Muslim Woman Hugs Christian Protester

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Muslim Woman Hugs Christian Protester

Post by Kurieuo »

I'm just interested to know people's thoughts here:
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female

Re: Muslim Woman Hugs Christian Protester

Post by melanie »

It is interesting to imagine what would have happened if her friends with their signs showed up like they were supposed too. That incident would have gone down very differently. An individual acts very differently to the mob. That would never have occurred if she was in a group.
Her prejudice was obvious initially with the guy. Talking about Christians not being allowed to talk to Muslims which is totally false.
It took a woman with an open embrace to turn the situation around. A woman willing to hug someone who thought so little of her and had signs to prove it.
Breaking down barriers and stereotypes.
One person at a time.
I must say that people claiming to be Christian, protesting outside a mosque is disrespectful, and an open invitation to incite violence and discord. It's great to see that those Muslims dealt with it in the manner they did. I hope that that experience made that women rethink her attitudes and it put a face to the monster that too many Christians see hiding behind every Muslim.

If I may a little facetiously put forward what those stuck in this lady's mindset might say......
Don't be fooled. This is what THEY want. THEY want to trick people into thinking THEY are all nice and peaceful. Turn people's goodness against them so THEY can trick us and turn this country into an evil Muslim nation.

Or it could just be this woman hugged her because she wanted to show her kindness and show her that they are not the evil monsters that they have been made out to be.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Oh, I see I may have just opened a can 'o worms.
It was interesting hearing how my wife responded. ;)

More what you called "facetious" Mel, but she's not like that Christian lady.
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

You know me K,
Lying low, not wanting to rock the boat :ewink: :mrgreen:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

What do I think?

I think the lady with the signs, represents certain Americans who believe that Muslims are our enemy. I think we need to differentiate between those caught up in the grips of false religions, and the religion itself.

We can hate evil, while loving those who are knowingly or unknowingly caught up in it.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:Oh, I see I may have just opened a can 'o worms.
It was interesting hearing how my wife responded. ;)

More what you called "facetious" Mel, but she's not like that Christian lady.
K,

How did Mrs. K respond?

I bet she's the logical half of your duo. Am I right? :mrgreen:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

I sent it to her via a news story, so that added some slant I guess.
She said, "Typical pro-islam anti-christian news story".

As for my own opinion, mine isn't that simple.

At the end of the day, I think the saving grace (though it's not necessarily "saving") with people, is that we all carry the imago dei and God's implanted morality within us. Such that, the normal person will feel compassion for another, can distinguish between right and wrong and the like.

These Muslims, are harmless. As they kept repeating, they're about inter-faith dialogue. So they're very "cultured" if you will type Muslims. I believe in a video I heard, maybe that one, the guy says they disagree with Sharia law even. BUT...

You know, even more full on Muslims, they have a moral sense about them. As much as we might deny them such, they too are God's children and bare his image. Even, ISIS people. It's just that... we're the devil to them. We're the enemy. We blaspheme Allah and the like through Jesus worship. Insult Allah by saying he lowered himself to us. Commit shirk. Etc, etc. They're more foundationalist Muslims, following after their prophet Mohammad who was just as much as great military campaigner and conqueror although he's nonetheless considered a prophet of Allah.

So, it just is what it is. Sadly, this naive Christian woman was extremely unprepared and didn't appear to know what the purpose of her protest was. What was she hoping to achieve? Nothing really that I could tell. Just not very well thought out. Not all Muslims want to behead -- your more cultured variety don't. Just like not a Christians think you need to have Christ in this life to be saved, so long as you're sincere in what you believe.

So that's my own thoughts on the matter. And I just think it's important to just speak to another human as human regardless. If they're not out to kill you, and happy to be kind to you and friendly like the self-professing Muslims in that video, then that's a good thing.
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

Yeah well, this goes much deeper than just muslim - christian....could be gay - christian, atheist - christian. We all have our own 'signs' to carry. Our messages that either point to or away from christ. And just cos our arms maybe 'free' doesnt make us any more easy to hug. Or to give one.
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

Be interesting to know who the christians were..the ones hugging or the ones just walking past.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

I wonder if he knows what his name, Ashkan, means in English? y:-?

-Edward R Murrow

Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Is there such a thing as a Jewish Muslim?
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Kurieuo wrote:I'm just interested to know people's thoughts here:
I cannot watch the video for some reason,it says "could'nt load plug-in"inside the box.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Then reality hits home....

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/613 ... an-Hamburg

Least we forget...
Qur'anic verse 3:28, "Let believers [Muslims] not take infidels [non-Muslims] for friends and allies instead of believers. Whoever does this shall have no relationship left with God—unless you but guard yourselves against them, taking precautions."

Muhammad ibn Jarir at-Tabari (d. 923), explains this verse:

If you [Muslims] are under their [non-Muslims'] authority, fearing for yourselves, behave loyally to them with your tongue while harboring inner animosity for them … [know that] God has forbidden believers from being friendly or on intimate terms with the infidels rather than other believers—except when infidels are above them [in authority]. Should that be the case, let them act friendly towards them while preserving their religion.

Ibn Kathir another authority on the Qur'an, comments on thisd this verse:, "Whoever at any time or place fears … evil [from non-Muslims] may protect himself through outward show." As proof of this, he quotes Muhammad's close companion Abu Darda, who said, "Let us grin in the face of some people while our hearts curse them." Another companion, simply known as Al-Hasan, said, "Doing taqiyya is acceptable till the Day of Judgment [i.e., in perpetuity]."

From...

http://www.meforum.org/2538/taqiyya-islam-rules-of-war

Abu Darda said, "Let us grin in the face of some people while our hearts curse them."

Look at the post above mine and notice the grin...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by crochet1949 »

It's unfortunate -- but part of life -- that since 9/11 happened -- there's automatic skepticism about Muslims / Islam / and the intentions there of. But there is also a need to remember that each person represents a soul who needs salvation. So - as opportunity presents itself for positive interaction -- the need to show Christian love rather than antagonism.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

B. W. wrote:Then reality hits home....

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/613 ... an-Hamburg

Least we forget...
Qur'anic verse 3:28, "Let believers [Muslims] not take infidels [non-Muslims] for friends and allies instead of believers. Whoever does this shall have no relationship left with God—unless you but guard yourselves against them, taking precautions."

Muhammad ibn Jarir at-Tabari (d. 923), explains this verse:

If you [Muslims] are under their [non-Muslims'] authority, fearing for yourselves, behave loyally to them with your tongue while harboring inner animosity for them … [know that] God has forbidden believers from being friendly or on intimate terms with the infidels rather than other believers—except when infidels are above them [in authority]. Should that be the case, let them act friendly towards them while preserving their religion.

Ibn Kathir another authority on the Qur'an, comments on thisd this verse:, "Whoever at any time or place fears … evil [from non-Muslims] may protect himself through outward show." As proof of this, he quotes Muhammad's close companion Abu Darda, who said, "Let us grin in the face of some people while our hearts curse them." Another companion, simply known as Al-Hasan, said, "Doing taqiyya is acceptable till the Day of Judgment [i.e., in perpetuity]."

From...

http://www.meforum.org/2538/taqiyya-islam-rules-of-war

Abu Darda said, "Let us grin in the face of some people while our hearts curse them."

Look at the post above mine and notice the grin...
-
-
-
B.W, it's an out of context selection of the verse. Many Muslims disagree with this interpretation, citing that it was only for that period in time when there was a breach in a peace agreement between Muslims and Christians and Jews.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com