What are we complaining about?!?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
adeepati
Newbie Member
Christian: No

What are we complaining about?!?

Post by adeepati »

Our forefathers did without sugar until the 13th century; without coal fires until the 14th century; without battered bread until the 15th century; without potatoes until the 16th century; without coffee, tea, and soup until the 17th century; without pudding until the 18th century; without eggs, matches, and electricity until the 19th century; without canned goods until the 20th century. Now, what was it we were complaining about?

React to this paragraph.

What can you do without these days?

Your Cell Phone? Your TV?

What are you grateful to God for?
Felgar
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Felgar »

It's a really good point. Often when I hear people lamenting how our world is falling apart, I remind them of the very same thing. We are better off now than ever before. The sad part is that so many have misused their position of comfort and actually reject the one who is ultimately responsible for it.

Additionally, one of the main reasons that people can have so much and still feel so empty is because they've not known God; so seeing such despair in a society that is so blessed, to me underscores more than has ever been seen before, the fundamental need that we all have for God in our lives.
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

i am grateful for: having a healthy body (despite the many tortures i've put it through!), my brothers, the second chance i've been given by Jesus, the opportunity to change myself and my circumstances, my country, my job, my church, the food i will be eating today, my ps2 :D

what am i complaining about? everything. :? now isn't that pathetic?

what i can do without: tv, this computer, alcohol
New Creation
2 Corinthians 5:7