Nephilim -Mark 12:25

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
DBowling
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Nephilim -Mark 12:25

Post by DBowling »

PaulSacramento wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 9:57 am
I agree that the Prince of Persia in Daniel is referring to an angelic being, but not a "son of God" because the Prince of Persia appears to be a fallen angel
I agree that the being called the Prince of Persia was a fallen angel ( rebelling against God's messenger Gabriel) BUT that he is referred to in the same (prince) as Michael, one of the chief princes, kind of implies that just because the being rebelled, doesn't mean he has lost "status".
I agree that Daniel demonstrates that the Prince of Persia did not loose his status as a "prince". But "prince" has no implication of affiliation, so a fallen angel would not necessarily lose its "princely" status.
However, "sons of God" (unlike "prince") does have an implication of affiliation in both the OT and NT. Which is why (broken record) Scripture never refers to fallen angels as "sons of God" in either the OT or NT.
My point is that I don't know if we can hold the view that upon rebelling, divine beings lose their status as sons of God, especially in the OT.
I go back again to John 8 where Jesus makes it very clear that the Devil (fallen Lucifer) is no longer a "son of God". According to Jesus, Children of God are polar opposites of Children of the Devil.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

I think I may have to change my position on this, in light of a photo I saw.

Proof of giant hybrid angel people.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

RickD wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:28 pm I think I may have to change my position on this, in light of a photo I saw.

Cool...

The next logical step is get a DNA sample from this Nephilim to see what angel DNA looks like.
And then we can carbon date the bones to see precisely when these Nephilim lived.

This is huuuuuuuge!!!
:P
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

DBowling wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:53 am
RickD wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:28 pm I think I may have to change my position on this, in light of a photo I saw.

Cool...

The next logical step is get a DNA sample from this Nephilim to see what angel DNA looks like.
And then we can carbon date the bones to see precisely when these Nephilim lived.

This is huuuuuuuge!!!
:P
That won't work because, as we all know, angels manipulated human dna, they didn't actually have intercourse with humans. When scripture says that sons of God/ angels married the daughters of men, that doesn't mean they had sexual relations with them. Marriage in ancient Hebrew literally means "to manipulate dna of someone".

DBowling,

I think you're a little rusty on your Hebrew!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

:beat: Maybe we can kill the horse this thread is beating and get its DNA. I'm rather shocked at the lengthy posts over the Nephilim stuff.