Prove God's existence

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Kurieuo wrote:we are also called to give a reason for why we believe
If you read in my post I did give reason why I believe. I said:
I went to God and asked Him to prove His love to me and prove to me He is here and loves me. WEll, He did. He revealed Himself to me and it changed me forever.
What I was responding to was the post that was written about proving God to people.
How do you prove God's existence without the use of faith or the Bible? Prove it scientifically. How can one be 100% sure that there is a God? That's a great question to be ready to answer.
I simply responded by saying it is not our job as Christians to prove God exists. That Bible verse you quoted me in 1 Pet 3:15 says
give the reason for the hope that you have
It does not say to prove God exists to anyone. We as Christians should not feel that it is up to us to prove to nonbelievers that God exists. God can do this just fine on His own and much better than any attempt that we could ever make in trying to do so. It lifts the heavy burden up off of us knowing that is not our job.

It is good to discuss scientific facts, theories and creation. It really gets people thinking. It can even lead people to seek God out on their own, (which when they find Him is the only way for them to know 100% that He exists) But after all the scientific debates no one can really make God known to a person, only God Himself can do this.

:) :)

God says, "Seek Me and you will find Me."
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

I believe we're in agreement BeachGal ;)

Kurieuo.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)