Abdul becomes a Christian...what does he do with his 4 wives?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
User avatar
Fliegender
Established Member
Posts: 202
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:44 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Location: Epsilon eridani
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 18 times

Abdul becomes a Christian...what does he do with his 4 wives?

#1

Post by Fliegender » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:07 pm

Hello Bored Moderators, Vauxhall Drivers and You,

An atheist who keeps wanting to trap me asked me this question:

If a Muslim with 4 wives becomes a Christian, what does he do with his wives?

After congratulating him on his tough question, I thought about it for a day or so* and answered him that if each wife wanted to remain married to him, he had the biblical obligation to remain married and to provide for their welfare (food, lodging, clothing, manicures and visits to the heath club...). God’s original plan was for one woman to be married to one man. Divorce is only permitted in cases of adultery. A marriage may also be biblically dissolved if one partner becomes a Christian and the other wishes to leave...but in Abdul’s hypothetical case, his 4 Muslim wives wish to remain married to their now-Christian husband. So Abdul-the-Christian must remain married to 4 women.

(I also told my atheist acquaintance that his question was quite preposterous and such a situation would be as improbable as winning the lottery’s grand prize 4 times in a row.)

So, any comments?

:amen:

*no, after initially thinking, “What a ridiculous idea!” I answered him without really giving the matter much thought.
“If you’re ugly, you’re ugly. Stop talking about ‘inner beauty’ because no one goes around with X-ray vision.”
-Robert Mugabe

User avatar
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3395
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 560 times
Been liked: 306 times

Re: Abdul becomes a Christian...what does he do with his 4 wives?

#2

Post by Nessa » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:00 am

So the moral of the story is to get the multiple wives before one becomes a Christian...

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21307
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 199 times
Been liked: 1063 times

Re: Abdul becomes a Christian...what does he do with his 4 wives?

#3

Post by RickD » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:38 am

Does multiple wives mean multiple sammich makers?

Here's a serious answer:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gotque ... wives.html
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Fliegender
Established Member
Posts: 202
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:44 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Location: Epsilon eridani
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 18 times

Re: Abdul becomes a Christian...what does he do with his 4 wives?

#4

Post by Fliegender » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:43 am

RickD wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:38 am
Does multiple wives mean multiple sammich makers?

Here's a serious answer:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gotque ... wives.html
Your link pretty well agrees with my answer.

Abdul should get himself a Subway franchise.
“If you’re ugly, you’re ugly. Stop talking about ‘inner beauty’ because no one goes around with X-ray vision.”
-Robert Mugabe

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21307
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 199 times
Been liked: 1063 times

Re: Abdul becomes a Christian...what does he do with his 4 wives?

#5

Post by RickD » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:57 am

Fliegender wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:43 am
RickD wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:38 am
Does multiple wives mean multiple sammich makers?

Here's a serious answer:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gotque ... wives.html
Your link pretty well agrees with my answer.

Abdul should get himself a Subway franchise.
Seeing that the only Subway subs that are edible, are subs with bacon, and Abdul can't eat bacon, I'm not sure if a Subway franchise is the best idea.

Isn't it funny how atheists tend to pick the most obscure questions? How many polygamist Muslims have you heard of, that become Christians?

It's kinda like the "rape and incest" argument, for abortion.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Fliegender
Established Member
Posts: 202
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:44 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Location: Epsilon eridani
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 18 times

Re: Abdul becomes a Christian...what does he do with his 4 wives?

#6

Post by Fliegender » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:14 am

RickD wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:57 am
Seeing that the only Subway subs that are edible, are subs with bacon, and Abdul can't eat bacon, I'm not sure if a Subway franchise is the best idea...
As a Christian, Abdul could eat all the bacon he wants and wash it down with a Budweiser for good measure. A powerful argument for Christianity if there ever was one.

Abdul’s wives could also make Subway sandwiches with bacon for customers but would not be able to eat any...
“If you’re ugly, you’re ugly. Stop talking about ‘inner beauty’ because no one goes around with X-ray vision.”
-Robert Mugabe

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21307
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 199 times
Been liked: 1063 times

Re: Abdul becomes a Christian...what does he do with his 4 wives?

#7

Post by RickD » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:31 am

Fleabinder wrote:
As a Christian, Abdul could eat all the bacon he wants and wash it down with a Budweiser for good measure. A powerful argument for Christianity if there ever was one.
Silly me! I forgot he's a Christian now. Abdul should probably change his name, to a more Christian name, like Peter, or Paul.
Flugelbinder wrote:
Abdul’s wives could also make Subway sandwiches with bacon for customers but would not be able to eat any...
I don't think Muslims can even touch bacon. But since Abdul(Peter) is now a Christian, he can now command his wives to become Christians.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Fliegender
Established Member
Posts: 202
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:44 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Location: Epsilon eridani
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 18 times

Re: Abdul becomes a Christian...what does he do with his 4 wives?

