Is Mr Rogers in heaven or not?!

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Is Mr Rogers in heaven or not?!

Post by Philip »

Blessed wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:42 pm
Philip wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:37 am Is the criteria for going to Heaven how GOOD a person is? One of my friends, nicest guy you could ever meet - was once my roommate - he's an agnostic who is headed for hell unless He repents and embraces Jesus in faith. Did Robin Williams ever do this? I dunno - but if he never did...
I would think being a GOOD person is one of the criteria. Yes. Who deserves to go to heaven more? A grumpy miserable shut in who never did anything good for anyone but himself and made others feel bad - but believes in Jesus Christ has Lord loves God and prays all the time? Or a person who brought joy and happiness to everyone they met, helped allot of people with charity money, made a real positive physical and emotional impact on this world - but put God second in their lives.
Blessed, where did you ever get the idea that being good has ever saved ANYONE? Not from the New Testament - that's for sure!
Blessed
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Blessed »

Philip wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:41 pm
Blessed wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:42 pm
Philip wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:37 am Is the criteria for going to Heaven how GOOD a person is? One of my friends, nicest guy you could ever meet - was once my roommate - he's an agnostic who is headed for hell unless He repents and embraces Jesus in faith. Did Robin Williams ever do this? I dunno - but if he never did...
I would think being a GOOD person is one of the criteria. Yes. Who deserves to go to heaven more? A grumpy miserable shut in who never did anything good for anyone but himself and made others feel bad - but believes in Jesus Christ has Lord loves God and prays all the time? Or a person who brought joy and happiness to everyone they met, helped allot of people with charity money, made a real positive physical and emotional impact on this world - but put God second in their lives.
Blessed, where did you ever get the idea that being good has ever saved ANYONE? Not from the New Testament - that's for sure!

Because deeds have value.
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

Blessed, I didn't ask for your personal opinion, but rather was seeking a Biblical one based upon the entirety of the New Testament - which teaches good deeds will save not one person. As, obviously, you do not understand or realize this. The only thing that saves anyone is belief, faith and submittance to Jesus Christ! Of course, anyone who has done so will begin to, at some point, manifest good deeds. But the nicest, most agreeable person - who does not, at some point, begin to have faith in Christ - will only otherwise inherit hell!