God and Rap

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
zacchaeus
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: God and Rap

Post by zacchaeus »

This may be more your speed...
This is a song by GodOverMoney CEO founder and artist in response to a secular rap/pop artists popular song and video 'same love'.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V9KQ4_uH1RA
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

I understand the concept that those kind of songs(?) can reach certain people. I get that. It's just not my cup of tea.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

RickD wrote:I understand the concept that those kind of songs(?) can reach certain people. I get that. It's just not my cup of tea.
What is your cup of tea?
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
RickD wrote:I understand the concept that those kind of songs(?) can reach certain people. I get that. It's just not my cup of tea.
What is your cup of tea?
I prefer Tetley British Blend. ;)
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

zacchaeus
Valued Member

Post by zacchaeus »

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Thanks Zacchaeus.

Remember in Mars Atracks, when Slim Whitman made the aliens' heads explode?
Well, I thought my head was going to explode listening to that rap stuff you posted.

Nooooooo! Make it stoooooop!!!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GSbigjiKLoU

-Edward R Murrow

zacchaeus
Valued Member

Post by zacchaeus »

Rick, your welcome... The last ones actually me. Sorry you despise it. :(
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

zacchaeus wrote:Rick, your welcome... The last ones actually me. Sorry you despise it. :(
Like I said, I can understand if certain people can be reached by a good message in a rap song. I just don't like it. It's completely subjective.

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

If you want to see why I hate rap, YouTube Kayne West 2015 Brit awards. (Can't post it here, too offensive)

He's one of the most popular rap artists of today. Just awful.

-Edward R Murrow

zacchaeus
Valued Member

Post by zacchaeus »

Cause of one, secular, artist- who refers to Himself as god by the way you HATE rap... Though when he was rude to my x-wife Taylor Swift, has nothing to do with the music, but everything to do with the person lol? It's like an atheist choosing not to believe God because of one encounter with one person who claimed Christian so they paint the entire spectrum and through out all of Christianity.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:If you want to see why I hate rap, YouTube Kayne West 2015 Brit awards. (Can't post it here, too offensive)

He's one of the most popular rap artists of today. Just awful.
Run DMC blows Kanye away though.these rappers today think foul language make them so cool.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

zacchaeus wrote:Cause of one, secular, artist- who refers to Himself as god by the way you HATE rap... Though when he was rude to my x-wife Taylor Swift, has nothing to do with the music, but everything to do with the person lol? It's like an atheist choosing not to believe God because of one encounter with one person who claimed Christian so they paint the entire spectrum and through out all of Christianity.
Some people just don't like rap, don't take it personal.I actually liked it,I still prefer Hard rock type music mostly but I like all kinds of music though.

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

zacchaeus wrote:Cause of one, secular, artist- who refers to Himself as god by the way you HATE rap... Though when he was rude to my x-wife Taylor Swift, has nothing to do with the music, but everything to do with the person lol? It's like an atheist choosing not to believe God because of one encounter with one person who claimed Christian so they paint the entire spectrum and through out all of Christianity.
:lol:

No. Did it really sound like that was the only reason why I don't like rap?

Sorry. That's not what I meant. That's just one example.

This rap I can tolerate. Probably because one of the best rock bands of all time, is playing.

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Zacchaeus,

Don't take it personally. Music is very subjective.

I have a great deal of respect for anyone who can play music, or sing well. Probably because I can't do either.

Rap isn't the only genre I don't like.

Can't tolerate really twangy country music.
Can't stand screaming metal bands when I can't understand the lyrics.

Other than those, I can tolerate most kinds of music.

-Edward R Murrow

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member