God's Ten Commandments? Still valid?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Post Reply
warren631
Familiar Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed May 02, 2018 10:38 am
Christian: Yes
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 2 times

God's Ten Commandments? Still valid?

#1

Post by warren631 » Fri May 18, 2018 8:59 am

I am still seeking answers from Christians about why many professed Christians sin against God's Commandments:

IMHO: I consider the ten commandments God's law and are therefore very important and to ignore His Laws is a grave sin against our Lord God.

1. The first and most important commandment clearly states "Thou shalt have no other gods before me". Yet Christians mix up and put Jesus Christ (God's son) before God the father. I think this is a deceit from the devil to confuse people into disobeying Gods first commandment. Christians worship 'the Lord' meaning Jesus the Son, not God the Father. I do believe Jesus, the Son of God, died and was raised by God the Father so I consider myself a Christian with some Jewish old testament beliefs (Jesus did not come to change the Law of God). Jesus is our conduit to God. We must go through Jesus to communicate with God. We should not worship Lord Jesus and use His name instead of God's name.

Catholics even worship Mary as mother of God putting Mary before God. I don't think God needed a mother.

The way most "Christians" get around this grave sin against God's first law is to accept the devils confusion and say Jesus and God are the same so it doesn't matter which one we worship. Jesus is 'one with God' only means Jesus is in full agreement with God and God's Law.

2. Gods second commandment clearly states "Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven images" is also confused by the devil and so ignored by most Christians. Every Christian church has a statue of Jesus on the cross or Mary holding baby Jesus. What excuse do they have for this sin against Gods commandment? An idol can be inhabited by evil spirits.

3. God commanded "Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy". 'Sabbath' is another 'name' that has been confused by man under the influence of the devil. The sabbath was, and still is, Saturday. Sunday was for worshiping the Roman Sun god.

Please reply only to these questions in this thread. Thanks.

warren631
Familiar Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed May 02, 2018 10:38 am
Christian: Yes
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 2 times

Re: God's Ten Commandments? Still valid?

#2

Post by warren631 » Sun May 20, 2018 1:01 pm

Any good reasons why Christians ignore God's clear Commandments? Do Christians think God's Law is not that relative or important today? The Christian (new) Law does not abolish or devalue God's (old) Law. The seventh day (the Sabbath) is still Saturday on most calendars. Only men changed it for their convenience.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 19894
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino
Has liked: 173 times
Been liked: 957 times

Re: God's Ten Commandments? Still valid?

#3

Post by RickD » Sun May 20, 2018 2:29 pm

warren631,

Do you believe Jesus Christ is God?

And no, I'm not asking if you if you believe Jesus Christ is the Father.
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member
Posts: 1805
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:09 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Southern California
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Re: God's Ten Commandments? Still valid?

#4

Post by BavarianWheels » Mon May 21, 2018 7:39 am

RickD wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 2:29 pm
warren631,

Do you believe Jesus Christ is God?

And no, I'm not asking if you if you believe Jesus Christ is the Father.
RickD,

Do you believe Jesus is the God of Genesis, the Creator, YHWH, the owner of the finger that wrote on tablets of stone...?

And no, I'm no asking if you if you believe Jesus Christ is the Father.

For Ref: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=41367&p=236878#p236831

Philip
Board Moderator
Posts: 6890
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Betwixt the Sea and the Mountains
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 534 times

Re: God's Ten Commandments? Still valid?

#5

Post by Philip » Mon May 21, 2018 7:50 am

BavarianWheels wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 7:39 am
RickD wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 2:29 pm
warren631,

Do you believe Jesus Christ is God?

And no, I'm not asking if you if you believe Jesus Christ is the Father.
RickD,

Do you believe Jesus is the God of Genesis, the Creator, YHWH, the owner of the finger that wrote on tablets of stone...?

And no, I'm no asking if you if you believe Jesus Christ is the Father.

For Ref: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=41367&p=236878#p236831
Me thinks Bavarian avoided Rick's direct question.

User avatar
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member
Posts: 1805
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:09 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Southern California
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Re: God's Ten Commandments? Still valid?

#6

Post by BavarianWheels » Mon May 21, 2018 7:56 am

Philip wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 7:50 am
BavarianWheels wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 7:39 am
RickD wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 2:29 pm
warren631,

Do you believe Jesus Christ is God?

And no, I'm not asking if you if you believe Jesus Christ is the Father.
RickD,

Do you believe Jesus is the God of Genesis, the Creator, YHWH, the owner of the finger that wrote on tablets of stone...?

And no, I'm no asking if you if you believe Jesus Christ is the Father.

For Ref: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=41367&p=236878#p236831
Me thinks Bavarian avoided Rick's direct question.
It wasn't directed at me, so it's impossible that I avoided anything in that question.
.
.

Philip
Board Moderator
Posts: 6890
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Betwixt the Sea and the Mountains
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 534 times

Re: God's Ten Commandments? Still valid?

#7

Post by Philip » Mon May 21, 2018 8:37 am

Bav: It wasn't directed at me, so it's impossible that I avoided anything in that question.

I do apologize, it wasn't aimed at you.

User avatar
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member
Posts: 1805
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:09 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Southern California
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Re: God's Ten Commandments? Still valid?

#8

Post by BavarianWheels » Mon May 21, 2018 8:44 am

Philip wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 8:37 am
Bav: It wasn't directed at me, so it's impossible that I avoided anything in that question.

I do apologize, it wasn't aimed at you.
No worries. I know what point RickD is wanting to make, but when RickD makes his point, I will have a follow up question based on his answer to the same question he is gonna use against Warren's thinking or better, Warren's words in the OP.
.
.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 19894
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino
Has liked: 173 times
Been liked: 957 times

Re: God's Ten Commandments? Still valid?

