Confusing

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Confusing

Post by UsagiTsukino »

Has a Christian sometimes I feel confused and I feel because of that I'm a terrible Christian or due to some of the things I believe in are terrible. How do I get rid of my worries?
Philip
Site Owner
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Confusing

Post by Philip »

Usagi: Has a Christian sometimes I feel confused and I feel because of that I'm a terrible Christian or due to some of the things I believe in are terrible. How do I get rid of my worries
What are you worried about? Take your concerns to the Lord, as Him to take your burdens. Stay close to and focused upon Him, as opposed to focusing on your fears - which only feeds them.
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by UsagiTsukino »

For example, I love Harry Potter or more importantly I try to understand the bible and get confused. I try my best but get confused.
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

Usagi: I try to understand the bible and get confused. I try my best but get confused.
Understanding the Bible correctly requires a proper approach - don't skip around it. Don't look for meanings outside of the immediate context, etc. Read a book from beginning to end - and read them in sequence.

Here is a good overview of why we can trust the Bible to be God's word. It also has a good listing of how to go about interpreting and understanding it correctly - post #81 on this page:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=38379&p=139927hilit ... re#p139927

And here is a good timeline of events the Bible covers - with approximate dates and the corresponding Scriptural references to key markers of the timeline: https://biblehub.com/timeline/
claysmithr
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by claysmithr »

What translation are you using? I find ESV more approachable than KJV for instance.

The bible is a living book, you get something out of it each time you read it through.

If you get confused, remember that God is not the author of confusion, that it lies into something you don't fully understand.

Keep up with the word and God will slowly reveal things.