edwardmurphy wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:48 am
What's your point?
I think his point is that if a man hits and threatens a woman, and then gets shot by the woman who he's abused, somehow that means it's the woman's fault.
WHAT? As usual, blaming the man.
No, what I mean is a female can punch a male for all types of reasons and it's considered ok, but not so for the reverse. That is NOT saying it's always or only the male that started it.
Who says it's "ok" for a woman to punch a man?

You do realize that we have laws against assault, don't you?
Yea, but look at the media. Little kids. The "wife with the pan" meme. Sure, it's illegal, but it happens and it's more overlooked or rather underreported.
So, overlooked and underreported = OK.

Got it.

:fryingpan:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Fliegender
Recognized Member
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:44 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Location: Epsilon eridani
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 3 times

Re: men are having less sex and leaving the workforce

#26

Post by Fliegender » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:00 pm

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:38 pm
...but look at the media. Little kids. The "wife with the pan" meme. Sure, it's illegal, but it happens and it's more overlooked or rather underreported.
That isn’t a “wife with the pan” meme. It’s two Episcopal married gays. So it’s okay. Men often bond by horsing around.

:fryingpan:

Post Reply