miscarriage

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: miscarriage

Post by Nessa »

p.s hey somebody else! nice to meet you :mrgreen:
somebodyelse
Acquainted Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by somebodyelse »

Nessa wrote:I dont like that logic, though can understand why it may bring comfort for some. To me, if you use that reasoning then whats the point of them ever being in the womb past conception?
I can't give an exact answer for that. I think it's different for each person and they should ask God about it. In other video the same guy gives a testimony about this woman he knows that was trying to have children. She had two children, but I think every time she had a child it would make harder to have another one. On third child it was going to be a girl, but passed away before birth. Through that incident/event a miracle happened and the complications around her having children were healed and she had a third child later.

If Joseph had to deal with all the hardships he went through then we should also remember to rejoice in all things.

"Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. " - 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (NIV)

" His wife said to him, “Are you still maintaining your integrity? Curse God and die!”

He replied, “You are talking like a foolish[a] woman. Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?”

In all this, Job did not sin in what he said.
" Job 2:9-10 (NIV)

Edit:

Rejoicing to God in good, bad, and neutral times in our lives is probably one of the harder things to do and remember. Alongside remembering to bless our enemies besides just loving them. :amen:
Last edited by somebodyelse on Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
somebodyelse
Acquainted Member

Post by somebodyelse »

Nessa wrote:p.s hey somebody else! nice to meet you :mrgreen:
Hello Nessa nice to meet you. :ebiggrin:
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

yes but there is a difference between rejoicing in all circumstances and rejoicing for all circumstances. What josephs brothers did was still evil. And giving thanks in all circumstances is not the same as being thankful for all circumstances.

Job did say that but he also wished himself dead.

God can and does redeem but im just wary of people brushing over the pain or evil. Though not meaning you are doing that, just that some do
Last edited by Nessa on Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

it can get to the point where people are thanking God for evil...because some good came out of it.

not sure i feel comfortable saying 'thanks God for my miscarriages!' should i be more thankful i got four? or maybe just thankful i didn't have five? and feel super blessed?

just like I wouldn't be thanking him if i got raped or my child got tortured.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

i dunno, just not in the 'I got the joy joy joy down in my heart.devil can sit on a tact' mood y/:] so Im probably not seeing this objectivly...people thank God for the cross I guess and the bible says it was Gods good plan to crush him.....
somebodyelse
Acquainted Member

Post by somebodyelse »

Nessa wrote:it can get to the point where people are thanking God for evil...because some good came out of it.

not sure i feel comfortable saying 'thanks God for my miscarriages!' should i be more thankful i got four? or maybe just thankful i didn't have five? and feel super blessed?

I think I should have worded it better my statement about rejoicing. What I think about it is to remember to rejoice to God regardless the situation people are in. Especially in though/bad times. Examples such as Job the hardships he went through and Moses wishing for his name to be removed from the book of life if God would forgive the israelites for the golden calf event. Also what the Levites had to do after that event and Abraham & Issac.

Those were though circumstances those people had to endure. Christ followers have to be willing to endure stuff like that or worse. When ever the events in Revelation start to play out more will separate those who are pretending to follow him compared to those.

I guess what I'm trying to say is. We didn't deserve heaven, God's presence, Jesus's sacrifice, but God in his mercy & grace decided to give us the privilege/option to have through his son. Sometimes people may forget that/not make it a big part of their faith. When God even says he uses all things for Good that follow him. So God does have some purpose we just might not see it unfold in our lifetime or what person out of most likely many others it might do for his purposes.

Maybe Romans 5:2-11 can better explain my thoughts. :? My writing/explanation skills aren't good. 8-}2 :(
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

somebodyelse wrote:
Nessa wrote:it can get to the point where people are thanking God for evil...because some good came out of it.

I think I should have worded it better my statement about rejoicing. What I think about it is to remember to rejoice to God regardless the situation people are in. Especially in though/bad times. Examples such as Job the hardships he went through and Moses wishing for his name to be removed from the book of life if God would forgive the israelites for the golden calf event. Also what the Levites had to do after that event and Abraham & Issac.

Those were though circumstances those people had to endure. Christ followers have to be willing to endure stuff like that or worse. When ever the events in Revelation start to play out more will separate those who are pretending to follow him compared to those.

I guess what I'm trying to say is. We didn't deserve heaven, God's presence, Jesus's sacrifice, but God in his mercy & grace decided to give us the privilege/option to have through his son. Sometimes people may forget that/not make it a big part of their faith. When God even says he uses all things for Good that follow him. So God does have some purpose we just might not see it unfold in our lifetime or what person out of most likely many others it might do for his purposes.

Maybe Romans 5:2-11 can better explain my thoughts. :? My writing/explanation skills aren't good. 8-}2 :(
I see where you are coming from and I do agree to some extent

Things are always easier in theory than in practise though and pain has a way of getting in the way of being able to rejoice re just let me DIE God....Job