Is Mr Rogers in heaven or not?!

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Is Mr Rogers in heaven or not?!

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

I very much would like him to be, he was one of the most Christ like people I recall outside of Biblical figures.
But seeing his religious views, it seems he was a universalist. How can one reconcile that with what the Bible says?
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Re: Is Mr Rogers in heaven or not?!

Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

Kid, hopefully you realize that Mr. Roger's present location has nothing to do with whether or not he embraced universalism - an obviously unBiblical belief. It has only to do with whether he embraced Christ in a sincere and committed faith. He certainly seemed to understand loving God and people - even though he may have not understood God's wrath, judgement, and that many will not inherit Heaven. A lot of saved people can't mentally and emotionally glue together a God of such unfathomable love with the narrow and only path to salvation (Jesus!) He insists upon.

Besides the above, the article is pathetic as it paints him with no more than random quotes without more context and without detailing whether his views may have evolved by the end of his life.
Blessed
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Blessed »

I hope so ...

I was a such a good person who brought joy and happiness to millions. I'm seeing all these, testimonies, claiming Robin Williams is in hell. Another person who brought joy and laughter to millions. I don't understand why someone like this would not be in heaven when they made so many people feel good.

Better than me. I haven't made anyone feel good. :(
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Is the criteria for going to Heaven how GOOD a person is? One of my friends, nicest guy you could ever meet - was once my roommate - he's an agnostic who is headed for hell unless He repents and embraces Jesus in faith. Did Robin Williams ever do this? I dunno - but if he never did...
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Philip wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:37 am Is the criteria for going to Heaven how GOOD a person is? One of my friends, nicest guy you could ever meet - was once my roommate - he's an agnostic who is headed for hell unless He repents and embraces Jesus in faith. Did Robin Williams ever do this? I dunno - but if he never did...
Ofc not, and that's the point of this thread.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Philip wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:55 pm Kid, hopefully you realize that Mr. Roger's present location has nothing to do with whether or not he embraced universalism - an obviously unBiblical belief. It has only to do with whether he embraced Christ in a sincere and committed faith. He certainly seemed to understand loving God and people - even though he may have not understood God's wrath, judgement, and that many will not inherit Heaven. A lot of saved people can't mentally and emotionally glue together a God of such unfathomable love with the narrow and only path to salvation (Jesus!) He insists upon.

Besides the above, the article is pathetic as it paints him with no more than random quotes without more context and without detailing whether his views may have evolved by the end of his life.
I thought that universalism is a heresy, and embracing it would doom one. However, since there are death bed converts it's possible he changed his views.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

ThatKid: I thought that universalism is a heresy, and embracing it would doom one. However, since there are death bed converts it's possible he changed his views.
Universalism IS heresy! But do you not understand that whether or not Rogers changed his view of that has nothing whatsoever to do with whether he's in heaven? MANY universalists go to heaven (and more don't). The ONLY deathbed conversion that matters would be a person who submits to Christ in faith - as that is EVERYONE's ticket to Heaven! A person can be saved and yet have a lot of messed up theological beliefs! It's not a matter of having faith in Christ and also having correct theological beliefs. As there is NO "and" required beyond faith and belief in the Jesus of Scripture!
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Philip wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:15 am
ThatKid: I thought that universalism is a heresy, and embracing it would doom one. However, since there are death bed converts it's possible he changed his views.
Universalism IS heresy! But do you not understand that whether or not Rogers changed his view of that has nothing whatsoever to do with whether he's in heaven? MANY universalists go to heaven (and more don't). The ONLY deathbed conversion that matters would be a person who submits to Christ in faith - as that is EVERYONE's ticket to Heaven! A person can be saved and yet have a lot of messed up theological beliefs! It's not a matter of having faith in Christ and also having correct theological beliefs. As there is NO "and" required beyond faith and belief in the Jesus of Scripture!
what about false teachers?
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

ThatKid: what about false teachers?
A saved false teacher is SAVED.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

So if they don't repent, they still go to heaven? Just lose some rewards?
From what I've seen and from what it's implied, one could lose salvation due to repeated, hardening willful sin.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

A saved person has entered ETERNAL life! But, obviously, many false teachers have never been saved to begin with and their teaching heresies is a sign of that
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Is it true he supported homosexuality? Just curious.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Kid, what's the obsession with Mr. Rogers?
Blessed
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Blessed »

Philip wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:37 am Is the criteria for going to Heaven how GOOD a person is? One of my friends, nicest guy you could ever meet - was once my roommate - he's an agnostic who is headed for hell unless He repents and embraces Jesus in faith. Did Robin Williams ever do this? I dunno - but if he never did...
I would think being a GOOD person is one of the criteria. Yes. Who deserves to go to heaven more? A grumpy miserable shut in who never did anything good for anyone but himself and made others feel bad - but believes in Jesus Christ has Lord loves God and prays all the time? Or a person who brought joy and happiness to everyone they met, helped allot of people with charity money, made a real positive physical and emotional impact on this world - but put God second in their lives.