Sadly, I'm Considering Divorce

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Sadly, I'm Considering Divorce

Post by RickD »

1over137 wrote:I am married only legally :shock:
Then you're utterly screwed! :pound:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

I am married only legally :shock:
Hana, don't give up - perhaps one day what is now merely legal shall also become a spiritual union as well. Keep praying about it! y>:D<
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Philip wrote:
I am married only legally :shock:
Hana, don't give up - perhaps one day what is now merely legal shall also become a spiritual union as well. Keep praying about it! y>:D<
Straight qusetions: is such marriage recognized by God as marriage? Can we try to have kids?

Edit: to all : please join me in praying
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Straight questions: is such marriage recognized by God as marriage? Can we try to have kids?
Hana, while you are not part of a spiritual union between two believers, the Apostle Paul says, in 1 Corinthians 7, that "a woman who has an unbelieving husband, and he consents to live with her, she must not send her husband away. For the unbelieving husband is sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified through her believing husband; for otherwise your children are unclean, but now they are holy.…"

So, yes, God does recognize your situation and you can have children. Of course, while NO believer should ever seek a union with an unbeliever, once married, God desires you to remain married. Also, an unbelieving spouse may eventually become a believer through the influence and prayers of the believing spouse.