Every Knee shall bow.....

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Kenny
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Every Knee shall bow.....

Post by Kenny »

I believe it was Paul who said every knee shall bow, every tongue confess My question is, what will cause this? Will freewill be taken away at this time? Will absolute proof be provided dismissing the need for faith? If so, why not do it now before it's too late?

Ken
RickD wrote
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence".
1over137
Technical Admin
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Every Knee shall bow.....

Post by 1over137 »

Please read the context first and let us know whether your question still holds.

Romans 14:1-13 NIV

14 Accept the one whose faith is weak, without quarreling over disputable matters. 2 One person’s faith allows them to eat anything, but another, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. 3 The one who eats everything must not treat with contempt the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted them. 4 Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To their own master, servants stand or fall. And they will stand, for the Lord is able to make them stand.

5 One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind. 6 Whoever regards one day as special does so to the Lord. Whoever eats meat does so to the Lord, for they give thanks to God; and whoever abstains does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. 7 For none of us lives for ourselves alone, and none of us dies for ourselves alone. 8 If we live, we live for the Lord; and if we die, we die for the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord. 9 For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living.

10 You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister[a]? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat. 11 It is written:

“‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord,
‘every knee will bow before me;
every tongue will acknowledge God.’”

12 So then, each of us will give an account of ourselves to God.

13 Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Kenny
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Kenny »

1over137 wrote:Please read the context first and let us know whether your question still holds.

Romans 14:1-13 NIV

14 Accept the one whose faith is weak, without quarreling over disputable matters. 2 One person’s faith allows them to eat anything, but another, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. 3 The one who eats everything must not treat with contempt the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted them. 4 Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To their own master, servants stand or fall. And they will stand, for the Lord is able to make them stand.

5 One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind. 6 Whoever regards one day as special does so to the Lord. Whoever eats meat does so to the Lord, for they give thanks to God; and whoever abstains does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. 7 For none of us lives for ourselves alone, and none of us dies for ourselves alone. 8 If we live, we live for the Lord; and if we die, we die for the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord. 9 For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living.

10 You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister[a]? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat. 11 It is written:

“‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord,
‘every knee will bow before me;
every tongue will acknowledge God.’”

12 So then, each of us will give an account of ourselves to God.

13 Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister.

So this is something that will happen on the day of judgment where proof of his existence will be provided dismissing the need for faith?

Ken
RickD wrote
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence".
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

I know Hana will answer but in short...yes, its usually related to the time of Christ's second coming where it will be obvious before all, therefore at that time, regardless of what anyone believe or doesn't believe will acknowledge Him.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Every man will meet The Creator. More on final judgement here
http://www.gotquestions.org/final-judgment.html

I cannot fully imagine someone standing before God and keeping thinking it is only illusion or what.
And why not doing it before? Hmm.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

I used to have a T-shirt that had Jesus on it and it said Every knee shall bow on it.I don't see how a person could stand before Jesus one day and not bow.I mean it will then be obvious he is real and I can see people realizing how wrong they were to deny him,in that moment everything will become so clear and people will see the way,the truth and the life.There will be no more sceptics and I can see people pleading with Jesus to forgive them for denying him and not believing when it is so easy to believe.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

So this is something that will happen on the day of judgment where proof of his existence will be provided dismissing the need for faith?
Yes, but don't wait for then because it'll be too late at that point for any choice to believe.
Now, during the tribulation (arguable before or right after [timing doesn't matter for this context]), the whole world will know God is present in the world and backing Israel.
If you want to be a tribulation saint (waiting for the only 'slap in your face' obvious signs before judgement) your only way to salvation will be by dying for your belief in Jesus (unless your one of the lucky ones that some how survive the whole ordeal for the millennium age)
I'd recommend studying Christian Eschatology so you can better recognize the times of the age and see how things will unfold so you'll have the courage to believe during the trib.
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

(unless your one of the lucky ones that some how survive the whole ordeal for the millennium age)
Not even really sure this is one of the lucky ones ! Living during the millennium age sounds great, getting there doesn't :shakehead:

I wonder if there's anything special about being an end of the world saint in God's eyes.... We'll probably go through some very serious, insidious torment to become saints,but could it be any worse than crucifixion or being eaten by animals as they were back when ? Strange to think of entry in to the Kingdom of God by means of such sacrifice, when what awaits us is pure eternal love... Christianity is pure dichotomy at all angles...
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

I wonder if there's anything special about being an end of the world saint in God's eyes
I think there are special groups of people throughout all ages to produce types of people. Trib saints are special as they will be the only ones to populate the Millennium.
As far as 'end of the age' saints though, you are right they have a higher penalty to make it to eternal life. But they also are being given undeniable proof God exists. We in the church age won't get that, but will be spared His wrath on Earth.
The people that make it to the millennium will get to populate the world! Sounds fun to me :lol: :wave:
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

We in the church age won't get that, but will be spared His wrath on Earth.
I'm not as sure of this as you. I believe, although we may be spared His wrath at the end, those who are still here, who may yet be saved will. Whom so ever is left at the end, when the son of perdition is in command, will suffer greatly at his hands...the hands of man and evil spirits therein.
The people that make it to the millennium will get to populate the world! Sounds fun to me
I want so much for this to be true, especially for my kids and their families if they survive to this point. There's a prayer to the Holy spirit i recite daily that has 1 line in it.... "and thou shalt renew the face of the earth"... this has been explained as post trib, now millennial, world that has been racked by all the destruction we have heard of for the end times, and the actual face of the earth will need renewed for man to survive. It is said it will take 7 years for this the earth to regain it's bloom. I don't know any of this to be true, but it is at least one scenario I have read and doesn't seem all that much out of place considering all the mayhem to befall mother earth.

I'm not sure how much fun it will be, but I do know you're right, all will be bathed in the light and love of Jesus and will know their God exists and saved them for His 1000 year reign.
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

Yes, there's much suffering in for this world to come. Which it's why it's so important to bring people to Him now before it happens!
Or at least prepare them for what will.. (dramatic ominous music in the background..)
It is said it will take 7 years for this the earth to regain it's bloom
I'm curious, where did you get the time frame from? I don't recall it y#-o
I always thought the regeneration would be instant but confess I haven't looked too deeply into this part of the age.
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

I'm curious, where did you get the time frame from? I don't recall it y#-o
apologies Mallz, I know I've read it but I can't support what I cant find.... certainly not in the bible... big mouth little brain syndrome.. I'll look some more but even if it's some obscure reference (Late Great Planet Earth... etc... ) it's really not admissible as anything but authorship conjecture... :oops:
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

it's really not admissible as anything but authorship conjecture..
Gotcha. It did sound familiar. Really thought I missed that one!
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

Gotcha. It did sound familiar. Really thought I missed that one!
Yeah, well me too. I've thought that 7 year face of the earth renewal for a long time and can't find a darn thing even close to it anywhere... I googled 7, #7 in prophecy, #7 in the bible... believe me, when you look at all the possibilities the number 7 brings in the bible (literally 100's) and can't find what your looking for, well probably should have stayed off the "D's" growing up.... Sorry if I caused a stir. I really am, after all this, looking still sure of what I read, but since nowhere else in the entire computer world has reference to it :flush: :roll:
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran