miscarriage

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: miscarriage

Post by Storyteller »

I remember standing outside one night after the second one, howling at God, cursing Him, telling Him that this wasn`t a good way of convincing me of His existence, of His love, I really, really hated Him at that moment. I told Him I needed something, some reason to believe, then I saw my first ever shooting star. Maybe that`s when I started to think that maybe there was something in this God thing. That`s when I really started looking for God.

And don`t listen to K, you can never ask too many questions.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Post by Nessa »

Kurieuo wrote:
Nessa wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
Nessa wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:I've been real angry at God before, like how God could see value to creating us despite our utter failings.
(Inside out was a good movie by the way)

What did God say in response to your anger at him creating us?
Nothing. I had to think it through.
and your conclusion?
My conclusion is you ask too many questions. :esmile:
Did you read Job lately?! :P There were a few in there and I'm suppose to be made in the image of God.

What can a girl do? y:-/
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Kurieuo wrote:
Nessa wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
Nessa wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:I've been real angry at God before, like how God could see value to creating us despite our utter failings.
(Inside out was a good movie by the way)

What did God say in response to your anger at him creating us?
Nothing. I had to think it through.
and your conclusion?
My conclusion is you ask too many questions. :esmile:
Do you wanna know what my favourite question is?

What is the one thing you hope I never ask you?

of course it's a one way question y:D
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Ok, my conclusion?

Satan was key to unlocking a lot of bad, the blindness that exists.
You know, many of the atrocities we hear about. A lot of the issues that upset me.

Second, is that God sees more in us then our sin.
So I've got some of my own personal issues/reservations to get past.
I've had to learn to try and like myself and others. It's hard to describe.
It's a bit of a contradiction -- hate the world and people in it, but love persons here and there...

To a degree the Christian theology influencing a little that we're all fallen and depraved.
That there is no good in us, we're all sinful. BUT, evidently there's some good in us otherwise God wouldn't create.
So there is an embedded contradictory theology going on with certain Christian systems of thought.

In the end, God values us. He sees good in us despite our sin.
And so, whatever reservation I have against the evil in the world and God have created everything regardless,
well my judgement is built upon a goodness that comes from God. So then, realising God must feel the same and more, I just submit it all Him and just say I can't wait until it's all over and done.

He's God. I'm not. I'll be annoyed here and there, but I know my place and I am glad He's God and I'm not.
Because I think I'd be much less forgiving of towards humanity in general.

So, any other questions?
Last edited by Kurieuo on Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Nessa wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:My conclusion is you ask too many questions. :esmile:

I don't know, what is the one think I hope you never ask me?
How's that a one way question? :econfused:
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Kurieuo wrote:
Nessa wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:My conclusion is you ask too many questions. :esmile:

I don't know, what is the one think I hope you never ask me?
How's that a one way question? :econfused:
cos i can ask it but you cant ask it back lol
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

why do you feel you shouldnt of been in the world?

so is your self hate kind of like a paul thing where he says what a wretched man am i who will save me? or is the hate specfic to things you have done? like not just a generalised thing?

what if your baby grew up and did the most hideous crimes? Like what if even the
solace that your little ones give you stop because they become part of the problem
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Storyteller wrote:I remember standing outside one night after the second one, howling at God, cursing Him, telling Him that this wasn`t a good way of convincing me of His existence, of His love, I really, really hated Him at that moment. I told Him I needed something, some reason to believe, then I saw my first ever shooting star. Maybe that`s when I started to think that maybe there was something in this God thing. That`s when I really started looking for God.

And don`t listen to K, you can never ask too many questions.
hold on to the shooting star memory :-) I can really relate to
those feelings...

How was lunch?

jesus said to ask questions even as much as 70x7 questions..
so i know its all ok.......

oh wait! that was for forgiveness :-P
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Nessa wrote:why do you feel you shouldnt of been in the world?
There's a history to it. Too personal to say in public forums.
Nessa wrote:so is your self hate kind of like a paul thing where he says what a wretched man am i who will save me? or is the hate specfic to things you have done? like not just a generalised thing?
Yes, more like Paul.
As described in Romans 7:14-25.
I guess I don't want to be a part of the world like in John 15:18-19.
And yet, God made me a part of the world without my request.
Paul talks of internal war between flesh and spirit.
Really, I just want to be free of "the world".
DS wrote:what if your baby grew up and did the most hideous crimes? Like what if even the
solace that your little ones give you stop because they become part of the problem
I can't picture it. Depends on what.
I'd deal with that if it arose.

But, like I said, whether I see value in us or not, God still sees value in us. So do I due to that.
And the Gospel is that even the most atrocious sinners can be saved, if their heart turns and they cry out to Jesus.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote:
why do you feel you shouldnt of been in the world?
K wrote:
There's a history to it. Too personal to say in public forums.
You can tell us. We'll keep it a secret. :D

And why are all these women trying to get us to talk about our feelings? :xxpuke:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

We lived through two miscarriages. I cried at each one... not really understanding why, I never saw or felt either, never smelt their baby breath... nothing, but cried i did... I wondered over their premature deaths for a long time...

I met someone who experienced the same and relayed a story i will never forget. Have you guys ever heard of the Guff ? The Guff is supposedly a heavenly waiting room, repository if you will of all the souls that are and ever will be to be born on earth. Apparently there is even a reference to it in the Talmud, although not a biblical one to be found. In fact, the Guff would be where a soul would be plucked to be enjoined to the "body" at conception. Jesus will supposedly not come back until all the souls in the Guff are drained. It is far more biblical to hold that God creates each human soul at the moment of conception, or that the human soul is generated along with the body through the physical-spiritual union of conception.

But i was told that in the Guff, God sees all souls as they were intended to be. Pure and ever present love for God. That some of these souls are so pure that they would not last in a corrupt world such as ours and would be tortured by the mere physical existence. These souls, because they were created have only one place to go, earth bound, because if they do not, the Guff will never be void and Christ could never return. So God, in His infinite wisdom created the miscarriage, not only for the benefit of the souls who were always to stay with Him in heaven, but also for the souls their loss would effect here on earth. (more hard lessons to learn) So again another mystery of God as to one of the absolute worst of events to experience changed in to one of the most blessed.

I have always been disappointed in myself for not naming my two other children, already in heaven. It came to me one day that it's ok, they are the only ones I have who either got to name themselves and I will get to greet them by the names they chose, or, we'll get to do it after I get there y>:D< ... so another really good reason to get there and work hard at doing so... y@};- :amen:
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

I dont believe God created miscarriage...i think that line of thought is dangerous and just adds fuel to the new atheists fire....and miscarriage is evil.....death is evil....
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

God did not create evil but he did allow for the possibility through free will. That was necessary
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Kurieuo wrote: There's a history to it. Too personal to say in public forums..
i bet your wife and kids are glad u r in the world :-)
i understand not wanting to say here

I use my phone alot for this forum thus my posts resemble txt msges....also im lazy
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

We had a miscarriage between children. Mind you, our first child was born when I was 41/wife 40. After a bit longer and no more pregnancies, we figured it's a "one and we're done." And then, FIVE years :shock: :shock: :esurprised: :shock: after having a first child post 40, we had another. Most of my boys' friends' parents are about 20 years or more younger than we are. :roll: Anyway, one day, it occurred to me that my boys probably have a sibling in Heaven. Now, THAT would be really cool!