What if Jesus never left?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Post Reply
ultimate777
Senior Member
Posts: 736
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:06 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 7 times

What if Jesus never left?

#1

Post by ultimate777 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:37 pm

This is not about whether this could or could not happen or even if it's according to scripture. It's only about what if it did happen?

Suppose Jesus instead of leaving Earth after He was resurrected stayed? If he needed to do anything in Heaven He could be in two places at the same time. The Holy Spirit could still be here, too.

He could prevent anyone from killing Him again.

I imagine some of you believe something bad would happen.

If so, what?

I think things would be a lot better.

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Posts: 8331
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:29 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Ontario, Canada
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 289 times

Re: What if Jesus never left?

#2

Post by PaulSacramento » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:49 pm

Things would be a lot better?
Why would you think that?

Philip
Board Moderator
Posts: 6523
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Betwixt the Sea and the Mountains
Has liked: 277 times
Been liked: 491 times

Re: What if Jesus never left?

#3

Post by Philip » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:40 pm

Ultimate777: I think things would be a lot better.
Better than WHAT? And you've concluded this based upon - YOUR understandings? I think I'll go with the Architect of HIStory - you know, the ALL-knowing One whose plans and timing are perfect.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 19474
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 910 times

Re: What if Jesus never left?

#4

Post by RickD » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:47 pm

ultimate777 wrote:This is not about whether this could or could not happen or even if it's according to scripture. It's only about what if it did happen?

Suppose Jesus instead of leaving Earth after He was resurrected stayed? If he needed to do anything in Heaven He could be in two places at the same time. The Holy Spirit could still be here, too.

He could prevent anyone from killing Him again.

I imagine some of you believe something bad would happen.

If so, what?

I think things would be a lot better.
Ultimate,

Were you that kid who never paid attention in Sunday school?
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

ultimate777
Senior Member
Posts: 736
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:06 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 7 times

Re: What if Jesus never left?

#5

Post by ultimate777 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:49 pm

RickD wrote:
ultimate777 wrote:This is not about whether this could or could not happen or even if it's according to scripture. It's only about what if it did happen?

Suppose Jesus instead of leaving Earth after He was resurrected stayed? If he needed to do anything in Heaven He could be in two places at the same time. The Holy Spirit could still be here, too.

He could prevent anyone from killing Him again.

I imagine some of you believe something bad would happen.

If so, what?

I think things would be a lot better.
Ultimate,

Were you that kid who never paid attention in Sunday school?
No, I was that kid that DID pay attention in Sunday school.

ultimate777
Senior Member
Posts: 736
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:06 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 7 times

Re: What if Jesus never left?

#6

Post by ultimate777 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:53 pm

PaulSacramento wrote:Things would be a lot better?
Why would you think that?
With Jesus around many more people would act like Christians and be Christians. Need I say more? Jesus would not hide his light under a bushel all these years.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 19474
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 910 times

Re: What if Jesus never left?

#7

Post by RickD » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:06 pm

ultimate777 wrote:
RickD wrote:
ultimate777 wrote:This is not about whether this could or could not happen or even if it's according to scripture. It's only about what if it did happen?

Suppose Jesus instead of leaving Earth after He was resurrected stayed? If he needed to do anything in Heaven He could be in two places at the same time. The Holy Spirit could still be here, too.

He could prevent anyone from killing Him again.

I imagine some of you believe something bad would happen.

If so, what?

I think things would be a lot better.
Ultimate,

Were you that kid who never paid attention in Sunday school?
No, I was that kid that DID pay attention in Sunday school.
If that's the case, then tell us why Jesus left.
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Nessa
Make me a Sammich Member
Posts: 3213
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 535 times
Been liked: 286 times

Re: What if Jesus never left?

#8

Post by Nessa » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:27 pm

What if Jesus never left?

What if he never came? y@-)

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Posts: 8331
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:29 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Ontario, Canada
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 289 times

Re: What if Jesus never left?

#9

Post by PaulSacramento » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:41 am

ultimate777 wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:Things would be a lot better?
Why would you think that?
With Jesus around many more people would act like Christians and be Christians. Need I say more? Jesus would not hide his light under a bushel all these years.
I think that you need to learn a bit more about WHY He came.
Don't forget the lesson of the Israelis that even after God was with them and they saw all those miracles, they turned on Him the moment things didn't go their way.
God was there, Moses was there in a very tangible way.

If being ( which equals acting like one) a Christian is something that NEEDS Christ to be present for it to be that way, then I think you missed the whole point of Christ coming and dying and, more importantly, resurrecting.

Philip
Board Moderator
Posts: 6523
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Betwixt the Sea and the Mountains
Has liked: 277 times
Been liked: 491 times

Re: What if Jesus never left?

#10

Post by Philip » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:39 am

And God HAS stayed with us - in the form of the Holy Spirit within all believers. GOD did not leave us. God in the form of Jesus did, for a period.

Post Reply