#9

Post by RickD » Mon May 21, 2018 10:50 am

BavarianWheels wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 7:39 am
RickD wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 2:29 pm
warren631,

Do you believe Jesus Christ is God?

And no, I'm not asking if you if you believe Jesus Christ is the Father.
RickD,

Do you believe Jesus is the God of Genesis, the Creator, YHWH, the owner of the finger that wrote on tablets of stone...?

And no, I'm no asking if you if you believe Jesus Christ is the Father.

For Ref: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=41367&p=236878#p236831
And as I've said multiple times, and am getting tired of repeating, whether God wrote the 10 commandments with His literal or figurative finger, is irrelevant to your argument, because the 10 commandments were not given to gentile believers.
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member
Posts: 1805
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:09 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Southern California
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Re: God's Ten Commandments? Still valid?

#10

Post by BavarianWheels » Mon May 21, 2018 11:00 am

RickD wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 10:50 am
BavarianWheels wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 7:39 am
RickD wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 2:29 pm
warren631,

Do you believe Jesus Christ is God?

And no, I'm not asking if you if you believe Jesus Christ is the Father.
RickD,

Do you believe Jesus is the God of Genesis, the Creator, YHWH, the owner of the finger that wrote on tablets of stone...?

And no, I'm no asking if you if you believe Jesus Christ is the Father.

For Ref: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=41367&p=236878#p236831
And as I've said multiple times, and am getting tired of repeating, whether God wrote the 10 commandments with His literal or figurative finger, is irrelevant to your argument, because the 10 commandments were not given to gentile believers.
You're right...these were given to God's people.

So you don't believe as the bible says, "There is no Jew or Gentile..." ( Galatians 3:28 Colossians 3:11 Romans 1:16 Romans 2:9 Romans 3:9 etc. ) You believe there's a gospel for Jews and a different gospel for Gentiles...prove it!

You have all kinds of time to make accusations/assertions, yet conveniently no time to back up your words.

You'd also have to prove that there were no Gentiles among those that left in the Exodus...please, continue.

More texts to back up the position I'm promoting: Romans 4:11,12 1 Corinthians 12:13 Acts 20:21
.
.

Philip
Board Moderator
Posts: 6890
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Betwixt the Sea and the Mountains
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 534 times

Re: God's Ten Commandments? Still valid?

#11

Post by Philip » Mon May 21, 2018 1:20 pm

Bav: "You have all kinds of time to make accusations/assertions, yet conveniently no time to back up your words."
Bav, you need to cool it! Rick has defended his position. It's just that you both have different opinions on this issue. And a whole lot of Scripturally knowledgeable Christians would side nearer Rick than to you on this topic. No reason to argue to infinity, and there's certainly no reason to get all huffy about it. And I'll say this to everyone here, we need to practice more grace around here - which does NOT mean we can't disagree about topics of contention. But it does mean we shouldn't get mean-spirited and hostile with each other.

User avatar
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member
Posts: 1805
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:09 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Southern California
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Re: God's Ten Commandments? Still valid?

#12

Post by BavarianWheels » Mon May 21, 2018 1:42 pm

Philip wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 1:20 pm
Bav: "You have all kinds of time to make accusations/assertions, yet conveniently no time to back up your words."
Bav, you need to cool it! Rick has defended his position. It's just that you both have different opinions on this issue. And a whole lot of Scripturally knowledgeable Christians would side nearer Rick than to you on this topic. No reason to argue to infinity, and there's certainly no reason to get all huffy about it. And I'll say this to everyone here, we need to practice more grace around here - which does NOT mean we can't disagree about topics of contention. But it does mean we shouldn't get mean-spirited and hostile with each other.
I didn't realize that truth was known by popular vote.
.
.

User avatar
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member
Posts: 1805
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:09 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Southern California
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Re: God's Ten Commandments? Still valid?

#13

Post by BavarianWheels » Mon May 21, 2018 2:00 pm

Philip wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 1:20 pm
Bav: "You have all kinds of time to make accusations/assertions, yet conveniently no time to back up your words."
Bav, you need to cool it! Rick has defended his position. It's just that you both have different opinions on this issue. And a whole lot of Scripturally knowledgeable Christians would side nearer Rick than to you on this topic. No reason to argue to infinity, and there's certainly no reason to get all huffy about it. And I'll say this to everyone here, we need to practice more grace around here - which does NOT mean we can't disagree about topics of contention. But it does mean we shouldn't get mean-spirited and hostile with each other.
The difference here is that I am providing scripture to back my position...and plenty of it. I'm taking time to reply to questions, accusations and points. I'm not getting "all huffy about it." I'm not simply throwing out assertions and one-liners.
.
.

Philip
Board Moderator
Posts: 6890
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Betwixt the Sea and the Mountains
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 534 times

Re: God's Ten Commandments? Still valid?

#14

Post by Philip » Mon May 21, 2018 2:12 pm

Bav, all I'm saying is let's please all dial it back a bit - no need to attack the person.

User avatar
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member
Posts: 1805
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:09 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Southern California
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Re: God's Ten Commandments? Still valid?

#15

Post by BavarianWheels » Mon May 21, 2018 2:20 pm

Philip wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 2:12 pm
Bav, all I'm saying is let's please all dial it back a bit - no need to attack the person.
Is it really attacking a person when a person ( and a moderator no less ) simply drops one-liners in "defense" of their group position? Let's assume that the majority of G&S members align themselves more with RickD's position and assertions...does the number of votes determine Truth? I don't think I'm asking anything different than a moderator would of a person that comes on the forum and simply drops one-liner accusations/assertions about Christians and then refuses to provide some evidence for those except to say "all atheists believe it so it is true". That's called trolling, isn't it?
.
.

Post Reply