#8

Post by Fliegender » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:03 pm

BoredModerator wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:31 am

Silly me! I forgot he's a Christian now. Abdul should probably change his name, to a more Christian name, like Peter, or Paul.
Yeah...but “Peter Badr-Sidqi” won’t convince anyone he’s American. Muslims are born with strange-sounding names.
Bus Pass Holder wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:31 am
I don't think Muslims can even touch bacon. But since Abdul(Peter) is now a Christian, he can now command his wives to become Christians.
Why would Abdul want to order his wives to become Christian? They would eat all the non-halal food at their Subway jobs (thereby eating Abdul’s profit) and he would have to pay them a salary too.

You really need to put on your thinking cap before answering again.
“If you’re ugly, you’re ugly. Stop talking about ‘inner beauty’ because no one goes around with X-ray vision.”
-Robert Mugabe

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21307
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 199 times
Been liked: 1063 times

Re: Abdul becomes a Christian...what does he do with his 4 wives?

#9

Post by RickD » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:33 pm

Transgender wrote:
Why would Abdul want to order his wives to become Christian? They would eat all the non-halal food at their Subway jobs (thereby eating Abdul’s profit) and he would have to pay them a salary too.
Gluttony is a sin in Christianity. That's why there are no fat Christians.

Just look how thin Joel Osteen is, and he's the perfect Christian!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Fliegender
Established Member
Posts: 202
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:44 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Location: Epsilon eridani
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 18 times

Re: Abdul becomes a Christian...what does he do with his 4 wives?

#10

Post by Fliegender » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:54 pm

FloridianFriar wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:33 pm

Gluttony is a sin in Christianity. That's why there are no fat Christians.
No. Gluttony is a sin in Roman Catholicism. Protestants may be obese and still enter heaven. Obese Catholics must purge their sin in purgatory first.
“If you’re ugly, you’re ugly. Stop talking about ‘inner beauty’ because no one goes around with X-ray vision.”
-Robert Mugabe

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21307
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 199 times
Been liked: 1063 times

Re: Abdul becomes a Christian...what does he do with his 4 wives?

#11

Post by RickD » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:55 pm

Non-binary gender wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:54 pm
FloridianFriar wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:33 pm

Gluttony is a sin in Christianity. That's why there are no fat Christians.
No. Gluttony is a sin in Roman Catholicism. Protestants may be obese and still enter heaven. Obese Catholics must purge their sin in purgatory first.
The reason why there's a stairway to Heaven, instead of a freight elevator, is because fat people can't climb stairs.

Therefore, no fat people in heaven.

Fat people must perform Richard Simmons' Sweatin' to the Oldies, before entering heaven.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Philip
Board Moderator
Posts: 8309
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Betwixt the Sea and the Mountains
Has liked: 391 times
Been liked: 621 times

Re: Abdul becomes a Christian...what does he do with his 4 wives?

#12

Post by Philip » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:02 pm

Rick: The reason why there's a stairway to Heaven, instead of a freight elevator, is because fat people can't climb stairs.

Therefore, no fat people in heaven.
So much for the outdoor baptismal pool!

Image

User avatar
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3043
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:54 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: UK
Has liked: 187 times
Been liked: 338 times

Re: Abdul becomes a Christian...what does he do with his 4 wives?

#13

Post by Storyteller » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:28 am

RickD wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:55 pm
Non-binary gender wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:54 pm
FloridianFriar wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:33 pm

Gluttony is a sin in Christianity. That's why there are no fat Christians.
No. Gluttony is a sin in Roman Catholicism. Protestants may be obese and still enter heaven. Obese Catholics must purge their sin in purgatory first.
The reason why there's a stairway to Heaven, instead of a freight elevator, is because fat people can't climb stairs.

Therefore, no fat people in heaven.

Fat people must perform Richard Simmons' Sweatin' to the Oldies, before entering heaven.
There are no fat people in heaven because they had to climb the stairway.... do you have any idea how many stairs there are?
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21307
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 199 times
Been liked: 1063 times

Re: Abdul becomes a Christian...what does he do with his 4 wives?

#14

Post by RickD » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:04 am

Storyteller wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:28 am
RickD wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:55 pm
Non-binary gender wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:54 pm
FloridianFriar wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:33 pm

Gluttony is a sin in Christianity. That's why there are no fat Christians.
No. Gluttony is a sin in Roman Catholicism. Protestants may be obese and still enter heaven. Obese Catholics must purge their sin in purgatory first.
The reason why there's a stairway to Heaven, instead of a freight elevator, is because fat people can't climb stairs.

Therefore, no fat people in heaven.

Fat people must perform Richard Simmons' Sweatin' to the Oldies, before entering heaven.
There are no fat people in heaven because they had to climb the stairway.... do you have any idea how many stairs there are?
Ask foozle why men in Alabama drive lifted pickup trucks. Hint-because fat chicks can't jump.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3043
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:54 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: UK
Has liked: 187 times
Been liked: 338 times

Re: Abdul becomes a Christian...what does he do with his 4 wives?

#15

Post by Storyteller » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:46 am

Yes.
And you can't make your own sammiches.
Your point is?
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran

Post Reply